• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV - The Edge of Eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8

Eternal Designs proudly presents their newest and greatest project so far...

213123123123.jpg

Everything must come to an end...

Our website:

WarcraftEoE.com

Warcraft 4: The Edge of Eternity
is the merge of the two epic Warcraft 4 Projects, Warcraft 4: The Awakening and Warcraft IV: The New Age. The project is based on the events after Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, this will feature 5 campaigns which are in this order:

the Undead Scourge
the Orcish Horde
the Human Alliance
the Convent of the Blackened
the Night Elf Sentinals

What will Warcraft 4 feature?

- New Units
- New Maps
- New Campaigns
- And of course the continuation of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne

Why Did you decide to make this "Merge" between such large projects?

Firstly, Wc3shady and I have always worked together and helped each other so we decided to just merge each others projects, which would save time and make it easier to create with two leaders to lead the creation of the project. Secondly, this way the campaign can be much more epic, as both our brilliant stories have been merged to create an even better campaign.

What are the biggest improvements over Wc4: TA and WcIV: NA?

And this is where it gets interesting. The biggest improvement over the other two projects is that this will be a fully featured modification of the original Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne game. This really has a lot of improvements I really think are required in the project. Here are some examples:

- Online gameplay (so you will be able to play against other people online)
- Our own World Editor
- Customized interface (that includes the main menu, and a new interactive Campaign selector)
- Fully functional Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity music
- Great high quality models (includes high quality remakes of great old favourites like the Ghoul)
- New terrain
- New doodads
- And much more!

Beta Testing Team:

thewrongvine
captainrads
Anderzzon
Gev
Cleeezzz
Renendaru
Sidove
Romek

Team:
Note: Green means Actively working, Red means not Active on the project at this moment.

Leaders/Co-Leaders:

Kingbdogz: Leader/Terrainer/Unit Concepter/Story/Icons/ConceptArtist

Date Joined: 11/09/08 Date Joined Merge: 06/07/09
Kingbdogz is one of the leaders of the Warcraft IV project, and manages the project, directs storyline, draws concept art for our modelers, concepts units and will do some terraining.

Wc3shady: Leader/Terrainer/Unit Concepter/Story/Lore/Modeling

Date Joined: 11/11/08 Date Joined Merge: 06/07/09
Wc3shady is one of the leaders of the Warcraft IV project, and manages the project, directs storyline, corrects lore, does most of campaign terraining and is the prime modeler for the project. Unfortunetly he went missing and has not been active on any websites for almost five months.

Halithor: Co-Leader/Lore

Date Joined: 11/09/08 Date Joined Merge: 06/07/09
Halithor is one of the Co-Leaders of the Warcraft IV project. He helps with lore/storyline and has been a great help to the team so far.

Members:

Renendaru: Jasser

Date Joined: 11/30/09 Date Joined Merge: 06/09/09
Renendaru is a skilled JASS coder who has proven herself invaluable to the project and both previous projects. She has contributed many spells and systems such as the Weather System and has given feedback as well.

Cleeezzz: Jasser/Spell Creator

Date Joined:
Cleeezzz is a skilled JASS coder who has so far proved himself greatly to the team. He has contributed many spells for the Scarlet Crusade and has been a pleasure to work with.

Gev: Music Composer

Date Joined:
Gev is a highly skilled Music Composer who has proven himself greatly in our past projects and now in current Eternal Designs projects. He has created some of the greatest peices I've heard and has been a great help. Now that this project is a modification, you can expect more great high quality music from Gev.

Anderzzon: Terrainer

Date Joined:
Anderzzon has been a great help to the Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity project and has made several melee maps with unique ideas behind them. He has helped in the past with Wc3shady's projects, and now he will be helping again with new terrain and doodads for him to use. We look forward to his great maps soon to play.

captainrads: Critique/Gives Input

Date Joined: 01/08/09 Date Joined Merge: Not Yet
Captainrads is a great member of the team, who has helped greatly with feedback on the current projects. He will also be a beta tester, like all other team members.

Duderock101: Cinematics/Triggers

Date Joined: 12/18/08. Date Joined Merge: Not Yet
Duderock101 plays the role of a Cinematic Director and does some Triggers for the Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity project. He has proven himself eager to help with the project.

Frost: Unit Idealist/Terrainer

Date Joined: 12/18/08. Date Joined Merge: Not Yet
Frost plays the role of a Terrainer and Unit idealist on the Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity project. He has proven himself eager to help with the project, and has given huge amounts of feedback.

thewrongvine: Terrainer/Storyline Concepter

Date Joined: 11/09/08. Date Joined Merge: 04/08/09
Thewrongvine is a great help to the team and terrains several melee maps for the Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity project. He has been eager to aid in the past and helped with many previous projects. We hope he continues his status as a member on the team once Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity is complete.

Sidove: Artist

Date Joined: 8th of August, 2009.
Sidove is a skilled artist who has shown he can draw extremely detailed concepts. He is currently inactive due to technical difficulties. He will become active shortly.

Varine: Modeller/CGI Director

Varine is a skilled modeller who has shown extremely talented skills. He can create brilliant CGI scenes for the upcoming projects and is showing great progress in Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity.

Razalgrim: Artist

Razalgrim is a skilled Artist who has shown extremely talented skills. He can create various concepts for projects, which includes scenes, cinematics and concepts of units.

Nevo: Webpage Designer

Nevo is familiar with making websites of great quality. He has proven himself to be a great member of the team.

