• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT MOVIE: release date on June 10, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
194715-albums4664-picture97287.jpg

Hello everyone, the news just hits in! The Warcraft movie has been announced that it will be released on June 10, 2016. Mark your calendars folks! and don't die yet (joke!), As what my friends told me when we saw this news: will you watch it in the big screen with the banner of the Alliance, or set the drums of war with the Horde? :cgrin:

Warcraft is an upcoming 2016 American epic fantasy film. It is based on the Warcraft video game series and set in the world of Azeroth. The film was first announced in 2006 as a project partnership with Legendary Pictures Filming began on January 13, 2014 and wrapped-up on May 23. The film is scheduled to be released by Universal Pictures on June 10, 2016.

Duncan Jones is directing the film from a screenplay that he co-wrote with Charles Leavitt. Producers include Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Tessa Ross, Charles Roven, Alex Gartner, Stuart Fenegan, and Chris Metzen. The film will star Ben Foster, Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell and Rob Kazinsky.

The film portrays the origin story of the initial encounters between the humans and the orcs, with an emphasis upon both the Alliance's and the Horde's sides of their conflict. Featuring characters such as Durotan and Lothar, the film will take place in a variety of locations established in the video game series.

We will be pleased once the movie crew and the film production might release some teaser trailers before we all tackle the big show on the desired date, but don't get your hopes high! this is just a couple of positive announcements and more is yet to come! Here are some awesome pictures for the Alliance and the Horde down below, as well as the casting crew based on IMDb (note: one of the cast crew played the role of a Viking!)

194715-albums4664-picture97283.jpg

194715-albums4664-picture97284.jpg

Here is the link for IMDb

Level 36
Shit, and here I was, thinking it would never happen.

I've got mixed expectations for this, I hope it turns out good,
and if Blizzard has enough of a finger involved in the directing
then it might turn into a good movie.

*Fingers crossed*

Level 25
"Chris Metzen mentioned that the film will be action-packed and violent, stating "We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft."

This is promising. I like.

Level 11
Are the orcs going to be CGI? Gross. Not optimistic about this movie anyway.

If the budget is as high as expected (100+ million) then CGI Orcs shouldn't be bad... I like to think it will be Avatar quality CGI (with an improvement of 6 years) but Warcraft style - that I could live with. CGI has improved tremendously...Hell, just look at the CGI quality in Game of Thrones and it's a TV show - albeit an expensive one.

I just hope Blizzard had enough input that they didn't just completely destroy the lore. I mean it isn't like they didn't have 20+ years of source material to work with...

Level 30
Are the orcs going to be CGI? Gross. Not optimistic about this movie anyway.

They'll probably be doing both CGI and a couple of make-up artistry to get a stable allowance and budget for the film, this has been useful to a lot of movies as to where they perform camera tricks, angles, and mostly close-ups. It still depends on how they will compile the platforms of each technique.

Recently, computer graphic animators and costume sculptors are quite on the extreme level of work in now standards, and its a good thing this can now be applied on a movie such as this. :wink:

My life-hourglass said "you will die at age 100" , so I would watch this shit, I hope this movie will become successful , I hope the scene is like blizzard cinematics, :)
Many game-based movies are sucks, But I hope this movie is good and receive positive reviews from "rotten tomatoes" :D

After this movie, I hope sequels , like warcraft 2 and warcraft 3 ROC, I want to see the battle of mount hyjal on the cinema :D

PS : Filipino stupid dota-boys be like , "wow , a dotA movie , I will watch this, I want to see Mirana and some dota heroes!!!"
./. ./. ./.

Last edited:
Level 28
Orcs in Warcraft are much bigger than LotR orcs. It would be hard to find decent actors of that size. orc size ccording to wikipedia: 6' 6" - 8' 6" (198 to 259 cm) (male).

As far as I've seen and heard they are aiming for a visual style that is very close to their cinematics (http://i.imgur.com/kRpna4v.jpg) but much higher quality. I just can't see it being done with just costumes and makeup.

Level 2
PS : Filipino stupid dota-boys be like , "wow , a dotA movie , I will watch this, I want to see Mirana and some dota heroes!!!"
./. ./. ./.

Yeah Filipino Weaboo Dota players :O who will just watch this movie to brag about it even though they did not understood a single bit of the story line :( I cry everytime i see them

Level 7
Well, for those of you who are worried about the CGI, Legendary recently released these two images of Orgrim:

OrgrimNew.jpg

OrgrimNew2.jpg

I'm soooooooo pumped! :D

Level 28
I wonder if all the events get enough screen time. There's so much going with the wc1 campaign(s), The Last Guardian, bits of Lord of the Clans and bits of Rise of the Horde. I can totally understand leaving out "details" like Doomhammer's plate, as it might raise questions with no time to answer. ... but if they do it right it will be an detailed "origin" story, like Batman Begins or Daredevil.

I'm already looking forward to the moment Garona kills Llane and every non-WC-fan will go like "whoa, the 'bad' guys win???" :D :D

Level 16
They should do bad guys/ good guys, becouse of one simple reason humans are the bad guys in wow mostly. Orcs are crazy , savage, but with honor, and divided into so many different groups that most people don't even know who is who.

Status
Not open for further replies.