• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft : Humans

As the name says, this is a pure remake of what the glorious Warcraft: Orcs & Humans used to be and is. For all of those who would like to play back Wc1 with the style, the graphic and the interface of Wc3.

Features:
- Dual Single Player campaign: Play as Orcs or Humans and unveil their respective plots in 12 missions of real old Warcraft atmosphere.
- Old original warcraft music brought back and plaid stage by stage as the original soundtrack order was set.
- Old spells recreated. From the Necrolytes' "Unholy Armor" to the knee-dropping Warlocks' "Cloud of Poison".
- Accurate remake of the old levels' geography. Every single corner of all maps has been pasted to the wc3 engine!
- Artificial Intelligence perfectly re-created comparing the old ones. You'll incredibly feel exactly like playing against the original AI!
- All old units recreated. Raiders, "imba" catapults, Spearmen, summoned units and more!!
- Every units' stats same as how they were in the old game: from the "Crystal-fragility" of the Skeletons to the "Tank-resistance" of the Daemons.
- Intro briefings displayed as in-mission cinematics that will display a brief preview of your forces and some of the enemy.
- New plot explanations. Indoor stages have the addition of a longer intro-briefing displaying interesting(non-canon) chat between characters. Also, hit the "mission objective" button in each mission to read more curiosities about the storyline.

ok ladies and gentlemen, i'm happy to announce, after almost 6 years from the release, the big
UPDATE

CHANGE LOG

GENERAL:

- Both campaigns now lighter: 88,7 MB together against the previous ones' 120+ MB
- Fixed the campaign buttons not showing after completing each mission WITHOUT CHEATS! Thanks and sorry to all the (honest)players who reported.
- Fixed a bug that caused Summon Spiders/Scorpions to Summon Daemons/Elementals instead
- Fixed a bug which didn't let the player win and move to the ending after completing the last map in both campaigns.
- Fixed the AI Raise Dead spell, now working.

GAMEPLAY:

- Units selection limit(4) restored to normal(12), by popular demand.
- Just like in the original wc1, a voice will inform the player about enemies approaching the base
- Walls now buildable from the Town Hall; system created by Mechanical Man.
- Fixed(by Mechanical Man) a bug which "teleported underground" a worker unit when denied to build too far from the base.
- Revised and changed ALL UNITS' hit-points, armor and damage(original wc1 stats data and game mechanic studied and deeply explained by Clownboss here This game is so old it's not funny. - Warcraft: Orcs & Humans Message Board for PC - Page 2 - GameFAQs)
Now, because wc3 can't really handle the system explained in the link, i had to change stats repeatedly, test and tweak around. You'll see units with incredibly high gap of difference in armor, but still loyal to the old game. Also, because of the fact(as you can read in the link above) that every wc1 unit had a 20% chance of missing their target, i had to give every unit a 20% evasion ability called "Fortitude".

AESTHETIC:

- Swapped the "swampy" maps tileset from Lordaeron Fall to Dalaran Ruins.
- With the exception of buildings, the whole game interface is now entirely customized with Wc1 icons(units, unit commands, spells, etc), created by myself.
- All intro and outro cinematics adjusted and improved.
- All briefing cinematics are now voiced by Bill Roper sounds(as in the CD version of wc1)
- Removed Ferris/Trespus and Zeke/Shivat from briefings and replaced with nameless Grunt/Paladin
- Forced both humans and orcs victory screens to their RoC versions.
- Revised and corrected ALL tooltips and extra dialogues in the game.
- New(and much much lighter) loading screens for every mission, created by me using artworks by Samwise from the wc1 manual, plus few others.
- New loading screens for all intros/endings and for campaigns' main screen.
- New models for:
Humans:
Archer(kitabatake), Knight(loktar), Catapult(AndrewOverload519), Conjurer(loktar), Cleric(retextured from DoC by loktar), Barracks(retextured from DoC by loktar), Mill(retextured from DoC by loktar), Stable(Mike), Blacksmith(retextured from DoC by loktar), Church(Ket), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Orcs:
Spearman(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Necrolyte(by kam), Warlock(Loktar), Blacksmith(REDXIII), Temple(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Barracks(retextured from DoC by Loktar), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Neutrals & Others:
Fire Elemental(Alfredx_sotn), Skeleton(HerrDave), LogBridge(Mephestrial), Bandit Crossbowman(Wandering Soul), plus another model from Deolrin which i'm not telling because.....spoilers. ;)

Now I guess it's time for the most important part, the main event, the new

HARD MODE

Every map in the game now has a Dialogue Box system(created by 3ICE) that allows you to choose between NORMAL and HARD mode.
WHAT DOES THE HARD MODE DO:
The hard mode drastically modifies the whole game.
All missions have transitions between day and night.
When playing as humans, orcs will strike with more aggressiveness during the night, while the opposite happens when playing as orcs.
Don't relax even when playing the first missions, as the Hard mode will render them more difficult(and interesting) to play!
Completing a map in Hard Mode will unlock the Hard Mode level for the next one.
In addition(finally we're here), the Hard mode will unlock new BONUS OBJECTIVES in each map. Completing a bonus objective will unlock a new ability for a specific unit which will carry-over the rest of the campaign(only in Hard Mode). Completing ALL of the Bonus Objectives will unlock a special objective in the last map(Blackrock Spire/Stormwind Keep), which, if accomplished, will unlock a secret intro which will lead to 2 bonus maps(for each campaign) and a bonus finale at their completion.
The bonus maps are sub-plot missions following the aftermath of the first war for both Lothar and Garona.

Project is now on
PATCH v2.8

Ver2.8 CHANGE LOG:

- Under permission of @loktar , i'm using his Wc1 models to enrich the remake. Unfortunately not all of the models have been remade yet. The missing ones are the Kennel and the orc Blacksmith.
The renewed models include all human and orc structures, Grunts, Raiders, Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Necrolytes(+attack and Dark Vision effect), Clerics' Holy Lance attacks effect, Conjurers, Scorpions and more.
- To celebrate the 10 years of this project, both Orcs & Humans secret campaigns will be unlocked from the beginning!
- New Hint messages will be displayed during Orc secret map 1 for the player to better understand how to exploit the "allegiance" mechanic, and to quickly acknowledge Garona's new abilities. Same will go for Lothar's secret map 1.
- Conjurer's Comet Strike attack effect has been changed into "howl", so any enemy unit struck will suffer a brief penalty to their attack damage. This ability may work or may not, but as before, who's relying on Conjurer for base defense or attack, anyway?
- Clerics/Necrolytes attack range reduced from 200 to 150, but upgrade from Bonus Objective will now increase their range by +150 instead of +100.
- AI attack waves in most maps were too short in Hard mode and too long in Normal mode. A rebalancement has been made.
- Human secret map 1 will also go through some changes:
First off, autocast function for Cleric Healing spell has been disabled here. Now, as in the previous version of the map, the player is forced to manage his gold on a limited amount of upgrades. In v2.8, this management will carry over to the next map. Furthermore, if you manage to let the Conjurer survive the first map, he will come with you in the second map. Also, if you decided to research the Rain of Fire for him in the previous map, the research will carry over to the next map as well. Any research that has NOT been made in the first map will NOT be available in the second map.
- Fire & Water Elementals, Spiders & Scorpions will now have all Chaos attacks(only get a 1.20 damage ratio over Large Armor type).
- Reworked bonus objective dynamic for human map 9: now losing Catapults or Scorpions to enemy Catapult attacks will not cause the secret objective to fail.
- Fixed some cinematic issues
- Several building sizes and ground textures reworked, in order to accomodate new models.
- Catapults damage has been reworked: now the Catapult will inflict its full damage on direct hit, while 60% of damage will spill in the surrounding area, in a cluster radius of 9 units like warcraft 1 & 2.
In this way only the heaviest units(such as Knights/Raiders, tier 2 summons and other Catapults) will survive the splash damage. This should also prevent Knights/Raiders from getting killed by a quick-lob glitch caused by Catapults firing right at the edge of their minimum attack range.
A mention has to be made towards the damage mitigation system in Warcraft 3, which works on percentage absorption rather than nullifying single numerical units. A Knight/Raider in this remake has a standard defence of 15, which absorbs 47% of damage. This percentage goes up by 4 for each of the two Shields upgrades, so you can guess how it further goes to inflict towards Catapult damage.
- Switched Lothar's Shield Bash ability with Shockwave: deals 50 damage over a straight line at the cost of 50 mana(like "Roar") with 10 seconds cooldown. This should also prove useful in the Human secret map 2, as the Shield Bash was only useful to snipe enemy Catapults, plus with the risk of Lothar getting stuck between obstacles due to a bug from the spell system.
- Added Donations Button down below so if you feel superkind, and think this guy here has well-spent over 10 years in creating and perfecting this remake for you to play for free, any donation would be super appreciated! :) ^^

PATCH v2.6

Ver2.6 CHANGE LOG:

- Repositioned enemy units in some maps to prevent a very little(yet possible) chance for AI units from getting stuck there while attacking in a big balled-up fashion.
- Timer for Hard mode on map 10 increased from 6 to 10 minutes.
- Starting base and tech in map 12 reduced when Final bonus objective is unlocked to give the adequate difficulty for its completion(was brain-dead easy).
- Rain of fire/cloud of poison: Damage of each wave reduced from 18 to 13, decreased number of waves from 4 to 3, decreased building resistance to the spell from 25% to 0%, increased mana cost from 28 to 30.
- Human Catapult collision side reduced. It should avoid other Catapult hits now.
- Upkeep removed
- Damage of Chaos/Magic attack type decreased from 1.30 to 1.20 on heavy armors.

PATCH v2.4

Ver2.4 CHANGE LOG:

- Clerics cooldown attack speed increased from 0.30 to 0.35
- Necrolytes cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.30 to 0.25
- Warlocks cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.70
- Conjurers cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.65
- Fixed a bug that prevented losing a bonus quest in human mission 9
- Conjurers' "Comet Strike" ability should now work normally
- Fixed building refund that was giving +25 wood everytime a Tower was placed beyond limit(both campaigns)

PATCH v2.2

Ver2.2 CHANGE LOG:

- Archer/Spearman cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.85 to 0.75
- Archer/Spearman projectile's speed increased from 2400 to 3000
- Water Elementals cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.90 to 0.75
- Water Elementals projectile's speed increased from 1400 to 2000
- Daemon cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Skeleton(both types) cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- All Cavalry and infantry melee units(spellcasters excluded) cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.60 to 0.50
- Scorpion and Spider cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Slime cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Ogre cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Fire Elemental cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.70 to 0.65
- Adjusted enemy summonings on level medium in advanced/final missions
- Enemy units training in missions 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 and 12 delayed and slowed down in both medium and hard modes
- Forced Catapult periodic training for AI in map 6 and 9 to accomodate Hard Mode Bonus achievement
- Fixed enemy casters waypoints in map 11
- Footmen Deflect ability set back to deflect projectiles(was disabled).
- Conjurers' Comet Strike ability has now "Storm Hammers" effects.
- Fixed Comet Strike ability that appeared as researched in some missions in Normal mode.
- Adjusted Ogres to the left side in the second part of mission 4.
- Corrected Armor Upgrade tooltip.
- Adjusted log-bridges height in swampy maps

TO PLAYERS

- Hard mode and Bonus objectives have been tested. They are working 100% and are accomplishable even without cheats; so thanks in advance to all players who will play this remake as it should be.
- Bonus objectives are easier(most of them are possibile only) if you have achieved bonus goals in previous missions, so that the abilities you carry-over may save the day.
- Please notify me of ANY bugs, and i will fix them straight away.
- DO NOT attempt to sell, distribute or whatever idea comes in your mind about this remake(expecially claiming it your own)!!!!!!
- Enjoy FOR FREE my 8 years-long work!
- PLEASE SHARE THE TRAILER!!

Remember: this project took me 8 years. My very first goal was to play it myself, then as it started to take shape I also figured I could gladly share it with the Warcraft 3 community to show them all my passion for the classic games! So, if you want to be super generous and kind, please donate. ;)
Very much appreciated! ^^

Keywords:
warcraft orcs humans remake campaign update enhanced
Contents

Warcraft : Humans (Campaign)

Reviews
17:50, 2nd May 2016 StoPCampinGn00b: This set of nostalgic missions are exactly what the description advertises - the remake of WarCraft 1 (Humans) in WarCraft 3. It's great, accurate, and innovative in its changes which won't turn people off...
Level 14
Perenolde.........

Could you hijack and fix the major issues in the Warcraft 2 campaigns and give credit since no one else will fix the major issues. Especially the Oil resource and rigs disappearing on save games.

Or make your own version thnx bubby <3

Level 2
I'm enjoying playing through this. I find the original Warcraft four units in a group limit to render the game unplayable, so I'm glad there is now a mod that recreates Warcraft 1 in Warcraft 3 without forcing the use of that ridiculous restriction. So far I've just beat Chapter 9. A few notes:

- I found Chapter 7 to be absolutely impossible to beat on Normal difficulty. Lots of saves, and triple that amount of reloads, and I still had to cheat to get past it. Is Chapter 7 intended to be that insanely hard?
- Aren't there supposed to be Optional Quests? Not a single map has any Optional Quests in the quest log. If they're there, please put them in the Quest Log.
- Any chance of adding an Easy mode? Because of Warcraft being only the second RTS, they had no idea of what RTSs should be, and made the game way too difficult. I understand you're trying to recreate that, but by the standards of RTSs since, Warcraft is just far too difficult, at least for my liking.

After the intense difficulty of the past few chapters, I'm glad for how easy Chapter 9 was. I've read in the past couple of pages that Chapters 11 & 12 ramp up the difficulty. Yay.....

But what I can say is that you've done a magnificent job with this campaign. Absolutely fantastic.

Level 20
Perenolde.........

Could you hijack and fix the major issues in the Warcraft 2 campaigns and give credit since no one else will fix the major issues. Especially the Oil resource and rigs disappearing on save games.

Or make your own version thnx bubby <3

I have no idea on how to fix anything regarding anything that i didnt' do; expecially particularly coded stuff like that third resource.
However, if i'm ever going to do a remake on wc2(as i said before) it will be about the orc campaign of Beyond the Dark Portal(my favourite above all) but i'm not sure either.

I'm enjoying playing through this. I find the original Warcraft four units in a group limit to render the game unplayable, so I'm glad there is now a mod that recreates Warcraft 1 in Warcraft 3 without forcing the use of that ridiculous restriction.
As said in the update log, i got rid of that by popular demand. However, the original warcraft was meant to be like this for its AI working at the same manner. It would have been a joke to put together as many units as you want, send them to attack, go get a coffee, and seeing the "victory" screen on your return. Unfortunately there was no way to actually force a 4-units selection(except via triggers, but still avoidable by clever players), otherwise i had that done.

So far I've just beat Chapter 9. A few notes:
- I found Chapter 7 to be absolutely impossible to beat on Normal difficulty. Lots of saves, and triple that amount of reloads, and I still had to cheat to get past it. Is Chapter 7 intended to be that insanely hard?
What's so insanely hard with that? yet on NORMAL??

- Aren't there supposed to be Optional Quests? Not a single map has any Optional Quests in the quest log. If they're there, please put them in the Quest Log.
Optional quests are available only in Hard mode.

- Any chance of adding an Easy mode? Because of Warcraft being only the second RTS, they had no idea of what RTSs should be, and made the game way too difficult. I understand you're trying to recreate that, but by the standards of RTSs since, Warcraft is just far too difficult, at least for my liking.
I was actually thinking of slightly slightly slightly decrease the interval between the "AI" attack waves, to be honest. Except the 11th and 12th maps of course.

After the intense difficulty of the past few chapters, I'm glad for how easy Chapter 9 was.
See? Perhaps i should do it.

