• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans REMAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
This is a project i started to work 5 years ago. It took about 3 years to be complete and it's hence ready by 2 years. I got personal problems that kept me away from sharing it but here i am at last.

As the name says, this is a pure remake of what the glorious Warcraft: Orcs & Humans used to be and is. For all of those who would like to play back Wc1 with the style, the graphic and the interface of Wc3.

Download here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warcraft-humans-157714/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warcraft-orcs-157703/

Features:
- Dual Single Player campaign: Play as Orcs or Humans and unveil their respective plots in 12 missions of real old Warcraft atmosphere.
- Old original warcraft music brought back and plaid stage by stage as the original soundtrack order was set.
- Old spells recreated. From the Necrolytes' "Unholy Armor" to the knee-dropping Warlocks' "Cloud of Poison".
- Accurate remake of the old levels' geography. Every single corner of all maps has been pasted to the wc3 engine!
- Artificial Intelligence perfectly re-created comparing the old ones. You'll incredibly feel exactly like playing against the original AI!
- All old units recreated. Raiders, "imba" catapults, Spearmen, summoned units and more!!
- Every units' stats same as how they were in the old game: from the "Crystal-fragility" of the Skeletons to the "Tank-resistance" of the Daemons.
- Intro briefings displayed as in-mission cinematics that will display a brief preview of your forces and some of the enemy.
- New plot explanations. Indoor stages have the addition of a longer intro-briefing displaying interesting(non-canon) chat between characters. Also, hit the "mission objective" button in each mission to read more curiosities about the storyline.

.....and more.

Thanks to ALL of the authors from whom i took models by:
MC!
Olofoleman
Callahan
Darklord_Avalon
Mechanical Man
Dan Van Ohllus
Alreadyused
Urkdrengi
Phoenix-IV
GreyArchon
Syroco
General Frank
low_kwaliti
Happy Tauren
ChevronSeven
BlackrockClan
Blizzard Entertainment
evilwart-dragon
WD40bomber7

.....plus other authors whom i miss the name(their models aren't no more found anywhere :( )

Whenever there's something new to add in the project(you can also co-operate with suggestions alongside you feedbacks), the campaigns will be updated every monday.

Here are some in-game screenshots next to their relative comparisons with the original game:

Warcraft_6.png

warcraft-pc-game-dos-dosbox-1.JPG

And to the bottom you can see more screenshots of a general view:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 13,817
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 24,310
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 30,898
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 10,270
  • Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 13,583
Last edited:
Level 20
You need a road system like wc1's.

To be honest, i never managed to accomplish that. However, there's a trigger that does not allow you to build too far from your "starting point", that mostly is your town hall. Town hall building buttons pops up when the structure get destroyed, as the old wc1 system did, but the "starting point" will stay where the town hall was. In other words, you can't build another town hall anywhere on the map by destroying yours first, since the starting point will stay always there.

Level 20
[K40$]-Spectre;1434362 said:
Sweet idea, atm I think it lacks good terrain and the dark atmosphere (bloodthirsty orcs, fierce looking humans). Good luck with it, if you need feedback, you can ask me.

what do you mean by "fierce"? And what do you mean by "bloodthirsty"?

P.S. since the download link heads up into A.C. section, i ask gently to the staff if they may take here those files since i can no more do it.

Level 17
what do you mean by "fierce"? And what do you mean by "bloodthirsty"?

P.S. since the download link heads up into A.C. section, i ask gently to the staff if they may take here those files since i can no more do it.
, in warcraft 1, in potraits of human units, the units look angry/serious and fierce http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots/original/2008/12/Special_Warcraft_1_Warcraft_Orcs_and_Humans_1994.jpg and here a human peasant http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s4yaF0W2Dis/SOW_LbIf6dI/AAAAAAAAIHw/odSLRHDv_0Q/s400/warcraft-pc-game-dos-dosbox-1.JPG who looks pissed off. The orcs in Wcr1 had blood coming out of there eyes. Now warcraft 3: peasant http://classic.battle.net/war3/human/units/peasant.shtml.

Level 20
[K40$]-Spectre;1434500 said:
, in warcraft 1, in potraits of human units, the units look angry/serious and fierce http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots/original/2008/12/Special_Warcraft_1_Warcraft_Orcs_and_Humans_1994.jpg and here a human peasant http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s4yaF0W2Dis/SOW_LbIf6dI/AAAAAAAAIHw/odSLRHDv_0Q/s400/warcraft-pc-game-dos-dosbox-1.JPG who looks pissed off. The orcs in Wcr1 had blood coming out of there eyes. Now warcraft 3: peasant http://classic.battle.net/war3/human/units/peasant.shtml.

I know that but what you want from me? This is Wc3 interface, not wc1 ones. And besides, christmas was last month, not this one. I'm not a model/skin editor/maker. Every person i gave this proj before(by spamming on youtube) didn't complain about anything. They knew what was wc1, they knew what they would have plaid.

@ Linaze: If you know a way to build roads BY the Town hall, be my guest and show me how to.

@ Spectre: If you know where i can find those "fierce-looking" portraits, show me. If you don't fence up your village in time on advanced missions, when group of Raiders/Grunts will overwhelm you, you'll shall then call them "bloodthirsty"!

I can understand the terrain matter, but for the rest you guys seem a bit pretentious from my point of view. A bit of respect for who worked on a project ALONE for 3 years. Please.

Level 2
It's not all i've got to show. Be it clear. ;) The complete version is hundred times funnier, i can tell you.

Funnier, or "funner"? Which, actually now that I think about it, isn't a real word...:slp:

Because funny Warcraft I doesn't really make much sense... I'm assuming you mean more fun :grin:

Anyway, when are you posting the full versions of the WCI campaigns?

Level 17
I know that but what you want from me? This is Wc3 interface, not wc1 ones. And besides, christmas was last month, not this one. I'm not a model/skin editor/maker. Every person i gave this proj before(by spamming on youtube) didn't complain about anything. They knew what was wc1, they knew what they would have plaid.
, I don't want anything of you, I only gave you a tip of how you can recreate warcraft 1's atmosphere better.

@ Spectre: If you know where i can find those "fierce-looking" portraits, show me. If you don't fence up your village in time on advanced missions, when group of Raiders/Grunts will overwhelm you, you'll shall then call them "bloodthirsty"!
, than I just type: "Whoseyourdaddy", and yeah victory ;D! But now to go ontopic again, if you want some bloodthristy orc models, I can link you some if you want. Offtopic; do you know what the definition of "fierce" is?

Level 20
[K40$]-Spectre;1435489 said:
do you know what the definition of "fierce" is?

Sure, if you just look at the walking animations of every foot soldier in wc3, what kind of fierceness do you pretend to see? lol
For how much of blood fights and for how much seriousness wc3 is composed of, always a "semi-cartoon" style graphic it will be. Sure, if you look at wolves, you see fierceness, if you look at knights, you also see fierceness. But footmen, peasants, peons....they're just raw meat, easily-disposable character that can't play a well-defined role in the story. Footmen may be fierce, but until a certain point. As Grunts do. You want fierceness? Look at the Raiders or at the Knights. However, i'm constantly searching for new stuff with which improve. There were good Raider skins, and besides i think i got a couple of them somewhere around...

Funnier, or "funner"? Which, actually now that I think about it, isn't a real word...:slp:

Because funny Warcraft I doesn't really make much sense... I'm assuming you mean more fun :grin:

Yeah, sorry for my little bit weird english xD. I meant "more fun" of course. :)

When are you posting the full versions of the WCI campaigns?

In a week ^^

Level 6
Very good job considering you did this by yourself.

I agree about the terrain. It needs more work.

As for the road system; I don't know if anybody knows how to do that, but if someone did, boy would their help make this even better.

As for the "bloodthirsty" models; its not a big deal, but I think you should just look at the models that Tauer and Whisper made. Someone's got to make use of those models. I suggest you take a look at them and see if any interest you. Personally, I'd use the Warsong grunt made by Tauer and the Warsong Raider made by Whisper. Whisper also made a pretty good Blackhand the Destroyer that you should check out.

Level 20
Whisper also made a pretty good Blackhand the Destroyer that you should check out.

what's wrong with the actual one?

thank's for the feeds. I'm always searching for something better to improve the campaigns.
Maybe i'm thinking about updating every week with some new applied things, if suggestions(with concrete materials) may pop up.

