• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Sorry about my double postage there Alagremm, I just got a little excited about my first possible project XD

And great, once I've finished writing it (I realised the themes are going to need to be about 5-6 minutes of material each) and mastering it, I'll post it up for download on here =)

Level 9
All Heroes

Alright I updated the spells to be more pwnage, I'm makeing the heroes incredibly powerful like they were supposed to be originally, they were leaders, not support people,also I am listing all heroes in this post to reduce spam, enjoy! :smile: (PS fully aware of the shaman being more like a summoner, I wanted it that way :D))

Arrakoa Talonpriest

Gust of Healing: A wind gusts in the chosen direction, healing nearby allies in the cone of effect

Terrok's Blessing: The Talonpriest caws out a prayer to Terrok, giving nearby allies his blessing increasing the attack speed and armor of the affected, and if they fall while under the effect they will be revived with half health

Sacrifice: The Talonpriest sacrifices a targeted Arrakoa to Terrok, regenerating the priests mana and health

Ultimate) Avatar of Terrok: Summons the Avatar of Terrok

Siphon Life
Siphon Mana
Roar
Dispel Magic

Elder Shaman

Extract Water Elemental: The shaman casts a brutal spell which dehydrates a target, friend or foe, and after it is a dead a water elemental is summoned from the extracted water

Restore Spirits: A spell which revives 2/3/5 fallen allies

Barrage of Fire: The Shaman channels the spirit of fire through his staff, melting his enemies, if the enemy dies while under this effect a minor/volatile/greater lava spawn will be summoned

Ultimate) Elemental Storm: Calling upon all the elements the Shaman summons first an Earth Elemental, if the Earth Elemental walls an Air elemental will take it's place, if the air element dies a water elemental arises, and lastly if the water element dies a fire elemental will be summoned

Gronn

Pummel: The Gronn goes into a temporary frenzy, gaining a +2/4/8 to strength and increased attack speed

Mass Rage: The Gronn invigorates all allies near him with a terrible rage, giving them all bloodlust

Hunger(passive): The Gronn devours everyone he kills, regenerate his health with every foe he slays

Ultimate) Bellow of Gruul: The Gronn screams out a warcry, causing the ground to shake, causing the ground around him to crack open, sending nearby units, both friend and foe, to their dooms in the cracks

Level 4
Alright I updated the spells to be more pwnage, I'm makeing the heroes incredibly powerful like they were supposed to be originally, they were leaders, not support people,also I am listing all heroes in this post to reduce spam, enjoy! :smile: (PS fully aware of the shaman being more like a summoner, I wanted it that way :D))

Arrakoa Talonpriest

Gust of Healing: A wind gusts in the chosen direction, healing nearby allies in the cone of effect

Terrok's Blessing: The Talonpriest caws out a prayer to Terrok, giving nearby allies his blessing increasing the attack speed and armor of the affected, and if they fall while under the effect they will be revived with half health

Sacrifice: The Talonpriest sacrifices a targeted Arrakoa to Terrok, regenerating the priests mana and health

Ultimate) Avatar of Terrok: Summons the Avatar of Terrok

Siphon Life
Siphon Mana
Roar
Dispel Magic

Elder Shaman

Extract Water Elemental: The shaman casts a brutal spell which dehydrates a target, friend or foe, and after it is a dead a water elemental is summoned from the extracted water

Restore Spirits: A spell which revives 2/3/5 fallen allies

Barrage of Fire: The Shaman channels the spirit of fire through his staff, melting his enemies, if the enemy dies while under this effect a minor/volatile/greater lava spawn will be summoned

Ultimate) Elemental Storm: Calling upon all the elements the Shaman summons first an Earth Elemental, if the Earth Elemental walls an Air elemental will take it's place, if the air element dies a water elemental arises, and lastly if the water element dies a fire elemental will be summoned

Gronn

Pummel: The Gronn goes into a temporary frenzy, gaining a +2/4/8 to strength and increased attack speed

Mass Rage: The Gronn invigorates all allies near him with a terrible rage, giving them all bloodlust

Hunger(passive): The Gronn devours everyone he kills, regenerate his health with every foe he slays

Ultimate) Bellow of Gruul: The Gronn screams out a warcry, causing the ground to shake, causing the ground around him to crack open, sending nearby units, both friend and foe, to their dooms in the cracks

Some great ideas but try and tame some of them down, particularly the reviving spells.
This is Warcraft III, the good game, not WoW where a single man can take out the entire Burning Legion. Heroes, though the leaders of their armies and intensly powerful with support from their troops, ARE still only one unit. They shouldn't be able to level an entire army single-handedly. If they could, you'd have people rushing online and the missions and Battle.net games would only last about 2 minutes. Like I said, look back to Warcraft III for reference. Though the heroes in that were tough and turned the tides in battle dramatically, they shouldn't be built as a one-man wrecking crew.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUSIC!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mwybynzeqjo/ArakkoaSampleTheme01.mp3

Here we are Alagremm, one of the four tracks I will write for the Arakkoa, should I get the part.