I've read in the past couple of pages that Chapters 11 & 12 ramp up the difficulty. Yay.....
I did reduce the difficulty for those level already, shortly after those feedbacks.

But what I can say is that you've done a magnificent job with this campaign. Absolutely fantastic.
Thank you very much. ehm.........about a +rep? ^^' and a 5/5 maybe? Or even a 4/5 would be lovely. Please? ^^'

Level 2
As said in the update log, i got rid of that by popular demand. However, the original warcraft was meant to be like this for its AI working at the same manner. It would have been a joke to put together as many units as you want, send them to attack, go get a coffee, and seeing the "victory" screen on your return. Unfortunately there was no way to actually force a 4-units selection(except via triggers, but still avoidable by clever players), otherwise i had that done.
Yes, I remember trying a Warcraft 1 campaign remake in Warcraft 3, but as soon as you selected more than 4 units at a time it would automatically deselect. Perhaps that was this campaign?

What's so insanely hard with that? yet on NORMAL??
Enemy constantly sends waves from two different directions at such regular intervals, more or less right from the beginning, that there's not really time to build up a suitable defence. And as soon as they start sending catapults on a regular basis, forces just get annihilated. Perhaps it's just not a good idea to rely purely on Knights?

Thank you very much. ehm.........about a +rep? ^^' and a 5/5 maybe? Or even a 4/5 would be lovely. Please? ^^'
Sure thing on both counts, this campaign certainly deserves 4/5 for your lovely work. :)

Thank you for the replies. :)

Level 32
This set of nostalgic missions are exactly what the description advertises - the remake of WarCraft 1 (Humans) in WarCraft 3. It's great, accurate, and innovative in its changes which won't turn people off. It's not 'the' replica in WC3, but it's a full on conversion unit stats, cinematics, sounds, and all. There could be more sounds taken from the game to get the atmosphere better, such as the original reign of fire spell, though. There's plenty of file size space to spare for future add-ons.

Yeah, the gameplay could get slow especially when trying to find the last orcish stragglers to pick off, but that's how WC1 is and I find it as a non-issue for gameplay design. I personally give no shame to those who use iseedeadpeople after killing the bases :)

There are no glaring issues with the campaign nor any major bugs. The occasional misspelling or uncomfortably more difficult mission is the lowest it gets. One specific nit-pick is that normal armor has the description of medium armor, and medium armor is used in the game (Medivh).

The visuals we're decent, but also could've had a more retro look if you looked for some custom tiles, trees, or projectile effects for flash. Nothing wrong here, but could be cooler and more visual "happy".

Overall, this is a successful remake is an entertaining one and after all the work over the past few years shown in this thread, it now deserves a 4/5.

PS. Holy fucking Catapult AoE killing 6 of my bunched units! Also, get rekt Sauron.

Level 3
On the topic of those god damn Catapults that are as much of an danger if those are on the enemy side or our side, I have a question regarding the Black Moras Hard Mode optional mission.

The mission requires to not get a hit from a Catapult. But couple of times I got hit by those 255-dmg-per-hit bastards and the quest didnt fail. Is this a bug or if we let hit our guys with it the quest will wave our failure to our faces at the end of the mission or something I am missing?

Also off topic - When will the Ork campaign be finished? Humans stinks :thumbs_up:

Level 20
On the topic of those god damn Catapults that are as much of an danger if those are on the enemy side or our side, I have a question regarding the Black Moras Hard Mode optional mission.

The mission requires to not get a hit from a Catapult. But couple of times I got hit by those 255-dmg-per-hit bastards and the quest didnt fail. Is this a bug or if we let hit our guys with it the quest will wave our failure to our faces at the end of the mission or something I am missing?

HMMMMMMMMM!! Nobody told me about it, and i thought it was up and running.
Thanks, in the mean time carry on. Humans stinks, ikr. Not my favourite campaign anyway.
Orcs are coming now.

EDIT: Spotted! The trigger condition was set only for player red's catapults, which means that if player teal's catapults hit you(as it happened to you) the opt quest won't fail. Still there is a chance for it to fail if red's catas would hit you. :p Well, i fixed it, but i'll update it later for future players.
Thanks again for the find. +rep.

Level 20
Project is now on
PATCH v2.4

Ver2.4 CHANGE LOG:

- Clerics cooldown attack speed increased from 0.30 to 0.35
- Necrolytes cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.30 to 0.25
- Warlocks cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.70
- Conjurers cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.65
- Fixed a bug that prevented losing a bonus quest in human mission 9
- Conjurers' "Comet Strike" ability should now work normally
- Fixed building refund that was giving +25 wood everytime a Tower was placed beyond limit(both campaigns)

- PLEASE SHARE THE TRAILER!!

Level 5
This is INDEED Orcs and Humans Campaigns...

Only there is just one small flaw, in my taste...

LOTHAR'S VOICE...

Seriously bro...
How could Sir Anduin Lothar, founder and leader of the Alliance, and one of the greatest and most noble human characters in the Warcraft lore, have the sound unit voice of Garithos, the biggest asshole scumbag human in the whole Warcraft story?

Level 20
This is INDEED Orcs and Humans Campaigns...

Only there is just one small flaw, in my taste...

LOTHAR'S VOICE...

Seriously bro...
How could Sir Anduin Lothar, founder and leader of the Alliance, and one of the greatest and most noble human characters in the Warcraft lore, have the sound unit voice of Garithos, the biggest asshole scumbag human in the whole Warcraft story?