Lich_king2: PvPGN Developer

Lich_king2 is a skilled coder and is one of the developers of PvPGN. PvPGN is the platform we will be using for Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity, and will offer many benefits in the future.

Saw792: JASS Flautist

Saw792 is a skilled JASS coder. He creates many great and unique systems for Warcraft IV and shall make a great additiont to the team.

Notes:

1/8/09:
I'd just like to say a few things to clear up the upcoming confusion. So, I'm really excited to finally announce this project, the team has been working constantly since the 7th of July and I must say we're really proud with what we have created in less then two months. First of all I'd like to say that the logo and it's respective Wallpaper is under heavy construction, and that it was made originally by GooS. Unfortunately while he was making it he left the project due to time restrictions so I had to finish it off myself (while he had it had no colour and was quite messy). As you can see, the IV is missing so I'd like if anyone could throw some suggestions on how to implement it :p.

The project was actually announced a little early because I was just eager to get it out and show all you guys anticipating the 1st of August. There will be a massive update later tomorrow, which will feature some more images in the Image Gallery and perhaps some information on where the campaign is heading. Later this month we will be releasing a Demo for the Undead campaign. So as you see, we are really working hard to get this finished, and I'd like you to please thank all the team members for working so hard. While I was working hard too, you cannot comprehend how many hours they had to give up to contribute to this giant project. Thanks, and enjoy what we have in store for you,

~Kingbdogz

P.S: I will be sending a few PM's to all those willing to help, so just post on the thread saying you would still like to help out.

Updates:

8/8/09:
Scarlet Villa, Alter of the Devout, and the Gnomish Octobot concept was released. Scarlet Mosque was renamed to War Mosque.

2/8/09:
Three images were added and one concept.

1/8/09:
Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity was announced and one wallpaper and image has been added.

Update Archive:

- 2/8/09 -

WarcraftIV-TheEdgeofEternityLogo-1.png

- 2/8/09 -

Update!

Here it is, the first update! Warcraft IV - The Edge of Eternity was recently announced on www.thehelper.net Warcraft forums by Eternal Designs, and I'm proud to say that this is the best project they have worked on so far.

You are probably all wondering what "Eternal Designs proudly presents their newest and greatest project so far..." means, so I'm going to go into a little explanation. Eternal Designs is the team that is currently working on Warcraft IV - The Edge of Eternity, and was created by Kingbdogz and Wc3shady. Eternal Designs contains the team of Warcraft IV - The Edge of Eternity, but in future could start new projects. I am Kingbdogz posting this, but the Warcraft IV account will be reserved for someone in the team willing to keep everyone up to date with the projects progression and will post all the updates on the thread.

Scarlet Crusade's Reliquary:

Click to enlarge.

Now that the project is officially announced, I'd like to give you a few treats and an overview of what is on the thread at the moment. You can see a few improvements on the new thread from the old thread, for example the Image Gallery and a Wallpaper section so everyone can enjoy the project on their desktop background. We released the Scarlet Crusades Reliquary picture in the Image Gallery and one Warcraft IV - The Edge of Eternity wallpaper in the Wallpaper section.

Eternal Designs has also added a Notes section for comments after an update to clear some confusion. An update section was also made, as a lot of updates had been made on the previous projects but there was no section where you could follow the progression of the project without going through nearly 60 pages of posts. This is one of the most important improvements, as I saw people said they had to read through the whole thread just to see what had been happening with the projects progression.

Scarlet Crusade's Knight Convent:

Click to enlarge.

So what have we been doing the past day? Well here I will be introducing you to the DEV Update section, which will be updated every time an update is introduced. It will basically tell you what the team members have been doing over the time so you can get a better idea of what is being worked on and what isn't. But enough with all these sections, I'm sure you would all really like to know what we have been working on:

DEV Update Section:

- Kingbdogz has been further improving the Warcraft IV logo, and has created an IV image.

- Renendaru and Cleeezzz are both improving their spells for the Scarlet Crusade's heroes, and are currently working on the "Seeker" class hero.

- Kingbdogz has been working on several designs for a new website

- Kingbdogz has been planning out a Eternal Designs logo on paper

So as you can see quite a lot can go on in just a day in the team, seeing as most of it is quite in-active until I start sending out PM's to the rest.

Scarlet Crusade's Scarlet Mosque:

Click to enlarge.

We have been working hard to finish off the Scarlet Crusade, which will be featured as a playable race in the first demo coming in a month or two.

To finish off the update, here is a little concept art for the new Undead unit called the Blightwing, I drew three varitations:

BlightwingVariations-1.jpg

This is all I can give for now, you can expect to see more artwork, screenshots, and even story/unit gameplay next time. Enjoy the update,

~ Eternal Designs

- 8/8/09 -

WarcraftIV-TheEdgeofEternityLogo-1.png

- 8/8/09 -

Update!

So a week has gone by and more work has been contributed into the massive mod. The projects core is currently being heavily worked on by Eternal Designs; as of now the team is importing all the new models, data, and systems into the new MPQ, so progress is really flying and more and more content is being created.

Some changes have been made to the Scarlet Crusade race, and the previous Scarlet Mosque has now been renamed to the War Mosque.

Scarlet Crusade's War Mosque:

Click to enlarge.

The changes are minimal, but they are still changes none-the-less. As you can see below, a new Altar has been made for the Scarlet Crusade called the Alter of the Devout. The texture and unwrap is still in a WIP state, so while the model might not change, the texture and unwrap will.

