• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Just completing one map takes a very large amount of spare time, and not least, dedication...
Attention to you and all other people who just piss on this:
Keep. Your. Bullshit. To. Yourself.

We don't want to see you angsting over "OH GOD IT TAKES SO LONG OH WAIT YOU ARE JUST GREEDY FOR MODELS LOLOLOLOLOL". Fuck that. Keep it on your own ass. This thread is for actual feedback. If you want to pester Al, then pester him instead of angsting and bullshitting everywhere.

[/rant]

Level 5
Attention to you and all other people who just piss on this:
Keep. Your. Bullshit. To. Yourself.

We don't want to see you angsting over "OH GOD IT TAKES SO LONG OH WAIT YOU ARE JUST GREEDY FOR MODELS LOLOLOLOLOL". Fuck that. Keep it on your own ass. This thread is for actual feedback. If you want to pester Al, then pester him instead of angsting and bullshitting everywhere.

[/rant]

:thumbs_up:

Level 16
In the world there are two types of leaders: cowards who say forward! and heroes who scream Follow me! Alagrem is one of the first type. Yeas he has a team but he isn't working on the project. We have no skinners, how do you want to make a mod without skinners?? This was going to fall shortly after it came up.

Level 9
While I can (SOMEWHAT) agree with your metaphor usage there, I'd have to say that the reason Fall of Draenor is really slowing down to a near-halt is because it's become understaffed.. half of you so-called 'project members' have taken a hiatus from the project for a number of reasons, and the other half just isn't active anymore :(

Al tried to get a skinner, if you hadn't noticed. And now we have one or two independent skinners actually helping out, last I checked. In addition, he's made it abundantly clear that he isn't a modeler or a programmer, some of the most basic and important roles the mod requires. Which is why your "absence" brings the project closer to it's demise.

He can't do those things himself, pretty much. The things that Al can do mostly depend on those other things I mentioned, which the staff contributes. Plus, why should he try to work hard if everyone would rather be off doing their own thing, but still want to be a staff member?

Think about it, guys. Please.

Level 17
Yes, there are plenty of skinners out there and plenty of coders, modelers, etc. But how many do you think are actually still interested in WC3? Or better yet, a massive campaign that requires full focus and determination? Fall of Draenor has not shown much progress to us and a lot of artists and other modders are put off by that. It isn't just as simple as stopping and recruiting.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Listen daddio, this project can be done by one man if he really has time to learn model and skin creation. The rest is just plank. Don't say that everyone is not interested if you're not. It's not about recruiting, though if payment is what some would want then that explains the motivation absence.

Level 5
I supported this project when it was still alive. I hoped it will be released and that it will be the most awesome thing so far....

...but SC II got released.
With advanced graphics, map editor and else, the Warcraft is slowly dying out. Not to mention the WC III project. So many people left WC III for SC II already that many maps and mods are abandoned....

...it's sad.

Level 16
And how do i see alagremm wasn't active since the last 2 or 3 pages wich means he's not interested in the mod. If he would he would do something to keep this thing alive, and if he is not who elshe should be??

Level 8
Pfff... This is getting pretty scary, cause if this will actually fail im going sad and then i will find and kill Alagremm, so i suggest you to wake up there wherever you are Alagremm! >:/

You're threatening to kill him over a modification project that he does in his own free-time? Crazy.

3 weeks doesn't mean it's failed. Heck, 3 months doesn't mean it's failed, just things haven't been going as smooth as he planned. Until Alagremm announces it is dead then it's still alive. Give him a rest, he said he had a nasty virus and is still recovering.

Level 18
Well.. Honestly it bores the hell out of me when i simply see new models and stuff, but i cant see any of the maps and stuff getting any kind of progress -.-'

Cause imo the models arent the most important as they could have temporary models until the models are made.

And yea.. Ofcourse im crazy, and also ofcourse i was serious about killing him :con:

Last edited:
Level 8
Well.. Honsetly it bores the hell out of me when i simply see new models and stuff, but i cant see any of the maps and stuff getting any kind of progress -.-'

Cause imo the models arent the most important as they could have temporary models until the models are made.

And yea.. Ofcourse im crazy, and also ofcourse i was serious about killing him :con:

Wow fuck off, don't tell me you'd seriously kill him over a fucking mod. Go do something with you're life.

Models are extremely important to a full-conversion modification, and maps are the easiest part.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You realize this is becoming a complaint thread. Also Alagremm does whatever he likes. I, we whatever want to see his demise written and this thread closed if he doesn't wish to continue. From now on, no more silly questions and posts.
Comprende ?

Level 23
Actually I havent been posting in this thread lately since I(seemingly correctly) was expecting people to begin flaming me.

And no, the mod isnt dead. HoS has been in development since 2003, yet no one said it was dead. I had little time lately, but let me assure you, I am working on the storyline and concepts for skills and models.

Speaking of concepts, I have a matter that you people could be of assistance in. The main character of the draenei campiagn is still not made and I had an idea of making Nobundo the main hero of the campiagn. I propose this since he seems to be an important person as he lead the defence of Shattrath. Would you want to see him as the main character?

Level 16
Deepblade shut up...Kingbdogz shut up...Garshilian shut up...
You're guys are so annoying!

To the Nobundo thing i think a mix of Akama, Nobundo,Velen(2,3 misions) also Vindicator Maraad and Karsius the Ancient Watcher could be used(they don't must be playable).

Level 18
Hmm.. Indeed. Hail to the Lorekeeper!
And King.. Just that i dont really care about things that people say to me or the things that they say about me, as i experience that in real life pretty much i mostly simply ignore these things, so there is no reason to apology.

Uhh.. And now i get more stuff like shut up and etc. also i was the one whining here, so dont blame others for the things i say here. -.-'

Wow, I haven't been around FoD for a long time.
Alagremm probably won't remember me...
But I've been reading the previous few pages. Guys, why is there so much arguing in this thread? Seriously, it's like a battlefield. Go to any other project thread, and there's no disputes. Let the man do his job.
And so what if progress is slow, so what if the project may die? Are you guys gonna cry like wimps? Why don't you let Alagremm work and kill your boredom and impatience by playing some SC2 and studying? Or do what I did, play a few hours of the Hive's DC maps.

Good luck on the project Alagremm. I hope people stop harassing you. Perhaps you can create your own hero for the lore. It's before WC3 and WoW, and Draenor gets exploded, so you can just say at the end of the campaign that the Draenei hero dies.

Offtopic: Um, also, I'm curious. Do mods EVER come in this thread? The amount of f words is astounding!

Level 8
Offtopic: Um, also, I'm curious. Do mods EVER come in this thread? The amount of f words is astounding!

I'm pretty sure swearing is allowed at the Hive as long as it's not too overboard. Come on, we're all gamers. Gamers swear, even the little 10 year olds.

Becouse those 3 begin silly discussions...Ah fuck the best way to have order is to shut up. So no more words from me.

I didn't "start" the silly discussion. I'm sorry, but I didn't know it was wrong to defend Alagremm after I thought he was being threatened because of his inactivity.

Level 17
kingbdogz, no. It isn't wrong to defend Alagremm from the hordes of impatient people who fail to comprehend the immensities and trials a campaign exhibits in its creation. But how could they understand? Have they ever created a fully-fledged campaign? No.

From now on, and I think Alagremm would very much appreciate this, if you don't have something productive or contributory to this modification, then don't say anything at all.

Level 21
A campaign doesn't take like a snap of fingers like most people say.
It takes time, so be patient.
Al and his loyalists will get back to this when they can.

So shut up and talk of something productive. Go read a book or play some other stuff.

Level 16
kingbdogz, no. It isn't wrong to defend Alagremm from the hordes of impatient people who fail to comprehend the immensities and trials a campaign exhibits in its creation. But how could they understand? Have they ever created a fully-fledged campaign? No.

From now on, and I think Alagremm would very much appreciate this, if you don't have something productive or contributory to this modification, then don't say anything at all.

I have created a campaign together with 2 guys in something about 2 weeks.

Level 17
I have created a campaign together with 2 guys in something about 2 weeks.
Was that campaign a complete modification? Complete, balanced new races with a complete new set of models, textures, UI, etc.? Five whole new campaigns with nine or so maps? Was that campaign even good? Who knows. But I doubt you recreated everything in just two weeks. Besides, I'm sure you were undisturbed and your team were fully committed to the campaign. But, nevermind. This is extremely off-topic and I honestly don't care about what you've accomplished, I only care what Alagremm and his team ARE accomplishing.

Back to the point, I wish you all luck on this mod. ^.^

JokeMaster, you're part of the team! Why the hell are you mocking Alagremm, when you're part of the freakin project?

Alagremm, if you read this post, perhaps you might think of just releasing a demo map. Nothing fancy. Just add like 1 race only and just a few basic systems to satisfy people's hunger and prove that there is progress. The map can be protected and like 2v2, and even if those damn nerds get deprotectors, if you add minimal(though not non-existent) content, they won' have much to steal from.

Level 16
Was that campaign a complete modification? Complete, balanced new races with a complete new set of models, textures, UI, etc.? Five whole new campaigns with nine or so maps? Was that campaign even good? Who knows. But I doubt you recreated everything in just two weeks. Besides, I'm sure you were undisturbed and your team were fully committed to the campaign. But, nevermind. This is extremely off-topic and I honestly don't care about what you've accomplished, I only care what Alagremm and his team ARE accomplishing.

Back to the point, I wish you all luck on this mod. ^.^

The campaign wasn't the best becouse the cinematics couldn't be skipped, we had some probems wirth the triggers and so but the rest was made. We were undisturbed coz we worked on vacation :p.

JokeMaster, you're part of the team! Why the hell are you mocking Alagremm, when you're part of the freakin project?

Piss of dude it's my thing what do i think...If you have a problem with it go and say it to your mommy...

Level 23
Seeing as this thread is active as never before, and even the mighty mod has visited us, I have to make this announcement.

FALL OF DRAENOR NEEDS GOOD MAPMAKERS FOR CAMPAIGN MAKING AND TESTING
Sorry, it took me so long to do this fellows.
Anyway, though I can terrain myself, a good playable map terrainer would be perfect. Mostly we need people who know how to work with GUI and perhaps JASS, as well as Object Editor, to test the techtrees.

Level 16
Seeing as this thread is active as never before, and even the mighty mod has visited us, I have to make this announcement.

FALL OF DRAENOR NEEDS GOOD MAPMAKERS FOR CAMPAIGN MAKING AND TESTING
Sorry, it took me so long to do this fellows.
Anyway, though I can terrain myself, a good playable map terrainer would be perfect. Mostly we need people who know how to work with GUI and perhaps JASS, as well as Object Editor, to test the techtrees.

Wanna se my Black Morrass??

Level 16
Here ya go:
(It was made in 3-4 hours and it has to be finished[Don't even look on the second map it's almost empty :p] but now i don't have enough time)

Attachments

• Moja1.w3n
    4.4 MB · Views: 101
Level 16
Arrakoa eggs feathers, sticks, broken wood/trees. and purple runes.
For ogres broken bones, chains teeth and stones you cann also add maces.Maybe a bit of blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.