• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft : Orcs

As the name says, this is a pure remake of what the glorious Warcraft: Orcs & Humans used to be and is. For all of those who would like to play back Wc1 with the style, the graphic and the interface of Wc3.

Features:
- Dual Single Player campaign: Play as Orcs or Humans and unveil their respective plots in 12 missions of real old Warcraft atmosphere.
- Old original warcraft music brought back and plaid stage by stage as the original soundtrack order was set.
- Old spells recreated. From the Necrolytes' "Unholy Armor" to the knee-dropping Warlocks' "Cloud of Poison".
- Accurate remake of the old levels' geography. Every single corner of all maps has been pasted to the wc3 engine!
- Artificial Intelligence perfectly re-created comparing the old ones. You'll incredibly feel exactly like playing against the original AI!
- All old units recreated. Raiders, "imba" catapults, Spearmen, summoned units and more!!
- Every units' stats same as how they were in the old game: from the "Crystal-fragility" of the Skeletons to the "Tank-resistance" of the Daemons.
- Intro briefings displayed as in-mission cinematics that will display a brief preview of your forces and some of the enemy.
- New plot explanations. Indoor stages have the addition of a longer intro-briefing displaying interesting(non-canon) chat between characters. Also, hit the "mission objective" button in each mission to read more curiosities about the storyline.

ok ladies and gentlemen, i'm happy to announce, after almost 6 years from the release, the big
UPDATE

CHANGE LOG

GENERAL:

- Both campaigns now lighter: 88,7 MB together against the previous ones' 120+ MB
- Fixed the campaign buttons not showing after completing each mission WITHOUT CHEATS! Thanks and sorry to all the (honest)players who reported.
- Fixed a bug that caused Summon Spiders/Scorpions to Summon Daemons/Elementals instead
- Fixed a bug which didn't let the player win and move to the ending after completing the last map in both campaigns.
- Fixed the AI Raise Dead spell, now working.

GAMEPLAY:

- Units selection limit(4) restored to normal(12), by popular demand.
- Just like in the original wc1, a voice will inform the player about enemies approaching the base
- Walls now buildable from the Town Hall; system created by Mechanical Man.
- Fixed(by Mechanical Man) a bug which "teleported underground" a worker unit when denied to build too far from the base.
- Revised and changed ALL UNITS' hit-points, armor and damage(original wc1 stats data and game mechanic studied and deeply explained by Clownboss here This game is so old it's not funny. - Warcraft: Orcs & Humans Message Board for PC - Page 2 - GameFAQs)
Now, because wc3 can't really handle the system explained in the link, i had to change stats repeatedly, test and tweak around. You'll see units with incredibly high gap of difference in armor, but still loyal to the old game. Also, because of the fact(as you can read in the link above) that every wc1 unit had a 20% chance of missing their target, i had to give every unit a 20% evasion ability called "Fortitude".

AESTHETIC:

- Swapped the "swampy" maps tileset from Lordaeron Fall to Dalaran Ruins.
- With the exception of buildings, the whole game interface is now entirely customized with Wc1 icons(units, unit commands, spells, etc), created by myself.
- All intro and outro cinematics adjusted and improved.
- All briefing cinematics are now voiced by Bill Roper sounds(as in the CD version of wc1)
- Removed Ferris/Trespus and Zeke/Shivat from briefings and replaced with nameless Grunt/Paladin
- Forced both humans and orcs victory screens to their RoC versions.
- Revised and corrected ALL tooltips and extra dialogues in the game.
- New(and much much lighter) loading screens for every mission, created by me using artworks by Samwise from the wc1 manual, plus few others.
- New loading screens for all intros/endings and for campaigns' main screen.
- New models for:
Humans:
Archer(kitabatake), Knight(loktar), Catapult(AndrewOverload519), Conjurer(loktar), Cleric(retextured from DoC by loktar), Barracks(retextured from DoC by loktar), Mill(retextured from DoC by loktar), Stable(Mike), Blacksmith(retextured from DoC by loktar), Church(Ket), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Orcs:
Spearman(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Necrolyte(by kam), Warlock(Loktar), Blacksmith(REDXIII), Temple(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Barracks(retextured from DoC by Loktar), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Neutrals & Others:
Fire Elemental(Alfredx_sotn), Skeleton(HerrDave), LogBridge(Mephestrial), Bandit Crossbowman(Wandering Soul), plus another model from Deolrin which i'm not telling because.....spoilers. ;)

