1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III Map making contest 2006

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Bob27, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well you said you showed 2/3 of your maps. What about the other 1/3? As long as there not completly finished.

Well didn't I say that there had to be a considerable amount of work done on the map? Not just a few new units. Well I will only accept maps that are in the alpha stage. Yours would be counted as the beta stage.

2. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have an idea too for an AOS but thats going to be off-topic since it will not come in the contest..
    Cool! I hope that I will be judging it :)

3. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    An AOS style map? I'm always happy to help if you need it :D .

4. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah. I don't doubt that.. Thanks! I just think it should have something unique in it

5. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    heres an idea. maybe you could have it like a normel AOS were you have to destroy the other teams main building, and then once a main building is destroyed you move to other battlefield. And so on. Also try and maybe make things like obstacles of traps you might find somewhere in each battlefield.

6. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah.. sounds cool! And you will have the same level and character in next level, and maybe something about some characters have powers in some maps etc..

but back to contest..

7. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That does sound pretty cool, I once worked for like 3 weeks on a maze map I was making so I know of some pretty cool traps if you need any.

8. Soultaker

Soultaker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I got a third map which I have showed none yet, but I don't think it'll do very well as it is in the early beta state and just playable.

About the other two maps, one of them has been hosted like 5 times on B-Net and the other has been showed to the folks on WC3Campaigns and that's it...

I can remove the thread on WC3 Campaigns if that's neccesary, but that would be quite annoying since I proberly wouldn't be able to get a new one there then.

-Soultaker

9. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    when you mean "showed" does that mean people have played it? Or you have just shown screenshots or sumthing like that.

10. Soultaker

Soultaker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That means that people were able to read some stuff about it and download the map protected.

It's like 3 days since I posted the post, and only 4 people have download the map...

-Soultaker

11. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well if its already been played by people like that then i'm sorry but I can not accept that map. Maybe try making a simply fast map such as a some simple minigames or some other map that can be made fast?

12. Soultaker

Soultaker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well... I don't want to enter with some map... I want to enter with MY map.. I don't got any new original ideas nor the energy to create a new map as I already got three projects.

I'm really sorry to hear that as that would mean that I can only enter the contest with my weakest map =(

If there is no chance for me to enter with those two maps, then delete me as a participant in the "Other" and "Minigame" catagory.

-Soultaker

13. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was just wondering.. What's the difference between testing with friends and playing online?
    I was just wondering where the border is?
    Does that mean that you can't be two people working at a map?

14. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well 2 people can work at a map but all entie team must be told to me when the map is sent to me or before. When I mean testing with friends I mean that i'm not just going to create a game, let anyone join and dl. I will only be play with Jury members.

15. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So lets say I am working on a map and there is something I need to test online with maybe 2-3 friends, I cant do that?

16. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well I supose you can. As long as those friends don't host the map and so on. Beta Testing will be allowed I supose.

17. asasin850

asasin850

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is getting too confusing. How hard is it to figure out that if youve released the map to te public, either by uploading a DL link or by hosting public games then its officially been released, then u cant enter. Foos :p

18. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok you can not give away any dl links. You can host PRIVATE games on b.net to test. However these must be friends of yours and not people you just randimly meet on b.net.

19. Darkdraak

Darkdraak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Than its no problem for most i guess

20. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources: