• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Reforged Metacritic (Yikes..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Imagine taking a remaster everyone was universally excited for and finding a way to make it the most hated game ever made, as well as totally ruining a much better game it was based on.

Level 18
aahhaa another Critic review came out and they gave it 70

"Warcraft 3 is such a powerful experience that simply outshines the many flaws of the Reforged operation. Some people wanted a complete remake, others called for #nochanges, and in the end we got the simplest remaster. But it still remains the remastered version of a masterpiece."
How the fuck does a game have "many flaws" and still gets a 70? The review can be summed up as "Warcraft 3 is a good game, therefore this inferior version is also a good game."

Level 8
WARNING: FOLLOWING TEXT MAY TRIGGER YOU

SO, Jeuxvideo.com just gave it 80 in critic reviews:

"Excellence demands excellence and Blizzard could have honored its great heritage in a better way. It remains one of the cornerstones of the strategy market, as well as an exceptional experience for any self-respecting video game lover."

Level 8
Miracle happened, TWO critic reviews gave it NEGATIVE score!

3DJuegos gave it
"An amazing RTS that deserved a better remaster. Warcraft III is still great, even moreso with the new graphics, but Reforged is a major disappointment because of the lack of polish, broken promises and missing social and multiplayer features."

DualShockers gave it also 45
"This wet fart of a release that Activision-Blizzard gave us feels like they’re stepping on my childhood and then spitting in its eye even as the teacher is pulling it off me."

I still think it is still too high but
whatever I guess blizzard made cuts everywhere except bribes :)

Last edited:
Level 8
You are right, when you click on dat link of review you can see why:

"It’s just so disappointing. In so many ways, Blizzard was my childhood. Between Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, and World of Warcraft, I’ve poured countless hours into the worlds that the studio created. Thrall doesn’t desire this. Jaina doesn’t deserve this. Not even that heartless bastard Arthas doesn’t deserve this."

But I did not came back to this thread just to tell you are right.
I would like inform everybody that Metascore from critics dropped to 59, which (for relase from big and estabilished company like blizzard) basically means big fat 0

Status
Not open for further replies.