Scarlet Crusade's Altar of the Devout:

Click to enlarge.

The Scarlet Crusade also has a new food provider called a Scarlet Villa. It will basically act like the farm of the Human race, although we are thinking of giving it an ability which will increase nearby Servants (the new workers) movement speed incase of a situation where your Servants cannot be protected by soldiers.

Scarlet Crusade's Scarlet Villa:

Click to enlarge.

So far while you might know there will be the Scarlet Crusade race and that elements from both previous projects will merge, you might not know what is in and what is out. So to let your mind at ease, I will talk about the gameplay aspects of the mod.

The weather system Kingbdogz had always talked about in the last project is still returning, and it is becoming a huge part of the gameplay experience. The weather system shall have a varied amount of features. Its main feature is that clouds float around randomly, according to the wind direction, and weather events that affect gameplay.

Wind direction and descriptions of weather types will be found in a multiboard where it shows an arrow that is up, down, left, or right for weather direction and an icon for each weather type. If you move your mouse over this icon, you will see the weather type and its effect. So depending on the wind direction (wherever the arrow is pointing), the clouds will travel in that direction. Clouds also merge when they collide, and once they are merged they carry out the same weather effects.

There is also a special weather-based mercenary camp called the Gnomish Weather Base. Here, you can pay to change the current weather type of all clouds to something more intense. Some clouds will not always follow the wind direction, and will sometimes go the opposite way. This is a list of weather types and their effects:

Rain – (Non-Snow Maps Only) Slow down units’ movement and attack speed by 20%.

Snow – (Snow Maps Only) Slows down unit movement and attack speed by 20%. (Note on Snow and Rain having same stats – they are variations of the same thing for snow and non snow maps)

Blighted Rain – (Blighted Clouds Only) When Blighted Rain comes down, it doesn’t affect Undead MS/AS and gives them temporary full map regeneration.

Storm – Note – this is vary rare. (Non-Snow Maps Only) During a violent rain storm, it slows down unit movement and attack speed by 30%, and occasionally lightning strikes the ground. If a unit is struck by lightning, they lose a quarter of their mana (percentage-wise), become stunned for two seconds and slowly regain their movement speed.

Hail Storm – Note – this is very rare. (Winter Maps Only) During a violet snow storm, it slows down unit movement and attack speed by 30%, and occasionally a unit will be struck by hail. If a unit is struck by hail, they lose a quarter of their mana (percentage-wise), become stunned for two seconds and slowly regain their movement and attack speed).

Holy Rays – Rays of light flash down onto the ground, giving living units increased health regeneration by two. (Note – I changed this to just two because I wanted it to be equal to the Blighted Rain)

Tornado – Occasionally, a Cloud will become a Tornado and sweep across the landscape, temporarily pulling units in it that get hit by it (units only get pulled in it for about three seconds).

Paths for each race are still in, too. For people who don't know what the paths are, here is a example of what the Undead's pathing would be like:

Pathing for the Undead Scouge

As all the races, the Undead Scourge will have some sort of Pathing in their Tech Tree, and for them they can make one of two free instant researches that at any time from their town hall building.
These upgrades are:

The Advent of the Plague – This allow the construction of more plague, slaughter and experimental-type units. It focuses on damage to larger groups of units, and also sometime single target damage.

The Advent of Shadows - the Advent of Shadows is a very effective path because it focuses on massing units. This can outnumber the greatest armies and corner the mightiest heroes. They also have special Nerubian units that can traverse the map very quickly.

And finally I would like to announce another new race will introduced to the project called the Blackened, can you guess what they are and who is leading them? To finish off the update I would like to bring you all a little concept Kingbdogz created for the Human race called the Gnomish Octobot:

Human Alliance's Gnomish Octobot:

Click to enlarge.

You can expect to see more Scarlet Crusade content including a full tech tree next time. Enjoy the update,

~ Eternal Designs

Image Gallery:

Scarlet Crusade's Reliquary:

Click to enlarge.

Scarlet Crusade's Knight Convent:

Click to enlarge.

Scarlet Crusade's War Mosque:

Click to enlarge.

Scarlet Crusade's Altar of the Devout:

Click to enlarge.

Scarlet Crusade's Scarlet Villa:

Click to enlarge.

Human Alliance's Gnomish Octobot:

Click to enlarge.

Scarlet Crusade's Scarlet Chapel:

Click to enlarge.

Scourge Lurker:

Click to enlarge.

Abomination Hero:

Click to enlarge.

Wallpapers:

Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity:

1900x1200 1600x1200 1200x800

Races Campaigns:

Scourge:
Fate Forthcoming

Description: The first campaign, Fate Forthcoming, is based around the Undead Scourge. The Lich King, now Arthas and Ner’zhul, has had a conflict between the two within his mind for 10 years. The Lich King ripped his own heart out within him, and sealed it away to remove his humanity. However, within these 10 years the armies of the Scourge have remained static due to this conflict, and the Death Knight wielding the corrupted Ashbringer, Darion Mograine, has risen high in the ranks of the Scourge. While Kel’Thuzad remains loyal to the Lich King, the Lich King sees great potential within Darion. So, when the decision is made to make war with the kingdoms of humanity, the Lich King chooses Darion to lead his armies. Kel’Thuzad, however, has his own agenda. Whatever the case may be, one thing is for sure: the fate of humanity is upon us.

The Scourge Missions and Cinematics:

Horde:
Hordes of Darkness

Description: The second campaign, Hordes of Darkness, is the Horde campaign happening at the same time as the Scourge campaign. It begins with Orgrimmar in flames, and follows the mighty Orc Saurfang as he has his vengeance on the Dark Horde, led by Kilrogg Deadeye. Over the course of the campaign, you as a player discover what happened a year ago. The Horde has regrouped, but Saurfang has gone his own way. Only blood will come in his rage; his hunger for vengeance.

The Horde Missions and Cinematics:

Alliance:
Secrets of the Titans

Description: The Alliance Campaign is about the Humans slowly struggling to find any colonies of people that may have survived the Final Blow from the now dominating Undead army. While they struggle to rise back to some form of power, they become a stronger race of Unity, with the whole race of the Dwarves, Gnomes, and old Human Veterans of the past wars to help them. The Humans are still weak though, and all their past teachers of knowledge and magic were slaughtered in battle and their only hope is to go back to the old ways of magic, the magic of the great Titans and Eldar Humans. The spell conducting instructions and the knowledge of the past were displayed and carved onto ancient runes and tablets far down the core of Azeroth, and while the Dwarves search for these Tablets, they discover a dark ancient fortelling, that has always doomed Azeroth into its clutches...

The Alliance Missions and Cinematics:

Check back later

The Convent of the Blackened:
The Awakening

Description: The Convent of the Blackened Campaign is being worked on...

The Convent of the Blackened Missions and Cinematics:

Check back later

Night Elves:
Shards of Hope

Description: The Night Elf Campaign is being worked on...

The Night Elf Missions and Cinematics:

Check back later

Epilogue:
The New Age

Description: This is the aftermath of the Edge of Eternity – a very short campaign consisting of about a mission for each race.

The Epilogue Missions and Cinematics:

Check back later

Last edited:
Level 8
Just to clear some confusion, the old project I had is here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-4-awakening-111001/

Wc3shady's is here:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111754

I am currently hosted at TheHelper.net, but I would like to share my project with the users over here. My forum on TH is here:

Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity Forum

And this is my website:

WarcraftEoE.com

We are in desperate need of modellers, skinners, and artists! If anyone is interested in this project and has some skills in one of those areas don't hesitate to contact me via PM or reply here!

Some topics in my forum...

Hello and welcome to our third installment of our various polls. These polls are simple: you determine what goes in, and what comes out. Today I would like to discuss the new (work in progress) tech tree. Here is all the information we got but don't worry; it is only a small part of the Undead race.

Pathing for the Undead Scouge

As all the races, the Undead Scourge will have some sort of Pathing in their Tech Tree, and for them they can make one of two free instant researches that at any time from their town hall building.
These upgrades are:

The Advent of the Plague – This allow the construction of more plague, slaughter and experimental-type units. It focuses on damage to larger groups of units, and also sometimes single target damage.

The Advent of Shadows - the Advent of Shadows is a very effective path because it focuses on massing units and using ambush tactics. This can outnumber the greatest armies and corner the mightiest heroes. They also have special Nerubian units that can traverse the map very quickly.

Pathing of Units, Buildings and Heroes

The Advent of the Plague

- Witch (From the Crypt)
- Black Warlock (Hero; From the Altar of Darkness)
- Plague Eruptor (From the Slaughterhouse)
- Obsidian Guardian (From the Slaughterhouse)

The Advent of Shadows

- Crypt Fiend (From the Undergrave, Redesigned)
- Haunt (From the Temple of the Damned)
- Seeder (From the Undergrave)
- Undergrave (New Building)
- Crypt Lord (Hero; From the Altar of Darkness, Redesigned)

Pathing of Research

The Advent of the Plague

- Recycle Flesh (From the Slaughterhouse)
- Corpse Explosion (From the Slaughterhouse)
- Silent Aim (From the Crypt)
- Spirit Passage (From the Temple of the Damned)

The Advent of Shadows

- Nerubian Tunneling (From the Undergrave)
- Soul Empowerment (From the Sacrificial Pit)
- All Crypt Fiend Abilities (Now From the Undergrave)
- Flesh Hook (From the Slaughterhouse)

Units:

Abomination

Information: Nothing New
Battle Information: Nothing New
Abilities:
New – Corpse Explosion – This is for the Advent of the Plague. Abominations can use Corpse Explosion to deal a percentage of their health in damage to units around them.
New –Meat Hook – This is for the Advent of Darkness. Flesh Hook is usable on flying units and pulls them to the ground while the Abomination holds them. The target unit will remain in the Abomination’s hands for a period of time or until the Abomination moves (it is a channeled ability).

Note – with a path the Slaughterhouse can learn the ability Recycle Flesh. This means 4 Ghouls can be stored inside the Slaughterhouse and transformed into an abomination.

