1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warlock 1.01b

Submitted by Zymoran
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Warlock

by Zymoran and Adynathos

Dota 2 Warlock

[​IMG]

Warlock's successor can now be played in Dota 2!
Play now | Details | Steam group

Community

If you want to be a part of Warlock and its community, head over to WarlockBrawl.com, where you can discuss updates, post suggestions and report bugs.

RGC

You can find Warlock games to play on RGC, a Warcraft III client. It supports stats-tracking ladder (ranked games) in Warlock (and DotA), which will record your stats on the ladder leaderboard.

Videos

Use the tabs to switch between videos.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UY9DPE60A4
    by Sleek
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-8f2n074i8
    by Nikosar
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA_RyvFEY0M
    by Sleek
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcHR4ErFb4
    by KoliS

Screenshots

Click for full size.

Changelog

A small maintenance update.

Changes:
- Updated titles/tokens for tournament winners!
- Changed name of Phantasm to Arc
- It is now possible to to toggle Arc between clockwise and counterclockwise
- Fixed a visual bug where suicide would not show any death effect
- Fixed a potential desync issue
- Improved visuals on Arc and Bouncer Recharge
- Made of Money death effect is now the only cosmetic that can be purchased without any tokens (costs 1 gold)

Keywords:
Warlock, warlock, brawl, warlock brawl, Warlock Brawl, warlock, Warlock, warlock, Zymoran, Demestotenes, Adynathos, PvP, arena, warlock, Warlock
Contents

Warlock 1.01b (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/29 22:50:45 Comment: [Approved] After 4 years in development Warlock has definitely improved and thus deserves a higher rating - Rating changed from [4/5] to [5/5]. Resource Moderation - Rules 12:32,...
  1. Vex

Vex

Resources:
    Resources:
    4.5/5

Great (unique?) game concept. Reminds me of Liero (Worms) or Tanks, except for the knockback aspect that plays a big role here. Absolutely love it!

I have some suggestions to consider or discuss. Not saying they are improvements, just open ideas.

- Reduce the effect of knockback gain on higher levels.
    Why?
    I think it plays a too big role during late games, and that a better balance between damage taken from spells and damage taken from lava would improve the gameplay.

- Change arena mechanics. By this I mean having a Colosseum like arena with a center platform surrounded by walls and no lava zone.
    Why?
    Main reason is visuals. This idea enables the arena edges to have a lot of doodads that are visible to, but not in the way of the players during the whole match.
    What about the lava?
    The lava appears by removal of floor plates after time passes (just like how the current island shrinks).
    What about the walls and knockback?
    I realize there will be less lava space when there are walls around it. To compensate for this, players hitting the wall are stunned for a duration based on the speed they had. During this time, they will take damage from the lava. This will be a nerf in some ways, mostly to some spells like teleport, rush and displacement. On the other hand, it buffs the curse reduction item attribute (reduced stun duration).

- Game-mode suggestion.
    Battle Royale.
    Look at the arena like a chessboard. After n seconds, a random square is picked and turned into lava. This process must support the condition that by removing a square x, the remainng squares must all be connected. This is to prevent players from ending up on separated square-islands. This process goes on until there is only 1 safe square left.
    Random events
    Could be an option that can be toggled on/off. Since it is a Colosseum ish arena, a lot of things can be sent out to the arena either from trap-doors on the walls, from hidden passages in the floor plates or cast from the spectator area. Spells, animals, monsters, objects (rocks, power-ups, health boost, poison vial, rotten tomatoes, bombs etc.).

2. Icedrake

Icedrake

Resources:
    Resources:
    Contrary to popular belief here, I found that this map is still being updated. If you look on their forums, you'll see a topic there with the latest developments on 0.96. A new test version of 0.96 was released today: http://warlockbrawl.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=462&start=220.

Good to see one of my favorite WC3 maps is still under work.

3. Moonmage

Moonmage

Resources:
    Resources:
    updated today

4. dragonslarger

dragonslarger

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. Icedrake

Icedrake

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome, an update! Nvm, change log is on the Warlock website.

6. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    A great game indeed.

7. Arisato

Arisato

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    in my opinion, only this map can be compared with dota..

8. Baintastic

Baintastic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a fantastic game!! I play it all the time with my brothers.
    A couple suggestions:

1. I'm sure this is a common suggestion, but AI would be great for this game as a group of people could play a team match against AI to reduce frustration of one person dominating.

2. I would love to see more spells. I have a theory that you could use the rally ability (it would be the default right-click action) to determine where the warlock would move instead of using the default move-to ability which takes up 4 icon spaces (move, defend, patrol, stop). Seeing as the movement in this game is all JASS-driven, I don't think this would be too difficult and it would free up 3 more spaces for spells :D. If this is confusing I would be glad to explain further.

btw +rep 5/5 etc.

9. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice idea. Although having more spells... have a lot of chaotic consequences. But then again, we'll see.

10. Baintastic

Baintastic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    true, but in the very least, I would like to see the command buttons reorganized to the top row. then maybe even change the hotkeys for the spells to be ASDF/ZXCV to correspond to the screen. veteran players probably wouldn't like this at first, but I think they would eventually like it... or maybe I just want all maps to handle hotkeys like Assassins :p

11. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've seen quite some maps now that uses QWERT hotkeys. A Naruto AoS, for example, which name escapes me. And having Warlock uses QWERT, or ASDF, or whatever other combinations would be REALLY nice.

12. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's not nice because there are 8 skills inluding firebolt and short range skill.

so QWERT +DFG? no i think not. i think the key for now is easily press than this one.

13. Baintastic

Baintastic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I still stand by my statement. ASDF/ZXCV would be fantastic. And in SasuhKun's case, I think he was thinking QWER/ASDF, not QWERT/DFG. It IS possible to change the hotkeys for standard movement icons.

14. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whatever works is fine.

15. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    How can choose for ASDF?

S is stop button , am i right?

16. Garfield1337

Garfield1337

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You can change the commands' hotkeys.

17. Baintastic

Baintastic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    exactly.

18. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But you need to make 8+ different Firebolts then.

Because it could be Q, W, E, R or other key...

And then count all spells like 20x8? And then triggers. Noty.

19. Baintastic

Baintastic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Changing the hotkeys wouldn't affect the spells at all... You would just need to change the icon placement and their hotkeys...

20. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I thought that you mean like...

If you buy Firebolt first, it will use Q. Then the second spell you purchase will use W.