• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Map making contest 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
If i SEND you teh map can i start hosting it publicly (Cas i find it hard to get beta test full of people who wont jsut kiss my ass n tell me how good it is) to get a couple proper tests in, then updte the copy u have later?

if i send it to u can i host it publicly (after i send it of course) period?

Level 18
Bob27 said:
it is. And especialy when the deadline is in 2 weeks or so and i've only got about 4 maps.

Yeah, the problem with the deadline being the end of Febuary is that since a lot of the contestants here are students Febuary signals the end of the holiday season, at least it does in Australia, maybe you should up the time by 2-4 weeks.

Level 7
If they were stupid enought o leave alot of the work till after school starts its their fault and they dont deserve to be rewarded for it. I say leave it as it is and if we cant cope then fuck us :)

On a side note ASASINS GUNA PAWNZOOOOR JOO!!

Level 18
If a made an Altered Melee could i have triggered abilities in it?

@asasin850
asasin850 said:
If they were stupid enought o leave alot of the work till after school starts its their fault and they dont deserve to be rewarded for it. I say leave it as it is and if we cant cope then fuck us :)

On a side note ASASINS GUNA PAWNZOOOOR JOO!!

I only found out about the contest roughly 5 days before it started, not much time considering how much other stuff I've got on my plate at the moment.

Level 2
Well, I just found out about this contest a few days ago so I won't be able to submit what I'm currently working on. I'll probably submit something I had worked on previously but never saw the light of day. It's nothing more than some Heroes with cool spells, so I hope that it qualifies for the "Other" category.

Level 3
I agree with those other guys, I think the deadline should be extended. I'm having much trouble trying to complete the maps as it is, and will probably need extension if the deadline isn't change.

Level 13
I would like to wish both the judges of this contest and Bob27 the best of luck in this contest. (as well as the contestants off course =)..)

It's good to see new contests are popping up, I myself am setting one up as well over at http://maps.worldofwar.net, and I can understand the pressure that you must be under.

anyhow, I won't enter this contest, but if you ever make another one, I might , who knows.

Best of luck with judging, and may the best participant win.

Level 7
If u put it back im guna be pretty pissed. Im working my ASS off to finish for the 20th... if people were moronic enough to elave it this late its their fault, and if people had the bad luck not to find out about it in time, well im sure bob will host another contest some time soon :)

Level 2
Yeah, extend deadline... :!: I have nearly made my map, but if I will send you it now, it will be like Alpha Test version with many bugs... :cry: Extend deadlines please... :!:

Level 24
look i've already said I can give extendtions so I will. I will not tell you the exact new deadline date so me and the Judges can debate the new deadline date, rather then having to change it more then once. You will find out on the 25th, however you can expect to have at least 2 weeks. Also with the maps being released when u send me your map I will then contact u again giving you the thumbs up for releasing the map. However no map will be released before the 20th of feb. I have already giving VG the thumbs up to release his maps on the 20th so u can see u what u people in the RPG and Other catergory are up against.

Level 12
I entered the Altered Melee - category with a Starcraft Map

However Im going to need to use a few triggers here and there
- to make some of the unit abilities work
- add a few sounds
- make the vespine gas (2nd mineral source) work.
a few other things

These wont alter the map, it will still remain completely melee.

IS that ok?

Level 24
look a melee map is a map with no triggers at all (spells will be accepted though). Some triggers will be accepted such as sound and melee. But if it has a trigger that is not accepted the map will just be moved to the appropriate catergory, most likely other. Also this has been mentioned at least 3 times now.

Level 8
Thanks for the offer, but no.

Just got alot of grinding to do on the map, there are 26 starting units, and I want them all to be able to bind with each other, making 350 more units, all of which can merge with heroes to gain spells, life, mana ect.

So thats :

376 Hero Skills
376 Units - 1/4 will have abilities
90 Unit Abilities

and that is just 10% of the 'fusions', 50% of the 376 units will be able bind together to form greater units, and then again for even greater units.

Level 21
more long than hard, reminds me of statistics work. still the offers there u know. good luck with it too is sounds like a great idea. one thing tho, are you having like 400 custom units? because an idea i had a while back was to make it so u could use triggers to plug on different body parts to different units making an huge amount of combinations without taking up much space.

Level 8
Well, say you have a Stag and a Night Elf, fuse them together, and you get a Dryad.

The stag doesn't have an attack, but has a special ability instead, and the night elf just a warrior (dunno yet, still in rough design mode). While the Dryad is a mixture of the two.

I need to do the whole thing with 400 custom units because there will be a unit type check for the Hero Fusions, and the unit type stats, such as Custom Value, Point Value, Food Cost ect. determine their stats. Though stats arn't used yet because my friend is too busy to start work on the 'attack system'.

Level 7
Yeah well i got banend from teh site that was hosting me.... for the 3rd time...

Gez (head admin) is a wanker who dislikes me for some reason.... But im sick of the shit so i elft... not elttin MMG bail me out this time im sick of being ripped off so yeah Cry me a god damned river :)

Level 1
I sent a map for the minigames contest, yet my name is not shown, is this because of lazyness or because you didn't receive it?

Level 2
Hi, everyBody, i would like to enter the contest but i don't know if my map can enter:

Its some kind of a FirstPersonCamera mod for a melee game.

It works like this:
>Press ESC to change to FPCamera of the selected unit.
>In FPCamera Mode you can use the directional keys to look up,down,left or right

Level 7
Great ive been busting my ass to finish for teh 20th and now i gotta wait for another 24 days... im rather annoyed to say the least... if people missed out you should just maek em suck it up and bust their ass to finish or have to enter the next one...

Level 24
yes well I would rather have a decent amount of maps finished rather then just the 7-8 i've got. However entries will close on the 1st of March. So if your making a map then tell me before then. All maps must then be in by 14th. That way were not waiting a week for a map that will never get finished.

Level 5
Thank you for this extra time, i have a vacation incoming after the 20th so my map will be finished (or at least the beta) around the 20th.

Level 3
Sweet, extra time!

Anyway, I just noticed something... it seems like I'm the only one in the campaign section of the contest. Everyone else has dropped out of there for some reason. What will happen then? Will I win by default if no one signs up in the next two days?

Status
Not open for further replies.