• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft II: Human Campaign

「Warcraft II: Human」

By Helldoom

Gameplay
[tr][/tr]
A complete remake of Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness Human campaign. Featuring most of the old Wacraft II models, icons, music, sounds, cheats and many more.
You can play through the Campaign in the original setting, or from the first Mission you can set to advance with leader of the Alliance, who fight during the Second War.

Added an [Editor] version that can be opened with a simple World Editor.

Supported version: 1.26

Screenshots
[tr][/tr]
207947-albums7743-picture91391.jpg

207947-albums7743-picture91390.jpg

207947-albums7743-picture91393.jpg

207947-albums7743-picture91394.jpg

207947-albums7743-picture91392.jpg

Credits
[tr][/tr]
Blizzard Entertainment,
Red XIII - Most of the great Warcraft 2 models
AndrewOverload519 - Mage model
Ket - Church model
PROXY - Ogre Mage, Zeppelin models
supertoinkz - Human Transport, Orc Oil Tanker, Ogre models
Dmitry Rommel - Orc transport model
Mephestrial - Orc oil platform model
Kam - Gnomish submarine model
Tarn - Skeleton model
Tranquil - King cinematic model
MadseN - Cinematic Cannon model
RightField - Archdemon
Tauer - Orgrim, Gul'dan, Kilrogg model
Stefan.K - Khadgar, Turalyon, Zuluhed, Saurfang model
Mc ! - Alleria model
Ujimasa Hojo - Thoras Trollbane, Aiden model
TurieL - Brann model
apaka - Zul'jin
HerrDave - Rend Blackhand
Holy Crusader - Blackrock Blademaster (Maim) skin
Necrokenis - Teron Gorefiend model

Changelog
[tr][/tr]

- Adjusted enemy AI on some missions
- Balanced and fixed some spells, and unit properties
- Fixed several wrong sound outputs
- Fixed several tooltips, hotkeys and icons
- Fixed/Adjusted ranger scouting
- Minor unit property, ability fixes
- Fixed a potential crash on Mission V. due to the zeppelin going out of bounds
- Hero revive cost now depends on level
- Fixed minus starting hero defense
- Smaller spell fixes and balance adjustments
- Added playable Heroes throughout the campaign, it can be enabled/disabled on Mission I.
- Updated terrains, objects
- Fixes on spells, special attacks
- Updated some models
- Fixed Human barracks lumber cost
- Updated Ogre Mound model
- Adjusted sight ranges
- Smaller fixes
- Reworked the oil system, oil gathering should be more smooth and stable
- Removed jass codes, for possible better stability
- Fixed oil board not showing after reloading a save
- Fixed oil patches/platforms disappearing in some cases
- Fixed paladin heal auto-cast
- Enabled all missions to be playable from the get-go
- Replaced the ogre on Mission VII
- Fixed gold increments from 5 to 10
- Fixed the enemy's upgrading to max levels on Mission V
- Fixed Intro cinematics invisible cannons
- Fixed goblin zeppelins on several maps

Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Warcraft 2, Warcraft II, War 2, Human campaign, Tides of Darkness
Contents

Warcraft II: Human Campaign (Campaign)

Warcraft II: Human Campaign Editor (Campaign)

Reviews
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/stopcampingn00b/"]Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Warcraft II: Human Campaign by Helldoom RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 21/30 Terrain & Scenery: 14/20 Total Score: 35/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5...
Level 1
heyo i have an issue on the level 5 (the fourth mission after the first navy one) and my game crashes any idea how to fix it really eager to play this campaign

Level 20
human mission 4 is not loading... its a crash to desktop after blizzards latest patch... PLEASE i love your campaigns! im play the orc one now.... please please please fix human mission 4!!! :)
lol sorry, i thought this project was mine xDD
This campaign was created by Helldoom. Unfortunately the guy hasn't been active for a long time, and all the scripts are in JASS. I have no competence in jass, and i don't have any interests in this project here. Sorry.

Level 1
thats a real shame..... i understand people wanting to protect their work... but man this is terrible... the entire war2 human campaign is not accessible because of a bug on mission 4... im having such fun with the orc one :(

Level 20
That's
thats a real shame..... i understand people wanting to protect their work... but man this is terrible... the entire war2 human campaign is not accessible because of a bug on mission 4... im having such fun with the orc one :(
That's why I didn't protect my wc1 campaigns. I remember when i wanted to put my hands on them again to create hard mode and the new stuff i couldn't find them on my pc and i had to download them from thw to work on them again!

Level 1
Hey I encountered a Problem with the Campaign and it dosn't seem like anybody else has. For some reason the Game crashes everytime I try to start the 4 Mission. Is there any reason for this or any way I can fix it?