Witch

Information: The Witch was once a High Elf Ranger of Quel’Thalas. However, during the Scourge Invasion, many High Elves became part of the Scourge and their marksmanship carried over through undeath.
Battle Information: Long Ranged; Witch’s have low health, armor and damage but they are cheap and have very long range. They can also learn Silent Aim, which can allow them to deal more widespread damage.
Abilities:
Silent Aim – Silent Aim, when researched, gives Witches a chance on hit to shoot another arrow at a target near their target. However, the chance is only there when the Witch attacks an enemy within range of another enemy.
Tier and Location: T1.5; Crypt

Seeder

Information: While most walk, some Nerubians fly. When these Nerubians succumbed to undeath, the Lich King saw their tactical use and so became the Seeder.
Battle Information: Flying Melee; Seeders are anti air units that can deploy Carrion Beetles.
Abilities:
Seed – The Seeder flies down to the ground and seeds Carrion Beetles into the ground. These Carrion Beetles are created burrowed and have no duration. The Carrion Beetle can only escape the ground when an enemy unit travels over it, in which time it automatically unburrows. When a Seeder uses this ability, it takes a few seconds before it can fly back up. You can only have 10 Carrion Beetles per player at any time.
Tier and Location: T2; Undergrave
Requires Advent of Darkness

Plague Eruptor

Information: The Plague Eruptor is the Scourge’s latest experiment. While it was once a simple zombie, it became twisted by Necromancers. It is now a large vat of plague.
Battle Information: Melee; the Plague Eruptor is slow, but can deal a lot of damage and plague enemies so they are slow like him.
Abilities:
Plague – Plague is a debuff that causes an enemy to lose MS and AS.
Plaguing Eruption – If one unit near the Plague Eruptor is under the effects of Plague and it reaches under 15% health, the Plague Erupter will spray acid over the unit which makes it explode. All enemies near the erupting unit receive the Plague debuff. Does not effect Heroes.
Tier and Location:T3; Slaughterhouse
Requires Advent of the Plague

Crypt Fiend

Information: The Crypt Fiend is an updated returning unit. Nothing has changed except where you train the Crypt Fiend.
Battle Information: Ranged; the Crypt Fiend is an all around good ranged unit for its tier and survives conflict well.
Abilities:
Burrow – No Change
Web – No Change
Tier and Location: T1.5; Undergrave

Haunt

Information: When a Death Knight kills something it takes their soul. When a Death Knight dies, the souls they have stolen can be scavenged by Necromancers. These souls are called Haunts. (This doesn’t actually happen in game just FYI)
Battle Information: Melee; the Haunt is a hero killer.
Abilities:
Soul Drain – This is a passive ability. Each attack the Haunt inflicts on a mana-using unit also drains some of their mana. When the targeted units mana reaches 10% or lower, the Haunt inflicts double damage against them.
Spirit Passage – This ability is channeled and, when used, splits the spirit away from the Haunt. Its original body stays intact but you can use the other more transparent Spirit to traverse and scout the battlefield. The invulnerable Spirit can move through anything (cliffs, trees, rocks, etc) but has a duration time of ten seconds. If the original Haunt moves while the ability is being channeled, the Spirit moves very quickly into the Haunt and cancels the ability.
Tier and Location: T2; Temple of the Damned
Advent of Darkness required.

Obsidian Guardian

Information: Obsidian Guardians are some of the most powerful undead armed with powerful obsidian weaponry.
Battle Information: Melee; Obsidian Guardians are all around good fighters that can help raise the dead.
Abilities:
Circle of Undeath – This activated ability creates a circle of blight and undeath around the Obsidian Guardian as it drains his mana. Any unit that dies in the circle gets raised as a Skeletal Warrior.
Tier and Location: T3; Slaughterhouse

While Darion Mograine and Kel’Thuzad are the Lich King’s greatest commander’s, he needs vessels to carry his unholy will. And so he transformed shades into shades of himself, and they were granted power.

Lhorum
Shade of the Lich King

Unholy Word – Non-Targetable; the Shade of the Lich King orders his nearby minions to strike, greatly increasing their movement speed and health regeneration temporarily.
Champion – Unit Targetable; the Shade of the Lich King can champion one of his minions to transform them into the powerful Lichborn.
Carnage Aura – Aura; the Shade of the Lich King’s presence makes his armies fight harder and release their inner carnage, dealing more damage and returning a small portion of their attack damage into health.
Praise of the Lich King – Ultimate Non-Targetabe; the Shade of the Lich King receives his master’s praise, granting him dominion of a group of his strongest Lichborn.

Enjoy the information and tell me what you think!

Finally after several versions of the main menu music for Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity we have came up with a pretty solid piece. Gev (the composer of this theme) and I would like to know what you think of it. Please rate it by participating in the poll above.

Link:

Remember to subscribe to our official Warcraft IV channel for the most recent videos! :thup:

Happy holidays everyone!

The closed beta is rolling out soon and I'd like to make an instructions thread. The reason I'm releasing these instructions early is so that everyone can instantly hop into the beta without questioning how to start it up. Warcraft IV runs a little differently compared to Warcraft III : The Frozen Throne and has a few more features that are required. Here is the step by step process:

NOTE: READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THEM TO PREVENT ISSUES WITH THE BETA. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THEM, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO LOG IN OR PLAY WITH THE OTHER MEMBERS.

When the closed beta is ready to be tested and you are in the beta team the following will happen:

Either the "Warcraft IV" account will send you a private message with the download link to the Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity closed beta setup or I will personally send you an email if you have already provided me with yours. The setup will most likely be around forty to sixty megabytes in size. Download the setup to a safe place that you can easily remember and come back to. You will not need it at this stage.

Before you start the setup you need to make a copy of your Warcraft III directory and paste it where your original directory would be (mine, for example, is in Program Files). This is so you do not have to reinstall Warcraft III and The Frozen Throne after you have finished testing the game. The folder may take a while to copy over so try doing something that kills time. Making a sandwich is a great example.

Once the copy is completed rename the new folder into "Warcraft IV Closed Beta". Inside the Warcraft IV Closed Beta directory should be a "Maps" folder. Delete it.