Now I guess it's time for the most important part, the main event, the new

HARD MODE

Every map in the game now has a Dialogue Box system(created by 3ICE) that allows you to choose between NORMAL and HARD mode.
WHAT DOES THE HARD MODE DO:
The hard mode drastically modifies the whole game.
All missions have transitions between day and night.
When playing as humans, orcs will strike with more aggressiveness during the night, while the opposite happens when playing as orcs.
Don't relax even when playing the first missions, as the Hard mode will render them more difficult(and interesting) to play!
Completing a map in Hard Mode will unlock the Hard Mode level for the next one.
In addition(finally we're here), the Hard mode will unlock new BONUS OBJECTIVES in each map. Completing a bonus objective will unlock a new ability for a specific unit which will carry-over the rest of the campaign(only in Hard Mode). Completing ALL of the Bonus Objectives will unlock a special objective in the last map(Blackrock Spire/Stormwind Keep), which, if accomplished, will unlock a secret intro which will lead to 2 bonus maps(for each campaign) and a bonus finale at their completion.
The bonus maps are sub-plot missions following the aftermath of the first war for both Lothar and Garona.

Project is now on
PATCH v2.8

Ver2.8 CHANGE LOG:

- Under permission of @loktar , i'm using his Wc1 models to enrich the remake. Unfortunately not all of the models have been remade yet. The missing ones are the Kennel and the orc Blacksmith.
The renewed models include all human and orc structures, Grunts, Raiders, Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Necrolytes(+attack and Dark Vision effect), Clerics' Holy Lance attacks effect, Conjurers, Scorpions and more.
- To celebrate the 10 years of this project, both Orcs & Humans secret campaigns will be unlocked from the beginning!
- New Hint messages will be displayed during Orc secret map 1 for the player to better understand how to exploit the "allegiance" mechanic, and to quickly acknowledge Garona's new abilities. Same will go for Lothar's secret map 1.
- Conjurer's Comet Strike attack effect has been changed into "howl", so any enemy unit struck will suffer a brief penalty to their attack damage. This ability may work or may not, but as before, who's relying on Conjurer for base defense or attack, anyway?
- Clerics/Necrolytes attack range reduced from 200 to 150, but upgrade from Bonus Objective will now increase their range by +150 instead of +100.
- AI attack waves in most maps were too short in Hard mode and too long in Normal mode. A rebalancement has been made.
- Human secret map 1 will also go through some changes:
First off, autocast function for Cleric Healing spell has been disabled here. Now, as in the previous version of the map, the player is forced to manage his gold on a limited amount of upgrades. In v2.8, this management will carry over to the next map. Furthermore, if you manage to let the Conjurer survive the first map, he will come with you in the second map. Also, if you decided to research the Rain of Fire for him in the previous map, the research will carry over to the next map as well. Any research that has NOT been made in the first map will NOT be available in the second map.
- Fire & Water Elementals, Spiders & Scorpions will now have all Chaos attacks(only get a 1.20 damage ratio over Large Armor type).
- Reworked bonus objective dynamic for human map 9: now losing Catapults or Scorpions to enemy Catapult attacks will not cause the secret objective to fail.
- Fixed some cinematic issues
- Several building sizes and ground textures reworked, in order to accomodate new models.
- Catapults damage has been reworked: now the Catapult will inflict its full damage on direct hit, while 60% of damage will spill in the surrounding area, in a cluster radius of 9 units like warcraft 1 & 2.
In this way only the heaviest units(such as Knights/Raiders, tier 2 summons and other Catapults) will survive the splash damage. This should also prevent Knights/Raiders from getting killed by a quick-lob glitch caused by Catapults firing right at the edge of their minimum attack range.
A mention has to be made towards the damage mitigation system in Warcraft 3, which works on percentage absorption rather than nullifying single numerical units. A Knight/Raider in this remake has a standard defence of 15, which absorbs 47% of damage. This percentage goes up by 4 for each of the two Shields upgrades, so you can guess how it further goes to inflict towards Catapult damage.
- Switched Lothar's Shield Bash ability with Shockwave: deals 50 damage over a straight line at the cost of 50 mana(like "Roar") with 10 seconds cooldown. This should also prove useful in the Human secret map 2, as the Shield Bash was only useful to snipe enemy Catapults, plus with the risk of Lothar getting stuck between obstacles due to a bug from the spell system.
- Added Donations Button down below so if you feel superkind, and think this guy here has well-spent over 10 years in creating and perfecting this remake for you to play for free, any donation would be super appreciated! :) ^^