I needed a voice that sounded military, commanding, direct, authoritary. Have you ever heard Lothar's true voice? I haven't, in no warcraft. And i BET it doesn't sound like a Paladin, if that's what you want to allude to.
"We humans must stay together" sounds also of the right spirit.
"Founder and LEADER of the alliance"???? dafuq you smoked bro? Lothar persuaded other leaders to put their differences aside(if i recon right), but Terenas was the founder of the alliance of Lordaeron. Lothar was "just" the supreme commander of the allied FORCES.
Leave Garithos, ffs.

EDIT: Also, look at Lothar's portrait, in both original and remade wc1: it looks kinda pissed to say the least. Fierce, yet pissed. Not for nothing he was known as "The Lion of Azeroth"(gotta love dat roar ability!).

Level 5
Well apparently in the orig game of Warcraft:Orcs and Humans..
All human units have only one sound unit voice, same goes for orc side..
Regardless..

In a manner of speaking, Lothar IS indeed the (or, at least, one of the) founders of the Alliance since well, he is the one from Stormwind survivors that warned everyone about the orcs... And at some point, he is quite considered as the leader as well... Somehow, in a way, BOTH King Terenas and him are the main leaders of the Alliance...
In the cancelled game of Warcraft Adventures; even Zuljin addressed Lothar as the "Leader of the Alliance"...

"Lothar persuaded other leaders to put their differences aside" - I dont understand this one... Before the coming of the orcs, each of the human kingdoms, dwarves and high elves never had any quarrel between one another of some sort... They are just separate independent kingdoms to one another but it does not mean that they are unfriendly to one another or something...

Still, in terms of character profile, Garithos is still, well, what Ive said he is... but its completely irrelevant now...

Nonetheless... You did gave a good reason why you chose Garithos voice... You have a point there...

Excellent job with these updated campaigns.. 6/5
Someone already made Warcraft 2:ToD remake in here...
And OutsiderXE has his campaigns for 3 good Warcraft novels...

By any chance, do you like have some plans to make, well maybe, Warcraft 2: BtDP campaigns?

Level 20
Well apparently in the orig game of Warcraft:Orcs and Humans..
All human units have only one sound unit voice, same goes for orc side..
You mean you preferred my remake to be single-voiced for all units?
Do you have any idea of how plain it would have been? I already had complains for the barren terrain back in 2010 when i released the beta. Had to tweak around by placing bushes, flowers, fog and stuff. But seriously, you can't be...serious on this.

In a manner of speaking, Lothar IS indeed the (or, at least, one of the) founders of the Alliance since well, he is the one from Stormwind survivors that warned everyone about the orcs... And at some point, he is quite considered as the leader as well... Somehow, in a way, BOTH King Terenas and him are the main leaders of the Alliance...
Lothar was put in charge of leading the human armies. Leader? Yes, if we consider that a true leader is always in the front line. I agree on the last row, but, ironically, your own "In a manner of speaking" anticipates me on the whole argument's idea.

In the cancelled game of Warcraft Adventures; even Zuljin addressed Lothar as the "Leader of the Alliance"...
Even though, as you said, it is a cancelled game, what clue could Zuljin had of Lothar or the whole alliance in general? As best smart as a troll can be, i guess he was judging by his own point of view without any idea that would clearly state it.

"Lothar persuaded other leaders to put their differences aside" - I dont understand this one... Before the coming of the orcs, each of the human kingdoms, dwarves and high elves never had any quarrel between one another of some sort... They are just separate independent kingdoms to one another but it does not mean that they are unfriendly to one another or something...
Dwarves, Gnomes and elves where not part of the alliance before the coming of the horde. Afaik, Gilneas has always been on a neutral side(somehow like switzerland). Plus, I don't remember where i read this, but Alterac was having constant territorial dispute, or political interferences, with its neighbor Stromgarde. The Alliance of Lordaeron was somewhat tense and hard to keep together. True to this, it slowly collapsed shortly after the second war, with Stormwind back in Azeroth, Alterac destroyed, :( Gilneas still neutral, and Stromgarde out for Terenas' subsequent decisions, unaccepted by Trollbane.

Still, in terms of character profile, Garithos is still, well, what Ive said he is... but its completely irrelevant now...
I understand and 100% agree, but, as i said, it doesn't matter even a little here.
I also find tremendously appropriate the Necromancer's voice i gave to Necrolytes, or wait until you hear Garona's voice...... :9

Nonetheless... You did gave a good reason why you chose Garithos voice... You have a point there...
I'm happy i didn't have to start a flame war on that. Thank you.

Excellent job with these updated campaigns.. 6/5
Daarrrnn, if only that 6/5 could be real. Wait, you can still thumb up a 5/5 rating, can you? ;)

Someone already made Warcraft 2:ToD remake in here...
Incomplete and still with a buggy 3rd resource. Something I will never be able to do, unfortunately.

By any chance, do you like have some plans to make, well maybe, Warcraft 2: BtDP campaigns?
I said it many times: if there would ever be a campaign i'd like to remake of wc2, that is the BtDP orc one, my favourite above all Warcraft saga. However, this game's community is still quite strong, i see, but considering that i spent 8 years between this remake creation and its update i strongly dubt i will ever start another project on my own. I would be much more motivated on a teamwork.