(Skip this step if you already have Garena installed on your computer.)

Before we start the setup for the Warcraft IV Closed Beta we must install Garena which is provided with the download. Garena is the online-platform we will be testing the beta with. Simply run the Garena setup, create an account, and start it up. Leave it minimized until step 6.

Finally we can start the setup. You should have received your username and password for the beta already. If you have not just contact me via thehelper.net. The setup will ask you for the directory you want to install the program. Browse to the "Warcraft IV Closed Beta" folder and choose that as the directory. Read through the setups terms and conditions carefully. Don't worry if the setup stalls at around 50%. It IS responding it's just that the file installing at that part of the setup is huge. When the setup has been completed you should have a Warcraft IV shortcut on your desktop.

Maximize Garena and sign in with your Garena account. Always sign in on Garena Server 1. When you log in there should be several icons on the left of the interface. Scroll down until you find The Frozen Throne icon with "War3 TFT" underneath it. Click on it. A list of regions should pop up to the right of the icon. Click on Oceania then double click Australia Room. A chat room should pop up with four buttons near the bottom of the interface: "Clear" "Save Log" "Settings" and "Start Game". If this is your first time using Garena it should prompt you to find the executable for the game. If not go into Settings, click the Browse button underneath "Executable Settings" and do the following: Usually you would search for "The Frozen Throne.exe" in the Warcraft III folder, but instead you need to go into the "Warcraft IV Closed Beta" directory and select that Frozen Throne.exe. When you have changed the executable path press the "Start Game" button. Warcraft IV should start up with its new main menu theme and background.

The last step. Once you are in the Warcraft IV main menu, click on the Local Area Network button. I have a Bloom modification enabled for Warcraft IV so you need to press SHIFT + F12 to enable it. Near the top of the screen should be a box where your default name is displayed. Type in the username provided to you in the private message from thehelper.net. There may or may not be any games already up, but if there is make sure that the host is one of the members in the beta testing team or else you could end up crashing the program. If there are no games already up, start a new one and either wait for some people to join or verse some bots.

When you start a match it should prompt every player (except bots) to input their passwords for their accounts via the numpad. Do not tell anyone your password as it will be important to you when future updates come. When you have typed in your password press the Enter Code button on the right hand corner of the screen. Once every player has input their code the game will start. No one can play the game before every player inputs their password to verify that they are a true member of the beta testing team. This prevents the beta from being leaked and also leads to many great features that I will reveal to you later on. If all passwords have not been entered by two minutes, the match is aborted.

Finally, enjoy the beta! Remember that you must start the game through Garena or else it will not work properly.

If you have already received your invite into the beta and want to get prepared for when it comes out, just follow and initiate steps two, three, and four. The download link for Garena is here: Download.

If you have any questions please go ahead and post them here. Have a great festive holiday and I hope to see you on the battlefield soon!

~ Kingbdogz ~

We have some good news people. I have had a few conversations over the course of the week with Varine, and as the title suggests: we plan to become a corporate entity. Now exactly what does that mean? This means that in around 3-5 years we could have our own studio set up. As a corporate entity, we would create our OWN games instead of modifications like the one we are working on now. It is just a plan at the moment, and anything can happen, but the way I see it is that we have more chance becoming one than not. If you would like to support Eternal Designs, (or Eternal Studios, as we may be called) beta test our Warcraft IV: The Edge of Eternity modification as soon as possible, and when our first standalone game is released, buy it! It will most likely be an FPS or RTS, but either way if you buy the game we promise to create more epic, enticing games for our fans. Thank you for reading, and I hope I see you all in the next couple of years as the owner of a grand gaming studio that respects their fans.

~ Kingbdogz ~

Level 8
[K40$]-Spectre;1434491 said:
Those building models look really good, and your ~banner is cool also. Suggestion: try to let the website match colors with your ~banner (dark purple, gray etc.), I think that would look cooler.

The skin is currently a placeholder until I have enough money to buy a custom-made one. They can cost up to $200, but I might be able to get one next week. :)

Level 8
[K40$]-Spectre;1434538 said:
, wow that's professional. I think that you can also do the trick by c&p your banner colors into the skin for the site, but custom-made will look more unique of course.

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as 123. The software we are using for the site is quite complex and to edit or make a new skin requires very good knowledge of CSS, HTML, and PHP. I don't know about you, but I personally would rather buy a good looking professional skin than learn all those :p

Level 8
5 campaigns? Damn. How much progress have you actually made?

A lot. We've actually nearly finished work on the introduction to the closed beta. It is a 2 minute CGI clip, and it really looks awesome at the moment. As for the campaigns, we have no literal work done yet. This is because we are focusing on balancing the gameplay and fine-tuning 7 different races (5 playable, 2 campaign only). We have all the story and campaign written down though so we should fly through the campaigns once we have the gameplay, graphics, UI, etc completed.

Level 8
sick project ... can only wish you the best of luck!

Thank you. What I really need though are some modellers. At the moment we have none because our second leader went missing, and the other modeller is preoccupied with the CGI clip. We also really need an Artist and a Skinner. You don't have to be a professional! As long as they are polished designs I'm fine with anything really.

