1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    well your words of peace lasted for 26-27min was hoping it be much much longer

activision the publisher or blizzard the developer
    pretty sure the banning is blizzards doing
    but yes activision, scum, long hatred for activision even before 2008, well before

2. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    If true, this only strengthens my suspicion that Actiblizz cut funding mid-development. The Blood Elf buildings are also not all finished. There's no Blood Elf version of the Town Hall and Lumber Mill for example.

The Reforged campaign probably also suffered because of this and I think the fan complaints are only part of the reason they cut it.

3. RagnarokBazil

RagnarokBazil

Resources:
    Resources:

they are both the same now..

4. darksage

darksage

Resources:
    Resources:
    dragon portrait doesn't work
    ziggurat upgrade animation is weird

5. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Day 5. I still wake up furious. At this point I consider writing a diary, perhaps I'll be famous post mortum when people find it, and take it as a lesson in history.

6. WanSaweR

WanSaweR

Resources:
    Resources:
    100% Agree. It is sad, that a lot of people are attacking each other and calling others shills etc. Let's be honest, there are bugs, glitches etc. in the game, but I'm sure Blizzard'll release patches and fix those issues. And I believe custom campaign feature will be back.

Agreed.

7. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think "greed is bad" is pretty documented lesson in history already :)

8. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. Dark-Zalor

Dark-Zalor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was forced to download reforged... But I didn't buy it... and I don't want, now it's extremly slow!!!!
    The map I created with 1.31 version of warcraft 3 is unplayable with my version 1.32 of warcraft 3 (the game never launch) what can I do? (but the world editor 1.32 can open it)
    How can I remove that horrible patch to go back to 1.31?
    Why the world editor use reforged content when I din't buy reforged (like new models for example Dalvengyr, Balnazzar model, that didn't exist in old version of warcraft 3),
    I thought It would use full hd textures, reworked from old ones and icons but not new content (what happen if I create a woman zombie in a map that should be played in default bersion of warcraft 3????)

10. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Right now the only (legal) way is to get the 1.31 PTR (unless you backed up 1.31 beforehand).

Apparently the devs said it's so people can see how their map looks in reforged even if they don't own the game. You can turn it off though by going to File>Preferences and setting asset mode to SD.

11. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok guys whats lot is lot. its not about me now, it is about that he annoyed vast majority of people here for very long!
    This needs to stop now.

How dare you to constantly degrade other peoples opinions?
    Whoever disagrees with you, instead of learning something, you just throw their opinions away and offend people in many case.
    This needs to stop.

I told you, when you offend me this is amusing as you are nobody, just clown and fool around. But hey! Its not about me now, its about that other people can't take you. You are constantly spamming, insulting, annoying wast majority. And you are over the line. You do not represent side here. It is you vs members of community.
    I can take you offending me forever. But offending other people, my friends! Concerned community members which you constantly try to silence and make their opinions worthless is something I wont tolerate here. Someone needs to raise against you and stop you from once. Believe me, ask anybody here, we survived much more heavier and dangerous fools than you. You will be done here soon, that I can tell you.
    I strongly suggest you to abandon this thread, and this is not Blizzard's forum where people like you can do chaos against others!

12. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You cannot, the only option was not to accept the update to 1.32 and keep 1.31 for singleplayer purpose. I did that on my pc while on my laptop I have the crappy 1.32 version (hope it will be fixed)

@MasterHaosis no need to further continue to explain him what he doesn't want to hear or understand.

13. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've just checked a WoWhead datamine article. It appears that these three datamined models aren't in game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Am I the only one who thinks that it's just kinda rediculous?

Edit: Also, the main menu quite "laggy", and considering it's "the initial patching phase", and it's day 5 since release, there should've been at least one patch by now, if not even two...
    I'm kinda hoping it's because they're working on a big patch that will readd Custom Campaigns, a feature that they obviousely didn't have the time to implement, but....

All of this makes me kinda "worried".

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  14. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe they could salvage all the hard work done by the artists by putting these models in World of Warcraft.

15. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, you are absolutely right, but I had once to stand for fellow people whose he constantly try to silence in Blizzard's manner. I can take him offending me forever. Sometimes I will ignore him, sometimes I will offend him back as he deserves.
    But he bashed others as well. Here are people in this thread whose are great people! Good users, they are long here and contributed to this site and community overall. For example, you are one of them. I wont let him do it, especially against people whose dare to support me against him (and I did not call anyone, people came themselves because they can't take him). Blizzard silence people around, and yet their fanboys think they are superior over us, coming to our site, constantly offending people and wrecking chaos. yet they think Blizzard's forum rules apply here where they are privileged.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2020
  16. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did it first though, lol.

Also, poor LemonSky's portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2020
  18. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lemonsky did a good job for the most part at least. I'd rate their effort 8/10. It's not Blizzard quality but it's good enough. They were not responsible for the technical art side of things (lighting, antialiasing, animation quality etc.), that was on Blizzard. Bad lighting can make a great model look bad. For example, I think the Shaman portrait is really good but the flat lighting and lack of antialiasing make it look bad and amateurish.

I've also been thinking why the models are so high poly and abundant in detail. It would be very costly and time consuming to make models for each unit for cinematics, portraits and also gameplay. This way, they only needed to make one model that they could use in all situations. I think they really wanted them to look good in the scrapped cinematics. Still, LOD levels are strangely missing.

19. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I respect them, but they also didn't respect the game and made a ton of errors. The fps error on models is their fault, as they went for overall detail forgetting that this is an RTS and we'll be mostly looking from bird eye view, whilst having a lot of units in the screen at one time. Not to mention the lack of consistency on style. Or the fact they changed poor sam icon to some random girl.

I respect them, but they did a poor job, too.

20. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Very valid arguments you pointed out!