• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Map making contest 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Asasin will be entering :)

The map has been "started" for a while now but its quite a way from completion so im pretty sure im not cheatin :p

Altered Melee - LOTR Style - So i guess it goes in the "Other" Category, unless i misread somethin somewhere.

Now shoo im tring to work :?

Level 2
I have send an email before I saw that I should write here..

I'm gonna join this contest with three maps:

WoW Battlegrounds (Old kinda AoS map)

Pirates(a ship map unlike almost any other, goes in the other catagory)

Marines (a fun minigame I made over 4 days)

I won't send the maps yet as they all needs optimization..

-Soultaker

Level 5
Can i join on the TD front?
and maybe on an other style map but i dont know if i can finish that within time.
And whats the procedure? I have to mail the map within one month to Bob?

Level 12
Sorry I thought thread was locked, sent you an email first :p.

Im making a starcraft mod, basically Melee map but following starcraft/brood war exactly. It will be a 2v2 map.

Could I put that in the melee category, although its *altered melee* if not what category would that fall in?

EDIT: Also why dont you simply make the deadline end of february? Then you can announce winners at the beginning of March and make the map making thing a monthly thing start - finish.

Level 24
Fulla, well remember that well probably need about 12 days to score all the maps. So we should be anouncing at the start of Feb anyway. But then there could be extendtions. Also new maps can not be entered after the 15th so all entries must be in by the 15th (not maps, entries).

Fulla and Asasin, with the 2 altered melee maps they will count as melee as long as they don't have triggers in them.

I will add all of the new contestants now.

Level 24
I'm doing a Troll map, not sure if it's going to be campaign or cinematic though, but hey, I need SOME reason to use the troll race I was working on last week, I hope I can finish it with the other 2 maps I'm helping with lol.

Ok well make sure I no what catergory and have your name down by the 15th of feb since no new contestants will be aloud then.

Other Then because it Does have triggers....

......lots and lots of triggers

I'll just change you to Other then.

Ben(trs)

B

Ben(trs)

oh you know asasin850 lol me too, gotta respect him his a drunk =)

Level 7
Im not a drunk i jsut have alot of drinking stories!

What do you expect when you take a footy team, a bunch of alchoholic dads, give em tents, booze, food, and a barbeque, and dump them on a camp site next to teh beach FFS!

And to whoever said their making a troll map Asasin is making a troll campaign !! :D !!

Probably wont enter it since its not guna be nearly done tho....

Ben(trs)

B

Ben(trs)

lol asasin its me realist, and you just said on BNet your a drunky or something like that

Level 7
As long as you havnt stolen Asasins Idea for te Troll Wars Campaign

its actually a High Elven Campaign but the trolls are teh bad guys :?
Anyway Stop sending me off topic you KNOW im likely to get banned for spamming....i do everywhere else....

And realist i knew it was u u moron...

Level 18
asasin850 said:
Big Man... A Whole week... Im stunned... Your brain span lasts that long :p

Yeah I know, I have really shitty focus after the first 2 days normally, but if I don't lose my focus I can make an entire race or two in about a week. And the races would be completly balanced and perfected, no bugs or near none anyway.

Level 7
6 months is NOTHING...

ive been making my Wheel of Time map for over 5 years!!

Well technically its been about 7 different versions... but stfu!

The latest one (Which i shall win this competition with) is jsut pure pawnage tho cas when i tried the other 6 times i had NO experience in my belt...

Level 7
Thanks...thanks a FUCKING LOT!!

i decided to reread the series before i read 11 and im only up to 2!! WANKER!!!

but i knew she wasnt dead too so Fuck you :p

And ive released about 4 of the 7 but never spread them because they were all rpetty bad lol.

But now i have my own forum (Check it out in my signature...please...look at the screenies and ideas n shit :D) so im pressured to finish or be forever hated!

bountyhunter2

B

bountyhunter2

so bob when Itest the map where to puit my scoring? :?:

Level 1
just to be certain, i cannot submit a map that is not created from scratch.
so for example the Warhammer TD map would not be allowed because it is based on Wintermauls TD?

Level 2
I'm about to publish my map on some warcraft 3 files sites and stuff, but I read somewhere in here that I shouldn't do that?

I've already put a post on WC3Campaigns about my map, but that isn't really a download site..

Anyways.. could someone please inform me about this as I can't see it anywhere in the rules.

-Soultaker

Level 2
Ralle said:
if you want your map to be in this contest you may not publish it before the contest is over else you are disqualified.. I think that's the rule

Oh.. that sucks for me..

Then I can't use 2/3 of my maps because I showed them to the people of WC3Campaigns..

Really hope this can be solved somehow :cry:

-Soultaker

Level 3
I finally came up with the story for my campaign! I have been drawing blanks all week, but it finally hit me.
I'm not gonna spoil it, but it involves a reluctant hero and a ghost guiding him with threats of torment.

And quite possibly an abomination with multiple personality disorder (they are made from corpses of several people, after all).

SeasonsOfLove

S

SeasonsOfLove

varulf said:
I finally came up with the story for my campaign! I have been drawing blanks all week, but it finally hit me.
I'm not gonna spoil it, but it involves a reluctant hero and a ghost guiding him with threats of torment.

And quite possibly an abomination with multiple personality disorder (they are made from corpses of several people, after all).

Sounds awesome, varulf (This is BGBkstroke from the Mod Forge, the RotHE stalker)

Level 18
Bob27 said:
there is no time limit to cinemaitcs.

Cool, though I'm not sure if I have the time to do one as long as I'd like. but nevermind that. Six more heroes to make and i can get started lol :wink: .

varulf said:

Sounds cool.

I know what you mean about drawing blanks, I have the framework for my cinematic but the details just won't flow, with me my ideas either won't come or they come in a massive avalanche and I end up not finishing any of them :cry: .

Status
Not open for further replies.