Level 22
Thank you. What I really need though are some modellers. At the moment we have none because our second leader went missing, and the other modeller is preoccupied with the CGI clip. We also really need an Artist and a Skinner. You don't have to be a professional! As long as they are polished designs I'm fine with anything really.

oh bad problem :/

as there are plenty of good artists and modelers around it shouldnt be a problem as you dont say they have to be proffesionall and I do get the campagins doesnt matter with the size of the custom textures ;)

but as I'm neither a modeler or an artist I cant help you at that point :(

Level 8
oh bad problem :/

as there are plenty of good artists and modelers around it shouldnt be a problem as you dont say they have to be proffesionall and I do get the campagins doesnt matter with the size of the custom textures ;)

but as I'm neither a modeler or an artist I cant help you at that point :(

Hey, no problem. If you wanna help just refer some people you know to this project, perhaps they can help :smile:

Level 17
A lot. We've actually nearly finished work on the introduction to the closed beta. It is a 2 minute CGI clip, and it really looks awesome at the moment. As for the campaigns, we have no literal work done yet. This is because we are focusing on balancing the gameplay and fine-tuning 7 different races (5 playable, 2 campaign only). We have all the story and campaign written down though so we should fly through the campaigns once we have the gameplay, graphics, UI, etc completed.
, o_O, 7 races? That's prettty insane. And 5 campaigns, wicked sick! How long will the average campaign be?

Level 8
[K40$]-Spectre;1434673 said:
, o_O, 7 races? That's prettty insane. And 5 campaigns, wicked sick! How long will the average campaign be?

It isn't as insane as it seems ^_^

I'm really only adding one race, because we have the Humans, Orcs, Undead, Night Elves, and Convent of the Blackened (Blackened for short). The two other races (Scarlet Crusade and Etern-Athyr) are campaign only and you can only play the Scarlet Crusade in one mission. Etern-Athyr is not playable.

Level 17
It isn't as insane as it seems ^_^

I'm really only adding one race, because we have the Humans, Orcs, Undead, Night Elves, and Convent of the Blackened (Blackened for short). The two other races (Scarlet Crusade and Etern-Athyr) are campaign only and you can only play the Scarlet Crusade in one mission. Etern-Athyr is not playable.
, my bad, I thought you meant 5 custom :)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Looks and sounds interesting, GL with the project (Try to finish faster than Wc3:HoS...)

Level 6
Eh... I think it'll be held up by me, the rest of the project has an actual team I believe.

Level 8
Mission names of the first three campaigns:

WARNING:

This post may contain potential spoilers regarding the campaign. If you wish to find out the names of the missions yourself when you play the game, then I highly recommend you do not look below.

Fate Forthcoming

Description: The first campaign, Fate Forthcoming, is based around the Undead Scourge. The Lich King, now Arthas and Ner’zhul, has had a conflict between the two within his mind for ten years. The Lich King ripped his own heart out within him and sealed it away to remove his humanity. However, within these 10 years the armies of the Scourge have remained static due to this conflict and the Death Knight wielding the corrupted Ashbringer, Darion Mograine, has risen high in the ranks of the Scourge. While Kel’Thuzad remains loyal to the Lich King, the Lich King sees great potential within Darion. When the decision is made to make war with the kingdoms of humanity, the Lich King chooses Darion to lead his armies. Kel’Thuzad, however, has his own agenda. Whatever the case may be, one thing is for sure: the fate of humanity is upon us.

Prologue - Prelude to Darkness

Interlude 1 - Northern Storms

Chapter 1 - Deathly Preparations

Chapter 2 - the Plaguelands

Chapter 3 - Dead Water

Chapter 4 - Unholy Desecration

Chapter 5 - Western Fronts

Chapter 6 - Dead On Arrival

Interlude 2 - the Shadow of Demise

Chapter 7 - the Fall of Kings

Chapter 8 - Dwarven Depths

Epilogue - Fate Forthcoming

Hordes of Darkness

Description: The second campaign, Hordes of Darkness, is the Horde campaign happening at the same time as the Scourge campaign. It begins with Orgrimmar in flames, and follows the mighty Orc Saurfang as he has his vengeance on the Dark Horde, led by Kilrogg Deadeye. Over the course of the campaign, you as a player discover what happened a year ago. The Horde has regrouped, but Saurfang has gone his own way. Only blood will come in his rage; his hunger for vengeance.

Prologue - In Flames

Chapter 1 - Carnage For Carnage

Chapter 2 - Blind Bloodlust

Chapter 3 - Rampage

Chapter 4 - In Chains

Chapter 5 - the Burning Depths

Interlude 1 - What Lies Within

Chapter 6 - Lok'tar Ogar

Chapter 7 - Dark Brethren

Interlude 2 - One Year

Chapter 8 - Chaotic at Heart

Chapter 9 - For Blood and Honor

Epilogue - Lords of Darkness

Secrets of the Titans

Description: Kel'Thuzad's quest is over, and he has found what he desires. The Humans are struggling to rise back to power, but all the while the Undead are pounding every fortress, city and town they have. The Alliance has become a nation of unity as the Dwarven and Gnomish races join to fight. Nearly every spell caster and being practiced in the arts of magic has been slaughtered, and as a result the Alliance is weaker than ever. There is hope, though: the Dwarvens speak of ancient ruins and tablets deep under the crust of Azeroth. These tablets seem to contain magical secrets of the past, the ones of past wars and the Titans. An adventurous Dwarf named Morn is sent on a mission to retrieve these tablets, and as he searches for them, he discovers a dark and ancient foretelling; A foretelling that has always doomed Azeroth into its clutches...

Prologue - the World, Black With Smoke

Chapter 1 - This Place is Hell

Chapter 2 - Death Prophetic

Chapter 3 - Sniper's Woe

Chapter 4 - Everything Has a Weakness

Chapter 5 - No Mercy

Interlude 1 - Grim Batol

Chapter 6 - Where Death Sleeps

Chapter 7 - On His Own

Interlude 2 - Amethyst Nightmare

Chapter 8 - Ancient Hatred

Chapter 9 - the Demifate

Epilogue - Ebon Gods

I will post the rest of the mission names in the future, but for now: Discuss!

Level 8
Scarlet Crusade War Mosque? I feel offended. The name's should be Chapel or Temple.
Also, it should be "Hailstorm" or "Hail Storm", not "Hale Storm"

Yes, Chapel is the most unique name in the world. I may as well name every Scarlet Crusade building the same, just because they relate to temples! (sarcasm)

Seriously though, the names aren't final. War Mosque is a temporary name, and if we feel it should be changed then we will. There is no rush.

Thanks for the tip, I'll change the error now.

Level 16
I'm saying this because Mosque is where does Moslem prays. Church fits more to the Scarlet Crusade (Although not necessary). It's up to you but the War Mosque is goddamn different than a normal mosque (A Cross? On a Mosque?).

Level 23
Also, as I understand Scarlets will be unplayable race of the first camapign?

I just love your ideas about the human campaign! I hope they will find a new titan facility.

Hm, the name of one of the last missions of undead campaign intrigues me...

Level 8
Also, as I understand Scarlets will be unplayable race of the first camapign?

I just love your ideas about the human campaign! I hope they will find a new titan facility.

Hm, the name of one of the last missions of undead campaign intrigues me...

In the Undead prologue you play as the Scarlet Crusade, but the rest of the missions you play as Undead/Convent of the Blackened (this has to do with Darion, as he is under the influence of Teron Gorefiend which leads to the creation of the Convent.) I think everyone will enjoy the Human campaign, but you'll be blown away by the fifth. Also, which mission? :p

Level 23
Dwarf Campaign. In my opinion it is the best campaign I ever played and it was made in 2004!
Also then the fourth campaign will be Forsaken? Dont know how will they(or the night elves)fit after the Old Gods.
In my opinion Forsaken are basically too similar to the Scourge. If I were you I would make some sort of Old God minions race like faceless ones.

Level 8
Dwarf Campaign. In my opinion it is the best campaign I ever played and it was made in 2004!
Also then the fourth campaign will be Forsaken? Dont know how will they(or the night elves)fit after the Old Gods.
In my opinion Forsaken are basically too similar to the Scourge. If I were you I would make some sort of Old God minions race like faceless ones.

I'll check that campaign when I can, looks pretty cool from the map overviews :D

Where did you get the Forsaken from? The Convent of the Blackened is the basis of the fourth campaign, and probably has the most epic battles. I'll try clear up the campaigns a little bit:

Races Campaigns:

Scourge:
Fate Forthcoming

Description
The first campaign will have a lot of battles which involve destroying large towns, cities, and castles. You pretty much destroy the whole Alliance in this campaign.

Horde:
Hordes of Darkness

Description
The second campaign is very dark and gory. You see a lot of slaughtering among the Orcs own tribes.

Alliance:
Secrets of the Titans

Description
The third campaign features a lot of adventures. You travel into many caves and dungeons, and even large ruined fortresses. You will love the sights and terrain in this one.

The Convent of the Blackened:
The Awakening

Description
The fourth campaign will have the best battles, I cannot tell you why but trust me, you will see a large some of armies.

Night Elves:
Shards of Hope

Description
The fifth campaign is a little more RPG like, but it definitely brings a suitably epic ending. There will be a lot of "Shock" moments in this, and will be by far the best campaign in the whole modification.

Epilogue:
The New Age

Description
This just clears up most of the story. There will be a narrator in the background and the majority of the campaign is RPG based.

Hope that helps.

Level 23
I may be completely wrong, but the night elves might run from Azeroth to Outland as well as some other mortals, to be safe from the Convene of the Blackened and Old Gods.
Another variant may be that titans or something related to them will recreate Draenor.

Level 8
I may be completely wrong, but the night elves might run from Azeroth to Outland as well as some other mortals, to be safe from the Convene of the Blackened and Old Gods.
Another variant may be that titans or something related to them will recreate Draenor.

Convent* not Convene. You may be on to something there, but I'm not going to say anything :)

Level 8
Hey guys. The actual main menu isn't completed yet but I would like to show you a preview. While I did make it in Photoshop, it gives you a basic idea of how I want the main menu to look like. What I want from everyone is suggestions, and if possible tell me what you think of the current plan. (NOTE: That picture just shows what the very first frame of what the menu will look like. The camera actually zooms in closer to Azeroth)

menupreview.jpg

The background is a placeholder as we will actually have an animated background. The planet is supposed to be Azeroth. As you can see there is a login section now. Basically, in Warcraft IV you have to login to your profile with a password. There are a few reasons for this. When you play online you gain special "Victory Points". Every time you win a match you gain four of these Victory Points and with them you can buy special skins for your army. This is similar to the army painters from Dawn of War, except that there are only default skins. You can't actually customize them like the army painter. These points are allocated to your profile so if you share the computer you don't have to worry about your brothers, sisters, or whoever using your points. You can donate these points to other accounts online as well. You may be thinking: "Why add a login offline?". This is so you can gain your special unit/hero skins in single player as well. There may be more features later on but this is the only one we will incorporate when it is released.

Anyway, enjoy this preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.