Level 1
Nice work.
Only Problem i have.
Act 1 Mission 4 everytime when i tried to start the Mission, the complete Game crushes

Level 28
Barracks cost 60 wood.
Farms have no sight range and are unselectable in fog of war.

Maybe have the original mission voiceovers play during the loading screen.

Intro:
The human music is still playing in the background.
The orcs in the ship have visible shadows on the water (maybe have the ships in that shot play their moving animations).

Last edited:
Level 28
Lothar has negative armor in the first few levels.
Lothar started with zero experience on the second mission despite having killed the grunts in the first mission. He kept his level and spells on the third one though.
Lothar's passive should use a different icon.
2000 GOLD TO REVIVE?!?!?!

Proudmoore has negative armor.
Why give both heroes the same basic spells?
Proudmoore should be amphibious if his aura affects ships, or some mechanic (load him on a boat?) that lets him keep up with ships to make his aura useful.

Last edited:
Level 6
Honestly, 2000 gold doesn't feel too crazy to revive a hero, keeping in mind a single peasant load of gold is somewhere between 100-120. A footman in WC2 is 600 gold.

Level 9
Didn't want to make reviving too expensive, but I guess 2000g is too low then. Though I made the revive time long, relatively, and tried to adjust that heroes are not too overpowered..at least in the beginning.
You don't get exp. on the first mission, as you don't even have to kill anyone there (I "had" to stretch out leveling through the missions, so you may not level up on certain missions).
I know heroes start with negative armor, which is due to the low stats I give them to be somewhat on par with other units. I may just change the starting armor to be not negative for heroes.
Proudmoore's passive should affect the whole map, so regardless where he is the ships should be buffed.

Level 28
^ huhu

Trying to repair a ship gets a "Unable to target Ancients" message.
Right-clicking an oil drop gets an "Error message missing" message.
Proudmoore can get his ultimate at level 3? Also, the spell should use cannonballs instead of fire.

Got two game crashes on the Tol Barad mission. During the same mission, there's a neutral/allied zeppelin flying around.

Last edited:
Level 5
What patch are you playing it on? It was made with 1.21, at least.

Im playing at 1.27 patch... it works fine... all im saying is that on the mission 2.... the loading screen does not show the warcraft 2 ToD old map of Lordaeron as well as the description of the mission in Tarren Mill.
It loads like an ordinary loading screen of a custom map gameplay

only on mission 2 though... the rest of the other campaign missions are fine

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Im playing at 1.27 patch... it works fine... all im saying is that on the mission 2.... the loading screen does not show the warcraft 2 ToD old map of Lordaeron as well as the description of the mission in Tarren Mill.
It loads like an ordinary loading screen of a custom map gameplay

only on mission 2 though... the rest of the other campaign missions are fine
Oh, I thought it didn't work at all, that level. This was saved on 1.21 and newer patches might not be quite compatible but from what I know 1.27 worked well with 1.21 maps.

Level 1
On both Orc & Human campaigns, when trying to repair ships I get a "Unable to target Ships" message.

Level 3
Hi,

I just found this campaign and started playing the other day - brings back so many fond memories - very good so far - I love the fact heroes are included! I spotted a few things while playing that I thought I should make you aware of in case you decide to do any more work on this campaign:

* Human Mission 2 is missing the startup splash screen where the mission briefing is meant to be displayed.
* Human Mission 3 has incomplete text at the startup mission briefing screen (the text just gets cut off - this may be a space limitation...).

One other oddity I found was when I completed building an oil rig - this odd howling sound started playing on loop - completing the mission fixed it - I haven't encountered it since but if i do I will do some more tests like loading and saving the game with it.

Thanks for making the campaign - as I play through it if I spot anything else I will let you know.

Level 3
I downloaded the update and the intro loading screen for map 2 is fixed. It seems the loading screens for Map 3 and Map 5 still don't have enough space to fit the entire briefing text....

Just an idea and this may not even be possible, but it it works it could solve the briefing text being cut off. In the initial loading screens once the load is complete, but before pressing any key to advance to the mission a music track starts playing - is this track editable, in the sense that can you choose what plays here before any keys are pressed to start the mission? If you can control what plays you could have the original Warcraft 2 voiced mission briefing play out - again apologises if this is not possible I'm not very familiar with the map editor so it may not even be something that can be done.

One more thing I noticed is there is a delay in game when a music track finishes and the other starts - is there just extra silence at the start and end of these music tracks?

Again great campaign am on mission 6.....

Last edited:
Level 9
I downloaded the update and the intro loading screen for map 2 is fixed. It seems the loading screens for Map 3 and Map 5 still don't have enough space to fit the entire briefing text....

