• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: The Edge of Eternity (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Forum: http://edge-of-eternity.userboard.net/

The forum is also integrated into the website (having some issues optimizing it; I haven't really done much with it. Looks very bad in the window on the website because the header image is way too big, but it kinda works) I'm making a new skin for it, but it's going somewhat slowly as I don't think it's terribly important. The website is also pretty much blank as there isn't much to show right now. We'll update as development progresses.

Anyway, as some may be aware, the management of the mod has been again changed. In short, basically nothing actually got done previously that we're aware of (I'm fairly certain there was never anything actually done, other than some concept pieces).

So in short we're starting over (or just starting, considering that nothing's been done. Whatever you prefer).

Now, about the mod:

Edge of Eternity is a campaign mod being developed for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. The mod will pick up shortly after the events of The Frozen Throne. We're still developing the new storyline, so I won't get into it too much just because I don't really know what exactly is going to happen (we've got an outline of the story, and are working on refining the details and expanding the information in it and will soon begin writing the full script). So more detail will be provided later.

Our current intentions are to include six full length campaigns, as well as some shorter interludes in between. The current campaigns include those present in Warcraft III (The Night Elves, the Alliance, the Horde, and the Scourge). Also coming into play in larger roles are the Illidari, the Forsaken, and the Scarlet Crusade, as well as other smaller factions. The mod does not directly follow the story as it takes place in World of Warcraft; although there are some similarities in the plots, ours follows a very different path (that hopefully will be far better).

Currently we are seeking writers who know the lore of Warcraft fairly well to help with the development of the story. Send me a message here or on the forum and I will get back to you.

Level 19
Looks great so far, lets get this party started once again:)
I'll try to support this as much as possible given my packed schedule.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Lol, been looking at the threads for this mod for awhile. At least something might get done for once.

Level 18
at least it revived ... you should stop asking about lore stuff and get to make the mod i mean the Warcraft mod isn't supposed to contain hundreds of campaign maps not even warcraft 3 did it just had some missions . that lore may take up to 30 mins :S

Level 19
My exams would be over after November so I hope to be able to give suggestions or do anything to help after!
Till then, good luck and nice work so far:)

Level 51
at least it revived ... you should stop asking about lore stuff and get to make the mod i mean the Warcraft mod isn't supposed to contain hundreds of campaign maps not even warcraft 3 did it just had some missions . that lore may take up to 30 mins :S

wtf are you talking about ^^
lore is, after wow fucked it up, one of the most important things in this mod ^^

anyway, nice to see it revived, loved what you did previously, hopefully this is going to have success.

Level 2
hey guys!

I did it previously on the moddb page and now I will inform you about my part on that mod project.

I've decided to quit my work on it because I do not really have the time anymore to work on it. I'm not really sure what effect this will have on the actual work status, but my leave does not mean the end of the mod! don't forget this!

well that's all I wanted to say and finally thanks for your support!

Level 2
O: Want me to give you my idea sheet for campaigns and the like? It has around 25 different campaign ideas and two rough outlines.

Level 6
If you would like to email me anything you are more than welcome to. Progress has more or less stopped for the time being (for the most part it was research anyway, and trying to piece together all of the older things into a somewhat coherent series); this remains primarily a side project and has taken a seat further back so that I can focus on a different project that has a deadline I'm not going to meet. And therefore not get my investor probably... work on it will likely resume again soon as I want to get back to my other things that are really more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.