• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pontus Tag V.1.01b

History:
When the fathers don't like their Pontus anymore they leave them long away from their homes. Now the Pontus have been dropped of in the middle of the orc warlords land. The orcs don't like strangers...RUN PONTUS.

Pontus:
The hunted ones if you read the history above. Build a gold mine and a hut, farm gold and get a mighty base which can destroy the warlords. Grow up and accieve new powers as you get older. When you are grown up you can choose a class. You win when all warlords are dead.

Warlords:
Choose from four different orc warlords and basically hunt down the Pontus. Every time you kill a Pontus you gain 2 gold and every time you destroy a gold mine 1 gold. Use the gold to get new spells. You win when all Pontus are dead.

Pontus tag was my first map and I have improved it lot from that. Many players I play with say that it is a mix of vampirism zero, tree tag and island defense. I don't know what you think but I hope you will have lots of fun playing it. Please give some feedback in this thread on what to improve to the next version. If you find any bug report it here, if you have the opportunity save the replay and upload it somewhere and give me the link.

Credits to Nivius for the cool terrain.

NOTE: I HAD TO DO THIS FAST UPDATE BECAUSE OF THE NEW PATCH 1.24 NOT BEING ABLE TO HANDLE SOME FUNCTIONS IN MY MAP. IF YOU HAVE ANY PREVIOUS VERSION PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE 'B' VERSION.

I HAD TO REMOVE SOME ERROR MESSAGES SO IT ISN'T A BUG IF THE ERROR MESSAGES DONT LOOK THE SAME.
ENJOY

Keywords:
Tag, Pontus, Warlord, barrens
Contents

Pontus Tag V.1.01b (Map)

Reviews
14:22, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Couldn´t test map it is buggy. I choose a hero and couldn´t move wtf.
Give it a better name people don´t join.

That has never happend before :/. And I have played this map a 100 times just never uploaded it. Strange, try again.

Name is great btw I played today and got full house the problem is your game name. Name it something like Pontus Tag - Join Fast!!

Level 3
My rating

Ok now it worked so here is my rating

Positive:
+Good, creative terrain
+More or less balanced units and tower systems
+Nice models

Neutral
~No new game idea (like tree tag)

Negative:
-Evil has no chance to win:
If just one runs in the graveyard all people get free, too much to kill them all this fast.
-Boring game for evil (Problem of nearly all tags):
Not enough spells and chances to kill the enemies.
-No own loading screen for the game :fp: it looks unprofessional!
-Evil is too lame and should run a bit faster

Solution to improve game:

To free the other peons one peon must touch them and so one by one gets free and not as fast as you made it in your map.
Just an idea for a new spell: Give them the spell of the elven hunters with the owl.
For an own creative loading screen download Warcraft 3 Model Editor and read the tutorial about how to create an own loading screen.

My rating: 3,28

Last edited:
Level 4
*Overflow

Can my preview image be used as a loadingscreen?? I think that it is very cool don't you?

The graveyard system sounds interesting and I think I will modify the current system to something like the one you said, thanks ;).

It's not to hard to win with evil, most games I'm in they say they opposit =), but yeah it's kinda boring when they are so slow. I'm thinking of making all units (Pontus and warlords) faster but keep the same difference between them. This will make scouting faster and maybe more fun. Maybe also add one extra ability for every warlord or/and maybe items, problem is which abilities/items do you need?

There actually is a scouting ability, Murthag has an ability called 'mark your land' it works basically like a ward without any duration timer.

E: Yes Pontus is a typical swedish name, maybe used in other european countries as well.

Level 3
Your preview screen could be used as a loading screen as well but it should be around this size: 600x800 or something like this because instead it would have too low quality for a real loading screen.

To create a loading screen you need the warcraft 3 model editor here is a link where you can download it: http://home.magosx.com/index.php?topic=6.0.
Here is also a link for a youtube tutorial video about how to create a loading screen with the model editor:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfz3RG0PLUA.

I would make something like an ultimate spell for every hero. Just some examples:

For Murzan: Pontus Shield: Pontus running or floating around him :fp: makes him immortal for a duration of time.

For DrekThar: Ghost (soul) army

For Thrall: I would make something like an update of his last spell.
An overview of the whole map for some time.

And finally for Marthog:Totem Power: Increases his attack damage to an enormous level

Level 4
Your preview screen could be used as a loading screen as well but it should be around this size: 600x800 or something like this because instead it would have too low quality for a real loading screen.

To create a loading screen you need the warcraft 3 model editor here is a link where you can download it: http://home.magosx.com/index.php?topic=6.0.
Here is also a link for a youtube tutorial video about how to create a loading screen with the model editor:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfz3RG0PLUA.

I would make something like an ultimate spell for every hero. Just some examples:

For Murzan: Pontus Shield: Pontus running or floating around him :fp: makes him immortal for a duration of time.

For DrekThar: Ghost (soul) army

For Thrall: I would make something like an update of his last spell.
An overview of the whole map for some time.

And finally for Marthog:Totem Power: Increases his attack damage to an enormous level

Cool spells. I can picture them, thralls might be a bit imba thought =) but others are great.

Level 7
Rofl i don't believe you would have known this, ( i havent read all the comments, someone else may have informed but... ) Pontus is a name of a nation, back in the time of the romans. o_O

Level 6
Mass Purging Template Version 3.0
Approve.

Any Personal Comments?
Meh, the terrain was fairly decent, although the idea was unoriginal, and I couldn't see your triggers, so this really can't be rejected.