EDIT: mmm well, i'll definitely take the grunt model by whisper. I'd say the same for the Raider but that weapon he's welding is inappropriate. Wc1 Raiders had a big bad sword, like the one we see in the nowadays ones.
As for blackhand. I'm seriously thinking about switching it to Doomhammer instead, since Doomhammer was the horde's warlord LATER in wc1(although in the wc1 ending we see him handling a sword).
I repeat: i saw a couple of GOOD BAD-ASS Raiders but they must have been removed. :/

Level 7
hy
i test it

I think it need a rohad system and an advanced buildiing system.
and i found a bug. I completed the first chapter build the 6 farm and the barrack but he say completed but the map don't say the victory.

Level 20

Oh yeah! There it is! That's why i could not find it before, it is rider and not raider! lol
However, i discovered i already got that skin. Now i just modified the camp and put in warsong grunt and that raider skin. I must find a way to develop that road system style.
However, here's the explanation for some spells.

Summon Scorpion/Spiders: In wc1 you used to summon many units at once, now you can summon two units for half of your total mana.

Rain of Fire/Cloud of Poison: Rain was imba but with random-hit property. Cloud of poison was a wondering area damage spell but a little less damaging than the rain. Here, both spells stand still to the target area and simply cause area damage. Like every spell alike in wc3.

Unholy armor: in wc1 you deplete hp when casting this, and the unit was totally invulnerable. Here, you deplete no hp but the unit will take only 1 damage for every suffered hit.

Raise dead: i don't understand why AI's necros won't never cast this. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 17
Rain of Fire/Cloud of Poison: Rain was imba but with random-hit property. Cloud of poison was a wondering area damage spell but a little less damaging than the rain. Here, both spells stand still to the target area and simply cause area damage. Like every spell alike in wc3
for the cloud spell you could use tornado with slow moving and that it damages everything instead of buildings only (and ofcourse other model etc.). For Rain of Fire you could use Rain of Chaos. If you want the unholy armor spell like in warcraft 1, I have it in one my maps. Haven't tried your campaign yet though, a bit to busy with my own projects ;|

Level 20
[K40$]-Spectre;1447661 said:
for the cloud spell you could use tornado with slow moving and that it damages everything instead of buildings only (and ofcourse other model etc.). For Rain of Fire you could use Rain of Chaos. If you want the unholy armor spell like in warcraft 1, I have it in one my maps. Haven't tried your campaign yet though, a bit to busy with my own projects ;|

Cloud of poison does damage everything, just like Rain of fire.
Here's a snapshot(the visual effect is multiplied here since the save-snapshot function has stuck the game for a while, then i've picked up another one. That's why you see "schermata catturata" :) )

Attachments

• Cloud of poison.jpg
    Cloud of poison.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 5,822
Level 20
Sorry for double posting once more. Maybe i found out the "road system" code. What about something like this?

As roads are built
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes construction
Conditions
Actions
If ((Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Road) then do (Unit Group - Add (Constructed structure) to RoadGroup) else do (Do nothing)

That was the first trigger

Roads
Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(build))
Actions
Set RoadGroup2 = RoadGroup
Unit Group - Pick every unit in RoadGroup2 and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Region centered at (Target point of issued order) with size (100.00, 100.00)) contains (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to False
Then - Actions
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
Game - Display to (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) the text: Buildings must be p...
Else - Actions
Do nothing
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_RoadGroup2)

and this should be the trigger where the magic happens. er, should happen. Well, my structures are still able to be placed anywhere. Elsewhere i found this:

* Untitled Trigger 001
o Events
+ Unit - A unit Finishes construction
o Conditions
+ (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Road
o Actions
+ Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
+ Environment - Change terrain type at TempPoint to <Buildable Terrain Type> using variation -1 in an area of size 300 and shape Square
+ Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Or.....if we look further....

Roads
Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(Hall))
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(Road2))
Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Working?
Set RoadGroup2 = RoadGroup
Unit Group - Pick every unit in RoadGroup2 and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Region centered at (Target point of issued order) with size (200.00, 200.00)) contains (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to False
Then - Actions
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
Game - Display to (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) the text: Buildings must be p...
Else - Actions
Do nothing
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_RoadGroup2)

Anyone? :7

Level 13
What I would expect from any WC1 remake, or consider the most important fact, is a successfull catch of the dark atmosphere of the first warcraft.
In my opinion this is a lot more important, than just give the player the same units and buildings.
So I agree with the points [K40$]-Spectre has already mentioned.

You may want to have a look at this project: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108786

It seems to catch the atmosphere of the much darker WC1 pretty good.

