1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III Map making contest 2006

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Bob27, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have updated the rules. There has been alot of debate over whether the deadline should be in 1 or 2 months and hopfuly i've come up with the solution.

2. Zoxc

Zoxc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    My map would use custom object and trigger data. Is that allowed?

3. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah it's allowed

4. Healingpoison

Healingpoison

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've just started the map I want to enter. Hopefully it will be done in time.

5. DurotarLord

DurotarLord

Resources:
    Resources:
    so whens the ending date of the contest exactly anyways? I dont think i can get my map done in time for it, but im willing to try my hardest. unfortunatly even if i do get the map done in time for the contest it will still be in the beta stages...

6. Crazynutter

Crazynutter

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I may enter with a Map im currently working on, that I started afew days ago.

May take awhile, so I might not enter.

7. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok yes object data is aloud. The exact release date has not been decided. I will make it over the next xouplw of days. For the last 2 posts please tell me what catergories your maps will be in.

8. Crazynutter

Crazynutter

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Mine will probily be other, seeing you are able to select your 'mode' at the start.

Such as :

Hero Defence
    Tournement
    FFA

and such

9. Zoxc

Zoxc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    So no custom trigger data. Optimizing is also illegal then, I guess. Depends on how good you are too open maps ^^

10. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No you can protect your map its just if you do you have to send an unprotected one as well. Also if anyone's map if over 10 mb and can not be atached to a email use this site to email me the map.

http://www.sendover.com/index.html

11. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So far my map aint even 50 kb so I dont think I will have any problem with sending the mail :p

12. Onisuzume

Onisuzume

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, i'll join in too.
    My map is called Space Hulk®, based off the boad game made by Games Workshop.
    The name of all units, items and the map itself are copyright and/or trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. And I have no permission to make the map, it is a fan-made map in hopes of returning Space Hulk to it's former glory. ^^ (always add legal stuff)

w00t! i'm a noob.

13. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Space Hulk... Never heard of that one. I don't know havn't been to Games Workshop for a while now. Is it some w40k thing? I'll add it to the other catergory.

14. Onisuzume

Onisuzume

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It won the Origins Award in 1989 for Best Fantasy or Science Fiction Boardgame. And yes, it's 40k based.

15. Zoxc

Zoxc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    There is no such thing as wc3 map protecting. What if I send you a editor that can open it? ^^

16. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well if you sent me an editor that can open protected maps I would greatly apreciate it.

17. Hmm, I should have an RPG to enter or something, assuming i don't get bogged down with homework...

shouldn't "Network Friendly" be a criteria, seeing as how you can't host maps on battle.net that are over a certain size, and even then i dunno how many people are willing to wait and download... just a thought

18. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good, i'll add you

well first of all maps that are larger then 4mb will only be singleplayer maps. Any multiplayer map over 4mb needs some series work. Also I won't be going into battle.net and letting anyone join. The Jury will all be emailed the map first and the game will be private.

19. varulf

varulf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello

Is it too late to join the competition? Because I just found out about this and I want in.

I don't know what kind of map I'm making yet. It will be either a tower defence, an AoS or a campaign. I'll tell you when I have decided.

A question: Does the map have to be brand new? Because I have a tons of unfinished maps that just needs an excuse to be completed.

20. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    in fact it has to be a new map written from scratch but we dont know if some of your unfinnished are old or new..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.