I might as well explain my choice of composing.

For all of the themes, I wanted to be able to relate them to the same races you see in WoW so I based alot of their themes heavily on their homelands (If you listen to the music for the Humans or the Orcs or the Undead in Warcraft III and then the music in the Undercity, Orgrimmar, Ironforge and Stormwind, you'll notice similarities). I was heavily influenced by the music of Terokkar Forest for this track but I also listened back to Matt Uelmen's (TF's origional composer) other work in Diablo II to gain a few other possible ideas. If you listen to this track and then to the music in Terokkar Forest, you should be able to at least pick up on the influence. However, I upped the percussion in this track to try and add a little pace to this otherwise heavily ambient piece. If you're worried about the slightly off-the-edge sound to this track then don't be, I know my theory or at least what works and not all of my tracks are this 'proggy'. However, I wanted to give the Arakkoa that slightly uneasy feel to them which is why I used a (I think) 6/8 timing, to make the music seem to play to a different pace to what you're comfortable with (4/4 timing, usually) so as to add that slight feeling of unease.

If I'm on board then GREAT! =D I'll work on the rest right away. If more convincing is needed then I shall compose my first track for the Ogres and put that up.

Last edited:
Level 4
Resurrection is an ultimate and it restores 6 allies. A normal spell can't and shouldn't resurrect 5. :/

1/2/3
Better.

@Cenurick_Druidhorn, I'm downloading it right now, didn't see your post.

I was going to suggest changing the quantity of ressurected allies to 1/2/3. And awesome Debode, let me know what you think!

Level 9
Important figures, yes. Character class? No. A warchief is a title given to a leader of the clan, not a class. Thrall IS a warchief, but in WC3, he is called 'Far Seer'. Most likely because having Warchiefs in melee would seem weird. And what would they say? 'Yes Warchief?'
I mean, in WC3, the actual warchief was the player. Plus there weren't really a unique clan\warchief for every battle, you know?
So yeah. Adding warchiefs is of course fine. But why wont you call them by their class\specialty instead? Like they did with Grom, Arthas, Thrall?

They ONCE wanted to add a Warlord hero, but ditched him due to gameplay reasons. Ever saw the 'slave master' unit? Yeah, that's your Warlord.

How is discussing gameplay(heroes) off-topic? So you're saying that basically everyone has to shut up and only Alagremm should post stuff, mainly decision he made and that currently the progress is halted due to lack of modelers?
Pfft. At least it seems that Alagremm realized now that just searching for modelers all the time wont do him his project(Triggers, terrain etcetera).
Hey Cenurick, those are pretty neat. I think they fit pretty well with our idea, although it's just my opinion. One word of advice, when you've got a sustained note, don't hold it for quite so long. I think this was the piece's only weak part.

Delayed Response!
There was another post there, genius. (@Debode)
I wasn't referring to those posts you seem to, with your godly powers of perception, know I must have been looking at, the ones that actually pertain to the main subject here. Wow, you must be a real super-human, knowing all that. By the way, who says that I'd prefer just Alagremm to post here? Once again, your godly powers of omnipotence come to the fore. Shall I now worship, you?

Once again, you wag your finger and your extremely high reputation at me, and you pretend to know what my opinion and thought-set are.. You're getting too big for your breaches, you know that? Plus, if you wanted to avoid an argument, I hope you've learned that you only fermented this one, wiseass. You have brought this down on yourself, o wise man.

Now seriously, I'm leaving this whole thing, project, thread, probably this site. I just can't tolerate the fact that you think you can just go crusading on my ass for a simple error in reading, and once again, another idiot falls into my psychological theory called the 'Internet lolz, we'll never meet anyway'. I know you'll be so pleased to hear this all, so don't even bother to post another lousy comeback to make me seem the fool. Later all, and good night.

Last edited:
Level 48
Ok, what's with all that Off-topic!
Alagremm, good to hear about the Old Ones.

What is off-topic above your post? Nothing. And you said "Alagremm, good to hear about the Old Ones" - but said "Off topic" to everything else. So yeah, you are basically saying 'Alagremm, talk, everyone else, shut up'. Anyways, this is getting off-topic and I really didn't want to come back to this thread for too long.
Cenurick, awesome music. I'd like to hear more from you. :)

Level 4
Hey Cenurick, those are pretty neat. I think they fit pretty well with our idea, although it's just my opinion. One word of advice, when you've got a sustained note, don't hold it for quite so long. I think this was the piece's only weak part.

Cheers, I shall bare that in mind =)
Like I said, not all of my tracks are like that and that piece did rely heavily on the ambience of the sustained notes else it would have become a little too jaunty for the Arakkoa. The other ideas I have for the featherbrains are quite different.

Cenurick, awesome music. I'd like to hear more from you. :)
Thanks! Like I said, if Allagrem approves then I shall be getting to work on the rest of the soundtrack or if he needs some more persuading then you can hear my first Ogre track once it's done. Either way, unless he outright says no, you'll be getting more from me soon ;D

Level 23
You dear to show me this so called music?! And you want me to approve it?! I will... I will... approve it! :D

Good job! It has this dark, mysterious touch of the darkness in the arakkoa race, this dark feeling of something great and ancient sturring in your mind, like a presence of darkness watching your every step...

You're on the team dude! ^^

Level 4
You dear to show me this so called music?! And you want me to approve it?! I will... I will... approve it! :D

Good job! It has this dark, mysterious touch of the darkness in the arakkoa race, this dark feeling of something great and ancient sturring in your mind, like a presence of darkness watching your every step...

You're on the team dude! ^^

Hazzah!! ^_^

Level 8
I know you guys havent heard from me in a while, and I regretfully have to inform you that I (obviously, as my absence and inability to complete tasks I assured you I could complete shows) have grown too busy to assist with the project. And now, looking back, it seems all I contributed to this were a few useless ideas for heroes and units that probably wont even make it to alpha stage.

Truly, I am sorry for wasting your time. And, all things considered, this seems to be an entirely self-serving post, as you all must've forgotten about me by now, and the newcomers most likely never having heard of me before.

Perhaps, after I spend some time on my own personal small-time projects, get some experience, and take hold on some things in my life, I may attempt to aid you in some way. 'Till then, I bid you adieu, and good luck with this ambitious and remarkable project.

Level 4
Ah well, fortunately, one of the scores I wrote managed to survive the tumult that became my life, and its about halfway done. With any luck, I may be able to finish it and re-edit it for the project.

I have competition! D:

Just kidding, I'm obviously VERY new to the project (only accepted as a member a couple of hours ago) so I wasn't around when you were but I mean I could finish off your work if you don't have time to? or you could finish it yourself and add it to the soundtrack, it doesn't bother me =)

Level 8
Actually, handing it over to you (and some other possible survivors, there could be up to three unfinished scores that weren't lost) sounds fitting, as I havent the time at the moment. Perhaps, after tuning the style and going over parts, etc, etc, I could allow you to finish them. However, I think the first I will try and finish myself.

Level 13
Nice job Alagremm, I've been lurking in this topic for a while and I'm quite impressed.

BTW, this is one of my ideas...
Look at Fire Barrage, I wouldn't be complaining in a normal situation, but he practically picked up everything, from the name to the theme, effects and spawn... :hohum:

Also, two on-death summons in a single hero?

Last edited:
Level 23
Okay people, now that we've got a composer, I think we need to discuss one thing that will affect the main menu theme. How will the main menu model look?

Back when we discussed this the last time, we desided to use Oshu'gun as the main menu model because it is how draenei got on Draenor, where orcs practised shamanism and what Gul'dan sealed so that orcs would become warlocks.

However the project is Fall of Draenor, so maybe we could change the concept for main screen? Though I like the idea of having Oshu'gun as main screen, we may want to do something else.

Level 16
Maybe Terokkar Forest, Shadowmoon Valley, Zangarmarsh, Hellfire Peninsula, Blade's Edge, or Karabor can be used as alternatives. However, since the project's name is "Fall of Draenor", which means that the ending will bring the end to Draenor, Hellfire Peninsula or Shadowmoon Valley, since it's the most desolate area on Draenor.

Level 9
Nice job Alagremm, I've been lurking in this topic for a while and I'm quite impressed.

BTW, this guy stole one of my ideas...

Look at Fire Barrage, I wouldn't be complaining in a normal situation, but he practically stole everything, from the name to the theme, effects and spawn... :hohum:

Also, thief, two on-death summons in a single hero? What's wrong with you?

I didn't see that, ever, and also that spell isn't exactly like mine, mine pretty much shoots fire from his staff and sets them on fire, yours is meteors falling from the sky, so why don't you ask about it before assuming that I've actually ever BEEN to wc3c.net!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Yo Grom, calm down a little. Though I trust you're right in saying you've never seen it before, the spells are awefully similar and Peppers has good grounds to assume it was his.

Also, would it be feasable to 5 different loading screens, one for each race's campaign, in the same way that each race has it's own campaign screen in RoC and TFT?

Otherwise, I personally think a map of Draenor on a scrool wouldn't look too bad =)

Level 9
Main menu screen... I would suggest maybe a sideways look at the place where the Dark Portal is with orcs and humans fighting in the background :D

Lemme go into big detail so you understand what I see in my head

OK, in wow the Dark Portal is on this alter like thing with a staircase and crap, in WoW the orcs and humans are united against the demons, but because this is back in wc1ish times there would be orcs and humans fighting each other, maybe put some draenei arrakoa and ogres fighting in the battle as well, all trying to get the dark portal, and like the RoC screen have infernals falling in the distance, but always on the right is a sideways look at the Dark Portal

Level 13
also that spell isn't exactly like mine, mine pretty much shoots fire from his staff and sets them on fire, yours is meteors falling from the sky
...setting them on fire. See? It's the same.

EDIT: But if it gets your balls so twisted I'll remove and replace it, dick
Tell me, why would you do that if the idea's yours? :razz:

To sum it up:
1. Same spawn
2. Same effect on the enemy units
3. Same element (Fire)
4. Same base spell (Parasite)
5. Same NAME!

Seriously, how can I believe you actually didn't see my spell?

And... even if it's your own idea, change its damn name and element, anyone who would play both maps will automatically assume one of us copied the idea from the other anyway if you leave it like this.

Last edited:
Level 9
...setting them on fire. See? It's the same.

Tell me, why would you do that if the idea's yours? :razz:

To sum it up:
1. Same spawn
2. Same effect on the enemy units
3. Same element (fire)
4. Same base spell (Parasite)
5. Same NAME!

Seriously, how can I believe you actually didn't see my spell?

And... even if it's your own idea, change its damn name and element, everyone who would play both maps will automatically assume one of us copied the idea from the other anyway if you leave it like this.

Otherwise, if you picked up my own idea (and that's what I think), why don't you just admit it? I'm not *that* possessive on my spell ideas.

For the last time I never saw the damn thing! And the reason why I would change it is because I looked at the link and was like wtf? so I was already planning on changing the name and element, and srsly I had no freaking clue about your spell, and also I never suggested parasite was the base spell, this is a MOD not a MAP, I was making a totally new spell off the top of my head, it was SUPPOSED to be an aoe that affected all targets in the area doing minor damage, if they were killed during the effect a minor fire elemental would be summoned, and I know I'm probably not going to convince you I never saw your spell, I'm just telling you the truth

Level 48
Okay people, now that we've got a composer, I think we need to discuss one thing that will affect the main menu theme. How will the main menu model look?

Back when we discussed this the last time, we desided to use Oshu'gun as the main menu model because it is how draenei got on Draenor, where orcs practised shamanism and what Gul'dan sealed so that orcs would become warlocks.

However the project is Fall of Draenor, so maybe we could change the concept for main screen? Though I like the idea of having Oshu'gun as main screen, we may want to do something else.

I love how you completely ignored Michael Peppers' post here.

Level 9
Ooo! Idea for main screen! How about it's the hand of Gul'dan, at first it is as it used to be, a pretty normal mountain, but then at like the middle of the loop sequence you start hearing the quotes from the black temple trailer

"Bear witness to the undeniable power of our dark masters!"
The mountain begins to tremble
"Don't do this Gul'dan!"
"You'll destroy us all!"
The mountain turns into the volcano

Watcha think?

Level 8
You said you liked the RoC Main Menu screen, so why not do something very similar, instead of an Orc flag, you make it a Draenei flag, and instead of having the battle field in a rainy plain, put it some where in Draenor?

Status
Not open for further replies.