• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Movie Preview: Orgrim Doomhammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
194715-albums4664-picture97287.jpg

Few days ago, Wired posted another preview of one of the main characters in Warcraft: Orgrim Doomhammer(Robert Kazinsky). This preview is an update to the previous one showed in the Blizzcon 2014 Warcraft Movie Panel. In this one, he seems like a mag'har compared to the older version where he is green or corrupted.

OrgrimNew.jpg

OrgrimNew2.jpg

Warcraft will be released on June 10, 2016, mark your calendars and be ready to raise the banner of the Horde or the Alliance! Read Orcnet's Post for more information about the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 39
I dont understand one thing tho. If this move is supposte be about the first war then why it has so much Orgrim? There should be more Blackhand and Gul'Dan.

I think it's actually more about Durotan than Orgrim. They said that Durotan and Lothar are the two main characters, as far as I remember.
Besides, Orgrim was in the First War as well. And they have already casted Blackhand and Gul'Dan. I'm guessing they've just chosen Orgrim as their "marketing" (orc) character, since he's the most known character of all those. At least to the majority of people I guess.

Both Orgrim and Durotan play big roles in WoD, so I don't think popularity is necessarily the reason. IMO, orcs become boring when you have one-sided villains like Gul'Dan or Blackhand (as awesome as they may be). Characters like Thrall, Orgrim, and Durotan are far more dynamic, so maybe that is why they chose them as the main characters for the horde.

As for the model, it is awesome. Their CGI never ceases to amaze me. I've always been thinking: if I get this impressed over one film still, I can't even imagine how I'll react seeing the entire film. Even if the Warcraft movie doesn't turn out to be that great, we'll at least be guaranteed impressive visuals. :p

Level 33
As for the model, it is awesome. Their CGI never ceases to amaze me. I've always been thinking: if I get this impressed over one film still, I can't even imagine how I'll react seeing the entire film. Even if the Warcraft movie doesn't turn out to be that great, we'll at least be guaranteed impressive visuals. :p

Wait, I thought this is a makeup?

Status
Not open for further replies.