I really appreciate your effort and you surely don't want to hear this, but the screenshots just look like warcraft III with some different units, nothing near real wc1.
On the other hand I see, that you set a focus on narrating the story of wc1 within the wc3 engine and a lot of it seems to be done which is pretty cool as well.

However, since there are a lot of people who think: "yeah, It would be fun to make a wc1 remake; I'll start one!", my suggestion would be, to unite all those projects and create one real good and large wc1 remake project instead.

Level 20
Seen both from a long time: i don't like the knight's armor, nor his hammer(wc1 knights had flails, not hammers) and the necro really needs that sword(???????) removed(the author won't do me the favour). Anyway, i've added those grunt and raider models. Maybe loading screens too. If i manage to put them too, i'll be coming back next monday with something more interesting to see. :)

MoCo: i don't like that whole restyling. Plus, i don't like those models/icons neither. Dialogue's are fine, they surely add thickness to the storyline but there weren't in wc1. All i've added was intro movies and small intro chats in indoor missions; plus mission tab's deeper explanations stage by stage. I preferred to add the righteous that would get my proj closest possible to the old wc1 using common wc3 units/buildings as well. If you see Resident Evil 5's Chris and Jill, you'll see restyling. In RE1 Chris wasn't that muscular and Jill wasn't that blonde.

Level 17
If you see Resident Evil 5's Chris and Jill, you'll see restyling. In RE1 Chris wasn't that muscular and Jill wasn't that blonde.
,The changes of Chris and Jill aren't that big and doesn't have a huge impact on the gameplay, while atmosphere does. Look at it like this; why would people still want to play something that looks & plays like warcraft 1? What makes it still interesting? You don't have to answer this to me, just think about, it may help you in creating your mod/campaign more unique. I now rest this case :grin: and work on my own mods, good luck with your campaign!

The reason why "that other wc1 project" is so much more badass than this is because they do not limit themselves to exactly recreating wc1, but instead, they take the good parts of both wc1 and wc3 and turn it into awesomeness.
, I completely agree with Linaze

Level 20
yeah, "they", a team, while "i"'m alone. Don't mind about anything. Instead, people like all of those i gave the stuff before these 2 years of inactivity(people from whom, i repeat, i got plenty of good feeds), would see few of the old stuff in "that other wc1 proj", without missing respect for the work of that team. They want to replay "the old" but also curious to see how that old has been done with the new style, using proper model arrangements without creating too much weight. Seeing how much i(always talking alone) staid modifying stats, recreating maps and AI(btw did you plaid it WITHOUT imputing cheat codes?????)etc. Logically if i'd want to play back super mario i'd choose one of the first four chapters but not 64, the wii one or other new. And....yes...i dislike RE5, as i dislike all the latest MK over the Trilogy age.

The reason why "that other wc1 project" is so much more badass than this is because they do not limit themselves to exactly recreating wc1, but instead, they take the good parts of both wc1 and wc3 and turn it into awesomeness.

With the biggest difference, lordpene's project is actually finished, while for the one you are talking about can't be said that will ever be.

Level 20
With the biggest difference, lordpene's project is actually finished, while for the one you are talking about can't be said that will ever be.

.....and i've seen a whole bunch of projs like these around holding up(months or years by and they're still camping), while mine is actually out.

EDIT: sorry for the inconvenience. Download has been temporarly removed.

Level 20
Alright. Both camps are updated now, with the following adds:

- Decent terrain, with global effects on some maps.
- Increased Elementals damage from 50 to 75 and Daemons one from 75 to 90. Sorry, but i haven't ever seen a Daemon killing a non-upgraded knight in 4 blows :( so i had to fix it.
- Added loading screens, thanks to RED BARON ;)
- Added a new blood-thirsty Grunt model(by Tauer) and a new Raider FIERCE skin(by Ezikielth).
- credits for these authors has been put in the ending of each campaigns.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warcraft-humans-157714/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warcraft-orcs-157703/

Level 20
@LordPerenoldeII
Do you think it is possible to have a Melee map where we could face off Humans vs Orcs? I been wanting to try this since you have the coolest version by far for the Warcraft 1 remakes.
I have ideas for a few PvP maps between subfactions but it's most likely going to happen at the very end of the whole project.
EDIT: sorry, I thought this was referred to the Warcraft 2 remake.
I had ideas long time ago but I'm no longer sure that it's going to happen. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.