Just an idea and this may not even be possible, but it it works it could solve the briefing text being cut off. In the initial loading screens once the load is complete, but before pressing any key to advance to the mission a music track starts playing - is this track editable, in the sense that can you choose what plays here before any keys are pressed to start the mission? If you can control what plays you could have the original Warcraft 2 voiced mission briefing play out - again apologises if this is not possible I'm not very familiar with the map editor so it may not even be something that can be done.

One more thing I noticed is there is a delay in game when a music track finishes and the other starts - is there just extra silence at the start and end of these music tracks?

Again great campaign am on mission 6.....

Hmm, I'm not experiencing the briefing text cut-offs. Not sure if it's a version problem or why you have them.

For the briefing, I never really thought of it, but it is a neat idea. It may be possible I need to check.

Level 3
Hello All,

I'm using version 1.30.4.11274 - its pretty much like cleavinghammer describes in that all the text is in the bottom right-hand side of the screen (the full screen length is not used). I'm playing at 1920 x 1080. I added a screenshot under my media - wasn't sure how else to get it displayed... Let em know if you can't see it or want more screenshots in some other way.

Level 9
Hello All,

I'm using version 1.30.4.11274 - its pretty much like cleavinghammer describes in that all the text is in the bottom right-hand side of the screen (the full screen length is not used). I'm playing at 1920 x 1080. I added a screenshot under my media - wasn't sure how else to get it displayed... Let em know if you can't see it or want more screenshots in some other way.

I re-checked with again with both old (v1.26) and new (v1.30). I didn't notice untill now, because I use older version for testing and it supports wide screen, which has more space to write out the briefing. The new version does not however, and displays as you posted, so that may need to be fixed.

Level 3
I found one minor thing while playing through yesterday, the tool tip for the human oil mining ships for the build icon is missing a description (when you hover over it just a blank box appears).

Level 28
Paladin healing prevents them from continuing a previous action (move, attack move, patrolling, or following units).

Peasants should use that thwacking sound when attacking.

Eye of Killrogg counts as a unit that needs to be killed to complete a level.

Tyr's Hand: repeatedly had a problem where single enemy units would wander around the map.

Alterac: Enemy attack waves accumulate in the base.

Kurdran's icon isn't greyed out when he's dead and he can be targeted by ground units (which might explain why his selection circle is on the ground and his flying height varies).

Last edited:
Level 28
Got a crash on Crestfall caused by, as far as I can tell, unloading a transport. As the level also has some weird coastal pathfinding, that might be the issue.
Crestfall has AI issues. On one attempt they kept sending attacks, on another they didn't send anything at all (accumulating in their base) until I started attacking, at which point they started sending ships and units at me.

Zeppelins aren't mechanical.
Flying Machines can be attacked by submerged units.

Blackrock Spire loading screen: eading -> Leading [and Northeron -> Northern] Huh, apparently it really is Northeron. G R R Martin has a competitor in unimaginative place names.
Got a crash (well, freeze) on Blackrock Spire. I suspect this was due to the simultaneous use of twelve Gryphon Rider attacks though. And another one for no visible reason.

Saw an Ogre-Mage plant mines in response to an attack and the rest of the army get blown up by them (an attack by gryphons, so they couldn't have done anything anyway). Still not as funny as the Ogre-Mage who planted mines on his own position before attempting to scurry away.

No Kurdran or Proudmoore on the final mission?

Muradin's Avatar's tooltip says Kurdran.

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately I've been away for awhile now, and will be for a some time. Hopefully when I get back I can get myself some time to look at the issues.

I didn't notice crashing with transports with units, weird. I'll have to check it out when I get back.

On note of the AI, I think I know some of the issues, though I might need to remake the AI scripts for that. The AI transportation can get stuck as well unfortunately, as it is hard to make them travel across the see to attack.

Level 28
I think I sank a full transport once without crashing.

Few more:
Demolish doesn't affect the Dark Portal.
Giving Turalyon Lothar's ultimate means he's down one skill point at level 10, maybe give him the spell in addition to Holy Light (or Crushing Wave instead, which is a lot better).
Khadgar has no death icon.
The howling platform bug is back, this time triggered because the tankers tried to get to a shipyard they couldn't reach and wouldn't drop their oil., the howling starts whenever a full tanker goes into the platform.

Level 10
The game crashes sometimes when I select a unit group that... is near north border?
Or too far from the current camera position?
Can't recreate the bug to confirm, so I'm not sure. But it happened twice for me.

Upd:
Maybe it's not about selection.
Found the way to recreate this (or some similar) bug.
1. Start "Mission 7 - Grim Batol".
2. Immediately select Transport ship.
3. Move it to the north border.
4. The game crashes.

Also I think the same thing happened to me with flying machine.

Last edited: