1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III Map making contest 2006

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Bob27, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varulf

varulf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with those other guys, I think the deadline should be extended. I'm having much trouble trying to complete the maps as it is, and will probably need extension if the deadline isn't change.

2. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Extend the deadline slightly and all shall be happy, likely the maps I'm working on will be done in time but not porperly tested if the deadline isn't extended.

3. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess Bob27 will extend it but atm he is out in a few days..

4. Hemlock

Hemlock

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would like to wish both the judges of this contest and Bob27 the best of luck in this contest. (as well as the contestants off course =)..)

It's good to see new contests are popping up, I myself am setting one up as well over at http://maps.worldofwar.net, and I can understand the pressure that you must be under.

anyhow, I won't enter this contest, but if you ever make another one, I might , who knows.

Best of luck with judging, and may the best participant win.

5. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok i cant be in this contest, i would have been, but then i realised i cant be bothered to finish my work. never mind.

6. asasin850

asasin850

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If u put it back im guna be pretty pissed. Im working my ASS off to finish for the 20th... if people were moronic enough to elave it this late its their fault, and if people had the bad luck not to find out about it in time, well im sure bob will host another contest some time soon :)

7. Bethezard

Bethezard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, extend deadline... :!: I have nearly made my map, but if I will send you it now, it will be like Alpha Test version with many bugs... :cry: Extend deadlines please... :!:

8. asasin850

asasin850

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If they cant finish it its their problem not yours. They can apply for a short extension, but setting the deadline back totally would suck cas then asasin would spam mail ur ass :D

9. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    look i've already said I can give extendtions so I will. I will not tell you the exact new deadline date so me and the Judges can debate the new deadline date, rather then having to change it more then once. You will find out on the 25th, however you can expect to have at least 2 weeks. Also with the maps being released when u send me your map I will then contact u again giving you the thumbs up for releasing the map. However no map will be released before the 20th of feb. I have already giving VG the thumbs up to release his maps on the 20th so u can see u what u people in the RPG and Other catergory are up against.

10. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I entered the Altered Melee - category with a Starcraft Map

However Im going to need to use a few triggers here and there
    - to make some of the unit abilities work
    - add a few sounds
    - make the vespine gas (2nd mineral source) work.
    a few other things

These wont alter the map, it will still remain completely melee.

IS that ok?

11. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    look a melee map is a map with no triggers at all (spells will be accepted though). Some triggers will be accepted such as sound and melee. But if it has a trigger that is not accepted the map will just be moved to the appropriate catergory, most likely other. Also this has been mentioned at least 3 times now.

12. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    so who are the judges?

13. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bob27
    -=GhosT=-
    Ben(trs)
    bountyhunter2
    Darkdraak
    Ralle 1884 Denmark
    SeasonsOfLove are the Jury so far.

14. Crazynutter

Crazynutter

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Wooo an extension.

I've got my week off now, so I will be able to work on the map more.

Just trying to get the transparency working when you build a unit. Even though i've got nothing else working :D.

[​IMG]
    What it is like so far.

15. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    u need any help i might be able to lend ha hand.

16. Crazynutter

Crazynutter

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the offer, but no.

Just got alot of grinding to do on the map, there are 26 starting units, and I want them all to be able to bind with each other, making 350 more units, all of which can merge with heroes to gain spells, life, mana ect.

So thats :

376 Hero Skills
    376 Units - 1/4 will have abilities
    90 Unit Abilities

and that is just 10% of the 'fusions', 50% of the 376 units will be able bind together to form greater units, and then again for even greater units.

17. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    more long than hard, reminds me of statistics work. still the offers there u know. good luck with it too is sounds like a great idea. one thing tho, are you having like 400 custom units? because an idea i had a while back was to make it so u could use triggers to plug on different body parts to different units making an huge amount of combinations without taking up much space.

18. Crazynutter

Crazynutter

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, say you have a Stag and a Night Elf, fuse them together, and you get a Dryad.

The stag doesn't have an attack, but has a special ability instead, and the night elf just a warrior (dunno yet, still in rough design mode). While the Dryad is a mixture of the two.

I need to do the whole thing with 400 custom units because there will be a unit type check for the Hero Fusions, and the unit type stats, such as Custom Value, Point Value, Food Cost ect. determine their stats. Though stats arn't used yet because my friend is too busy to start work on the 'attack system'.

19. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    but what if you want to mix a stag with a bear or a swords man? is there like a limit between what units can be fused? like only similar units or something?

20. Crazynutter

Crazynutter

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, all the starting units can fuse together.

It then becomes more limited over how many times you fuse the unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.