PATCH v2.6

Ver2.6 CHANGE LOG:

- Archers on map 5 slightly moved aside the middle of the right bridge to prevent a very little(yet possible) chance for AI units from getting stuck there while attacking in a big balled-up fashion.
- Trees on southeastern corner of map 11 slightly moved to prevent AI units from getting stuck underneath while attacking.
- Timer for Hard mode on map 10 increased from 5 to 8 minutes.
- Timer for Hard mode bonus objective on map 12 increased from 5 to 6 minutes.
- Rain of fire/cloud of poison: Damage of each wave reduced from 18 to 13, decreased number of waves from 4 to 3, decreased building resistance to the spell from 25% to 0%, increased mana cost from 28 to 30.
- Water Elemental attack type changed from Piercing to Magic, as a bypass for the Footmen Defense ability.
- Upkeep removed
- Damage of Chaos/Magic attack type decreased from 1.30 to 1.20 on heavy armors.

PATCH v2.4

Ver2.4 CHANGE LOG:

- Clerics cooldown attack speed increased from 0.30 to 0.35
- Necrolytes cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.30 to 0.25
- Warlocks cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.70
- Conjurers cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.65
- Fixed a bug that prevented losing a bonus quest in human mission 9
- Conjurers' "Comet Strike" ability should now work normally
- Fixed building refund that was giving +25 wood everytime a Tower was placed beyond limit(both campaigns)

PATCH v2.2

Ver2.2 CHANGE LOG:

- Archer/Spearman cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.85 to 0.75
- Archer/Spearman projectile's speed increased from 2400 to 3000
- Water Elementals cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.90 to 0.75
- Water Elementals projectile's speed increased from 1400 to 2000
- Daemon cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Skeleton(both types) cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- All Cavalry and infantry melee units(spellcasters excluded) cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.60 to 0.50
- Scorpion and Spider cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Slime cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Ogre cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Fire Elemental cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.70 to 0.65
- Adjusted enemy summonings on level medium in advanced/final missions
- Enemy units training in missions 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 and 12 delayed and slowed down in both medium and hard modes
- Forced Catapult periodic training for AI in map 6 and 9 to accomodate Hard Mode Bonus achievement
- Fixed enemy casters waypoints in map 11
- Footmen Deflect ability set back to deflect projectiles(was disabled).
- Conjurers' Comet Strike ability has now "Storm Hammers" effects.
- Fixed Comet Strike ability that appeared as researched in some missions in Normal mode.
- Adjusted Ogres to the left side in the second part of mission 4.
- Corrected Armor Upgrade tooltip.
- Adjusted log-bridges height in swampy maps

TO PLAYERS

- Hard mode and Bonus objectives have been tested. They are working 100% and are accomplishable even without cheats; so thanks in advance to all players who will play this remake as it should be.
- Bonus objectives are easier(most of them are possibile only) if you have achieved bonus goals in previous missions, so that the abilities you carry-over may save the day.
- Please notify me of ANY bugs, and i will fix them straight away.
- DO NOT attempt to sell, distribute or whatever idea comes in your mind about this remake(expecially claiming it your own)!!!!!!
- Enjoy FOR FREE my 8 years-long work!
- PLEASE SHARE THE TRAILER!!

Remember: this project took me 8 years. My very first goal was to play it myself, then as it started to take shape I also figured I could gladly share it with the Warcraft 3 community to show them all my passion for the classic games! So, if you want to be super generous and kind, please donate. ;)
Very much appreciated! ^^

Keywords:
warcraft orcs humans remake campaign update enhanced
Contents

Warcraft : Orcs (Campaign)

Reviews
17:59, 2nd Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 12
64 mb... Well, for a total of 24 missions though, right?

May i ask how long it took to make this?

Also, i haven't played warcraft 1. Is it normal that the last chapter's name make it seem like the Horde eventually wins no matter who you're playing?

Level 20
sorry but this is only the ORC CAMPAIGN(lol).
I'm currently uploading the Human one, which will be 57 mb.
Previous size was about 47 each. It rises with the adding of loading screens.

what's featured HERE:

You're playing(virtually) as Orgrim Doomhammer, one of Blackhand's chieftains and commanders of the orcish army. From the daily routine-tasks(& tests) you will be soon put to the front against the most cunning and brilliant tactician of the kingdom of Azeroth. However, you will then discover that you are not a simple commander and strategist. Between a direct insurrection and a strange new force that seizes the Northshire's Abbey, the final prize awaits: the destruction of Stormwind keep!

EDIT: forgot to add in the main post: this project took 3 years of work.
credits for the developer(s):

Terraining: LordPerenoldeII
Map geography: LordPerenoldeII
Global stats & spells editing: LordPerenoldeII
AI editing: LordPerenoldeII
AI testing: LordPerenoldeII
Music format conversion: LordPerenoldeII
Sound ripping: LordPerenoldeII
Cinematics: LordPerenoldeII
Public relations: LordPerenoldeII
First Beta-tests: LordPerenoldeII

Level 9
One thing that really affects playablity is the fact that units automatically unselect sometimes. I was at the 2nd campaign and this one footman attacked my base. I had 10 grunts/spearmen but as soon as i select them, they deselect =(

Other than this bug, it's a great campaign!

Level 20
One thing that really affects playablity is the fact that units automatically unselect sometimes. I was at the 2nd campaign and this one footman attacked my base. I had 10 grunts/spearmen but as soon as i select them, they deselect =(

Other than this bug, it's a great campaign!

Sorry, heck, i forgot to explain this one! :D

YOU CAN ONLY SELECT 4 UNITS AT ONCE, JUST LIKE THE ORGINAL WARCRAFT 1!

The reason is that AI strikes are(and were) at a maximum of 4 units per wave(magicians excluded), and you would be too overpowered commanding a 12 units group when you attack or defend, so here you are. ANYWAY, you can still give number to groups, and that's still overpowers you(expecially in the 4th human mission). More to come! I'm currently uploading the human campaign. Thanks for your early comments(and downloads!!!)!! I'll be in touch. Feel free to say ANYTHING you guys wish. ;)

Level 13
Looks nice , will test it :)

lulz :p

Level 12
sorry but this is only the ORC CAMPAIGN(lol).
I'm currently uploading the Human one, which will be 57 mb.
Previous size was about 47 each. It rises with the adding of loading screens.

[...]

EDIT: forgot to add in the main post: this project took 3 years of work.
credits for the developer(s):

Damn, now That's real dedication. Nice to see it still exists.

Hmml so we can say "ANYTHING" we want right? Then what about instead of one line per role, you just wrote "Absolutely All the work: LordPerenoldeII" :p ?

Level 20
Damn, now That's real dedication. Nice to see it still exists.

Hmml so we can say "ANYTHING" we want right? Then what about instead of one line per role, you just wrote "Absolutely All the work: LordPerenoldeII" :p ?

ASD, it was clearly a funny thing i wanted to put now(because is not in the credit ending movie ;) ), and i saw it by one of my friends that wrote at the end of it: IN A FEW WORDS: THE OTHER ONES DIDN'T DO A SHIT AT ALL! lol but i've been simple this time. ^^

Level 16
The choosen ones has like 100+ mb.
No shit Sherlock?. :) If this is good as chosen ones, ill be more than happy to dl it, but compare 'chosen ones' description with this ones..and you'll see why im not dling a 64mb map ;)
LordPerenoldeII said:
I'm very sorry for everyone but i found a BBB(a Big-Bad-Bug) :((( you got the camp already, so you'll notice it by yourself. :( I repeat i'm very sorry. I'm already on my way to fix it.

Im glad i didn't download it yet then!, fix the bug. Also I'd like to see somescreenshots, a better description i guess, and some PROOF that this campaign is great, cos in no other way im downloading it..

Level 20
Im glad i didn't download it yet then!, fix the bug. Also I'd like to see somescreenshots, a better description i guess, and some PROOF that this campaign is great, cos in no other way im downloading it..

It ain't immediate: you'll see it only towards the final missions of the game(i'm glad there isn't in the hum camp).

EDIT: i spotted it, i'm almost there. :)

Level 20
Good work 3/5
But I think that It needs more dedication.
Human Archers are Crossbowmen, there isn't a road system...
Keep working ^^

P.S: In Warcraft 1 you can only select one unit, not four ¬¬

There isn't road systems but you can't build too far from your starting point. It is a fact related to the AI.
In wc1 there are crossbowmen, but they're still called "Archers".
I wc1 you can select 4 units max. Just keep ctrl pushed and drag the mouse. Do i have to teach anybody else how to play? LOL

Level 2
great campaign :) I really loved wc1 and it brings some of the feelings back

Perhaps you could synchronise the briefings, but for now I hadn't found any major bugs

Level 4
Well I just beat it, it's pretty much 100% accurate with units/maps and such, however it seems a little harder then WC1 was XP

Only problem I had with the game was on Chapter 4 (one of my favorites from WC1), it's really difficult, especially since Ogres dont leave corpses behind to be raised by the Necro's... I just barely finished the level, only had 1 spearman and 1 Necro left, might want to tone it down just a bit (those 12 or so Slimes with Chao's damage attacks were murder, lost all my riders and 2 grunts in that fight)

As for bugs, well I just beat Chapter 12, it said I completed it... but so far nothing has happened... the level is still going on, It said I've completed the Main Objective (to destroy Stormwind and all Humans) but it wont end >.<;

Maps: 4/5 (very plain looking maps, but true to the original WC1)
Storyline: 5/5 (Original WC storyline, which I loved)
Difficulty: 3/5
Overall: 4/5

Level 20
Well I just beat it, it's pretty much 100% accurate with units/maps and such, however it seems a little harder then WC1 was XP

Only problem I had with the game was on Chapter 4 (one of my favorites from WC1), it's really difficult, especially since Ogres dont leave corpses behind to be raised by the Necro's... I just barely finished the level, only had 1 spearman and 1 Necro left, might want to tone it down just a bit (those 12 or so Slimes with Chao's damage attacks were murder, lost all my riders and 2 grunts in that fight)

As for bugs, well I just beat Chapter 12, it said I completed it... but so far nothing has happened... the level is still going on, It said I've completed the Main Objective (to destroy Stormwind and all Humans) but it wont end >.<;

Maps: 4/5 (very plain looking maps, but true to the original WC1)
Storyline: 5/5 (Original WC storyline, which I loved)
Difficulty: 3/5
Overall: 4/5

Hey thank you for the review :D i know that bug at the end but i couldn't do really anything to fix it, and it wasn't the bug i was talking about(can't fix this neither!).
Triggers are alright there, but the map won't move on to the credits.

Level 4
Loved the campaign and I thank you for making it (I've always wanted to, but never could get it right =P), cant wait to start on the Human Campaign (which I'm doing now XP)

Well I eventually just used the "allyourbasearebelongtous" cheat and finished the level, I liked the ending scene btw, gotta love dozen's of orcs dancing around bonfires =P

Level 20
Well I eventually just used the "allyourbasearebelongtous" cheat and finished the level, I liked the ending scene btw,

yeah, that's a canon by now. :/

gotta love dozen's of orcs dancing around bonfires =P

sweet, isn't it? ^^ and try to wonder what it took to make them dance like that!! :|

Anyway, i'm working the hard way to solve the bug i was talking about that NO ONE SEEMS TO NOTICE :D hehee that's better. Better like this. At least there's no other bug rather than some camera glitch or sudden very rare crash after the first introduction or the ending.
Before releasing the new version i'll have to solve the bug that prevents credits stage from popping out. That's really hard thing. :/

Level 5
dude this is incredable, Thanks for bring back some memorys. i thought wc1 was dead and gone thanks for changing that :) 5.1/5. im guessing in another 3 years wc2 remake? ;)

Level 12

Too many people worked on this :(

Last edited:
Level 20
I have the some problem, after the intro the screen goes back to the main menu and I can't start the first mission, no matter what I do. The problem is identical in both the human and ork campaing

but you can still select the first mission's button, right? Every mission starts automatically after the previous, with the exception of the first one after the intro.

Level 3
I can click on the icon, the screen turn black for a short sec and then it kicks me back to the main screen. I tried a couple of times, I don't what's wrong, it's a pity since it looks promising according to the feedbacks

Level 20
That limit doesnt apply for single-player imho.

Instead it does ;) check it out!

Please donwload and play because the bugs are unfixable("something" must be unexplainably corrupted) but they do not affect the gameplay in any way. There are three bugs totally: one is the fact that everyone knows: credits won't unlock after winning each final mission, although i checked various times and the triggers are ok. Second, in the human camp the AI won't raise dead, and i tried to use one of those necros and the ability will stuck forever, blocking also the casting necro without moving. Never seen, but it really won't get fixed. It is something related to the whole ability-tree. As for the final bug(that BBB i was talking about)....i cannot tell ya :p but take it easy, it isn't part of the gameplay(resource, building time, stat, etc.) nor of the ai. Just play and have fun. If you discover it, report it so i'll tell if is right. ^^ hf everyone!

Level 3
We found the problem in the other thread. Update to the v1.24 or latest and you're done. All maps crash because of the oversize-limit, which extends from 4 to 8 mb from the v1.24 on.

Thanks for finding it out, but I didn't read good reports about the 1.24 patch. It seems that a lot of olds maps and campaigns don't work anymore if you install it... I'd love to play your campaign, though not your campaign only :cool:

Level 7
About my problem...

Well forget about what I "said" after I installed the latest patch everything went as it should be! Thank you for making this campaigns!:grin:
:thumbs_up:

Level 7
that's wrong

I have to report something - the spearman and the archers are different in the original warcraft 1 game ---> the spearman had a bit smaller range but a bit greater damage than the archers. And also while I was in the Editor why are there on every map (neutral)heroes in the corners like spectators? And also the 2-nd cave map of the humans --> The Warlock there is Medivh and also the demon and the last fire elemental are not in their right places, they have to be inside in the hall in front of the warlock where the last skeleton now stands. And one more thing there is something you missed (may be) There is a door missing to enter the big hall in front of the warlock! Just see the file below and you'll understand what I mean! Otherwise I had the same idea of doing the campaigns of WC1 but I'm a beginner with the Editor and I've only began the first two maps - you are much much better keep on with the good work!

Attachments

• The things.jpg
    The things.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 481