Level 5
You mean you preferred my remake to be single-voiced for all units?
Do you have any idea of how plain it would have been? I already had complains for the barren terrain back in 2010 when i released the beta. Had to tweak around by placing bushes, flowers, fog and stuff. But seriously, you can't be...serious on this.

Dwarves, Gnomes and elves where not part of the alliance before the coming of the horde. Afaik, Gilneas has always been on a neutral side(somehow like switzerland). Plus, I don't remember where i read this, but Alterac was having constant territorial dispute, or political interferences, with its neighbor Stromgarde. The Alliance of Lordaeron was somewhat tense and hard to keep together. True to this, it slowly collapsed shortly after the second war, with Stormwind back in Azeroth, Alterac destroyed, :( Gilneas still neutral, and Stromgarde out for Terenas' subsequent decisions, unaccepted by Trollbane.

I said it many times: if there would ever be a campaign i'd like to remake of wc2, that is the BtDP orc one, my favourite above all Warcraft saga. However, this game's community is still quite strong, i see, but considering that i spent 8 years between this remake creation and its update i strongly dubt i will ever start another project on my own. I would be much more motivated on a teamwork.

- Oh no, I wasnt trying to ask you to make them all the same sound voice... lol :ogre_haosis: ... it was all just only random thought out from the gameplay of Orcs and Humans.. Nothing more.. :ogre_haosis:

- Yes, I know about with high elves, dwarves and gnomes joining the Alliance.. There was no Alliance before and during Orcs And Humans.. Alliance is formed beginning in ToD. We know that both...

- Although I never heard of anything before about that Alterac and Stromrage conflict that you just mentined, thats new to me... I never read anything like that in the manuals of Warcraft 2 and 3, definitely not in the game itself either.. All I know is that the territorial dispute or political control stuff thing in between the human kingdoms occurred in "Day of the Dragon"... With Daval Prestor (Deathwing) manipulating the Alliance leaders and all...

- As usual, Gilneas has their own world and their king, Genn, is quite a douche.. He is even more of an Ahole than Anestarian... lol!... :ogre_haosis:

- I agree with the problem of WC2:ToD remake here... It also crashes sometimes.. Well, anyway, Im just hoping that one day a better version of a WC2 remake would be done in here, including the BtDP campaigns..

And I also pray, hope and dream that Blizzard Entertainment would make a WARCRAFT 4!!!! haha! :ogre_haosis:
You do agree with me on that, right ? :ogre_haosis:

PS: YOUR kingdom got destroyed because you and your people betrayed the Alliance! :ogre_icwydt: :ogre_hurrhurr: :ogre_haosis:

Level 20
PS: YOUR kingdom got destroyed because you and your people betrayed the Alliance! :ogre_icwydt: :ogre_hurrhurr: :ogre_haosis:
Not Perenolde's people, but himself. He did it all. He planned it cunningly, and his people followed. What choice could they have? Alterac was the weakest nation. Perenolde just " saw his chance to ride the wave of their destruction and claim the jewel of the Alliance as his own". I was working on a wc2 Alterac spin-off long time ago. I did an awesome intro plus 2 maps, and would kinda reprise it, but it all got lost in a pc format. It had a nice plot too. Too bad. :'(
P.S. I'm PerenoldeII, not I. ;)
P.P.S. If Blizzard made Wc4 all of my efforts would be a total waste. Also those guys that made "Armies of Azeroth".......

Level 1
I really enjoyed these campaigns, but one thing that really bothered me was how terribly low quality the music was, clearly recorded from the midis using the stock windows midi output, rather than a proper synthesizer.
Both Warcraft 1 and 2 were composed by Glenn Stafford with Roland SC-55 synthesizer in mind, and I just so happen to have said synthesizer.
I took the liberty of replacing the music with properly recorded one on Roland SC-55.
Here's the download link to the edited campaign file (I take no credit for anything beyond the improved music quality):
https://mega.nz/#!KVIEnJSC!izkilWC-AaBpveoIx7TClCXuUq6sRS0w7WywFZUb7ZI

Level 20
I really enjoyed these campaigns, but one thing that really bothered me was how terribly low quality the music was, clearly recorded from the midis using the stock windows midi output, rather than a proper synthesizer.
Both Warcraft 1 and 2 were composed by Glenn Stafford with Roland SC-55 synthesizer in mind, and I just so happen to have said synthesizer.
I took the liberty of replacing the music with properly recorded one on Roland SC-55.
Here's the download link to the edited campaign file (I take no credit for anything beyond the improved music quality):
https://mega.nz/#!KVIEnJSC!izkilWC-AaBpveoIx7TClCXuUq6sRS0w7WywFZUb7ZI

Problem was that those musics where high-pitched on some points or slower on others, and i had to tweak with a software. Anyway, be my guest.

Level 1
Hi thanks for your work and dedication. I have never played Warcraft humans and orcs before, and after googling a bit, I'm glad I found your project.

That said, I have a few questions before playing:

1-Are there any things missing from this mod, whether battle mechanics, plot elements, ending(s), game play issues, etc in comparison to the original?[either in humans or orcs side]

2-As-of-today July 4 2016, does everything seems to point out that the current version will be the final version, or are you currently working on/tweaking/releasing another patch soon?[either human or orcs side]

3-I've seen in old posts a talk about a "road system". I'm not sure what that is since I never played the original, but, Has this been implemented? And, how does this affect the gameplay? If not, will this be ever implemented?

Last edited:
Level 20
I shall copy 'n paste your message, answering below any of your lines:

Hi thanks for your work and dedication. I have never played Warcraft humans and orcs before, and after googling a bit, I'm glad I found your project.
- Thanks to you for contacting me. I hope you will enjoy this. If you know people who might be interested please share it with them. I never wanted any money with this, but at least i'd like to share it with as many people as possible. I'd like all of you to know that it really means a lot for me.

That said, I have a few questions before playing:

1-Are there any things missing from this mod, whether battle mechanics, plot elements, ending(s), game play issues, etc in comparison to the original?[either in humans or orcs side]
- The only missing thing to the game mechanic is the road system. There is, however, a function that prevents you from building too far from your "starting point"(usually the town hall). As for the rest, everything is explained at the top page. You should read it if you're curious to know what awaits you; not to mention the changelogs.

2-As-of-today July 4 2016, does everything seems to point out that the current version will be the final version, or are you currently working on/tweaking/releasing another patch soon?[either human or orcs side]
- I heard from a tester that there is some minor imperfection in some parts(apparently one or two hard otpional quest objectives shows as "accomplished" even in normal mode, and in other parts clerics don't fight back when attacked), other than that, everything works just fine. I could fix those issues, sooner or later, but they are of pretty minor concern atm.

3-I've seen in old posts a talk about a "road system". I'm not sure what that is since I never played the original, but, Has this been implemented? And, how does this affect the gameplay? If not, will this be ever implemented?
- As i said before, Road System is the only thing which separates this remake from a truly complete 1000% accurate. To compensate for its absence, there is a function that prevents you from building too far from your "starting point"(usually the town hall). In wc1 you could build structures only by first laying down cobbled road tiles. AI was very basic at the time because, once spawned, enemy units were ordered to attack the main point of your base(the town hall location) from which attacking all other buildings in sight. This explains why you were still restricted to build structures close to each other despite placing a long bridge of roads between them. In the way i did, the game is still fair even without roads(otherwise, with wc2/3 building system, AI could not find and attack your structures built anywhere on the map).

Last edited:
Level 1
@LordPerenoldeII

Thanks for your reply. I've been playing the mod, and it seems interesting so far. I'll give feedback as a play, if you don't mind. No problems so far(except crashed with Reshaded and no true unstretched 16:9 ratio, but neither of those are your fault). The game is surely unforgivingly difficult from stage 4 on. Possibly a witness of the games from that era.

I've got a comment and a question. About the peasant AI, It would be great if I could just highlight them and ask them to take to the hall whatever they are holding(Queue gather command after they finish w/e gathering or collecting they are doing) or to interrupt what they are doing and gather whatever I want them to in one simple command. Right now, if I highlight them and one is carrying wood but the other isn't, they wont accept group commands. I assume that the original behavior but, It's really annoying. Sometimes I just want everyone on wood or everyone on gold without having to micromanage each of them, and wait for them to bring their goods home before I can issue my next gather command.

Also, about the controls, should I look for the manual of WC1 or WC3? Being a newcomer it has been a challenge to play without knowing everything that the keyboard has to offer.

Edit: On stage 6, The vertical distance from townhall to goldmine seems like it's about one building-size too long. This would increase difficulty by decreasing the speed of my gold supply. I might be wrong, because I'm sort off eyeballing it, but here's the WC1 video I used as reference:

Also on the video, the rate of scorpion summoning is lower(although maybe randomness could factor into this.)

Edit2:Also having the interface on the lower part of the screen makes the visibility kinda poor on 16:9 screens, but if wc3 was like that originally, probably there's little you could do. Wish I could at least zoom out a bit more to compensate for the lack of vertical visibility...

edit3: reducing the game speed on the menu, even on max slowdown does not feel that slow. Could be my perception, though...

@ Anyone/Everyone

Do you have any hint to finish Stage 6 on normal? I have been at it more than 15 hours with multiple saves and still can't beat it. The barrage of catapults and summoners + scorpions + horses that come at me makes it hard to grow my forces at all. Also I'm not sure how to use catapults w/o my units running into the explosion. Even when they are far, My units just jump into the fire. I've seen the guides at gamefaqs but still can't beat it. By the way, by hint I mean, a strategy and the cheapest/easier (although non cheat code) way to do it XD;

Last edited:
Level 20
LordPerenoldeII
I've got a comment and a question. About the peasant AI, It would be great if I could just highlight them and ask them to take to the hall whatever they are holding(Queue gather command after they finish w/e gathering or collecting they are doing) or to interrupt what they are doing and gather whatever I want them to in one simple command. Right now, if I highlight them and one is carrying wood but the other isn't, they wont accept group commands. I assume that the original behavior but, It's really annoying. Sometimes I just want everyone on wood or everyone on gold without having to micromanage each of them, and wait for them to bring their goods home before I can issue my next gather command.

I have no idea. Might just be the old system which still was lacking some functions from its later games.

Also, about the controls, should I look for the manual of WC1 or WC3? Being a newcomer it has been a challenge to play without knowing everything that the keyboard has to offer.
Warcraft 3.

Edit: On stage 6, The vertical distance from townhall to goldmine seems like it's about one building-size too long. This would increase difficulty by decreasing the speed of my gold supply. I might be wrong, because I'm sort off eyeballing it, but here's the WC1 video I used as reference:
It's ok, i never had anyone complaining about it.

Also on the video, the rate of scorpion summoning is lower(although maybe randomness could factor into this.)
Might be game-speed issue? Anyway, it is not, i guarantee.

@ Anyone/Everyone
Do you have any hint to finish Stage 6 on normal? I have been at it more than 15 hours with multiple saves and still can't beat it. The barrage of catapults and summoners + scorpions + horses that come at me makes it hard to grow my forces at all. Also I'm not sure how to use catapults w/o my units running into the explosion. Even when they are far, My units just jump into the fire. I've seen the guides at gamefaqs but still can't beat it. By the way, by hint I mean, a strategy and the cheapest/easier (although non cheat code) way to do it XD;
Just spam archers with lv2 upgrade and you should repel/chew through pretty much everything. The initial scouting you had while going out for peasant rescue should provide you enough sight for catapults spotting, so when you see them coming send melee units to bash them after you kill the first-coming wave of troops.

Level 1
@LordPerenoldeII

I've played level up 12 humans[normal] and here's my feedback: I think that the AI in the original game does not spam catapults. In fact, on every video I've seen they only use catapults as base defenders. They don't make as many summoners, nor spam the summons. Even on the lowest speed the amount of catapults and summoners is overwhelming. It's hard to build an elemental army because the raw amount of enemies kill them easily.

In fact I think this is a problem all around the mod. That's why level 6 is 2 notches too hard and level 7 a notch too hard.

in a nutshell:
+way much more catapults that the original game
+way much more summoners than the og
+enemy rate of summoning is faster than the og
-also most enemies seem harder to kill overall, even with similar setups and speed.

-overall enemy production seems a bit faster than original even at the slowest speed

+I've seen several videos of stage 12 humans and they confirm this, this is an example, but you can confirm this if you have the original game

Level 20
I didn't need any videos to recreate the AI; i just went through the original game myself and found out that:
- AI trains new units as soon as the previous sent wave is killed(something i CAN'T do, or rather, i could, but would require more coding)
- Units being trained are randomly chosen among a 1 out of 4 chance(grunt, raider, spear, catapult), so it could happen that more catapults are being done, but that's just randomness playing its part. To counter mass catapult spawn, i've set a limit of catapult training of 2 per enemy player.
- Yes, AI does train summoners and necros on a regular basis. To counter mass summoners/necro spawn, i've set a limit training similar to the one for catapults.

I don't need to see any vanilla wc video: i've tested it out on the og myself before remaking it. Speed and attack cooldown of all units is set that way to resemble full clocked engine at full game speed. I don't know why people do not set fastest speed as soon as the game start in wc1; any slower speed is just soporific.
On 12th mission, summoners max number is 6, and they all stop at the same point before starting to summon. Do not pretend you can beat the game on first time. Scout the map, and trust me, there is no need for such posts. Thank you.

P.S. level 6 is a joke. Level 7 is tricky but still very manageable.

Level 1
My review (humans):

+Taking the normal game and calling it Hard Mode/Expert Mode/Challenge mode

10/5. For effort alone this deserves a lot of praise, and the result despite some quirks is amazing. If you enjoy the original game but you know the game like the palm of your hands, have quick reflexes, hand movements, and quick micromanaging ability, this mod is for you.

+Taking it face value( assuming it aims to be vanilla and recreate the feel, ai included)

-5/5 + 5/5(bonus for the effort and improvements) -8/5 because of the ai and difficulty compared to the original. Total 2/5 on version last updated May 14, 2016

I'll give a throughout review below with my experience, and quote some feedback from some of the author's previous posts.

I didn't need any videos to recreate the AI
I was aware of this since the beginning, as I read all most posts on this thread. I put the video links as a reference that I was not imagining things, and that AI difficulty was indeed different.

Originally I had not played this game. This is not my first Real time strategy though. In fact I have played enough that I can tell when there is an unbalanced amount of difficulty.

After meeting with level 12 in this mod I confirmed what was suspecting from the very beginning: that the difficulty is stronger all across due enemies spawning absurdly quicker. All levels are affected, not just 12 with the exception of levels like Mediehv's tower and Lothar's rescue, which are not affected by re-spawn.

After being stuck on level 12 humans with more than 100 saves, a friend came to visit. To my surprise, he still had the original game. He was not able to finish the mod's level 12 without cheats, but he let me borrow the og. Good enough for me.

My experience was the following: Even with the outdated GUI(the hardest thing was the controls), and the poor design(selecting 4 troops limit is an obvious case of *artificially* increasing difficulty by making things awkward for the player), it was at least twice as easy. In fact, I without the help of my friend was able to finish the human's missions in one day. In fact level 12 was SUPER easy, probably easier than almost any mission 4-11. I finished it on my first try as well and only had to save 3 times. I repeated the experiment like 10 times to see if it was a fluke, but nope, it was as easy every time, even in worst case scenarios.

In the OG, the only difficulty is surviving the first wave of enemies and one demon that flows almost always(up to that part the mod behave strikingly similar). After that, they will take so long in bringing troops to the middle of the map that you can send one water elemental and kill the top right base. The enemies take long enough to repopulate the middle that if anything shows, the second summon takes care of it. Since it's not crowded in the middle, even if one or if by any chance two(very rare) catapults took the middle, it was easy to clear.

Also, from what I saw on the whole og, AI seems to take big preference at making low cost units. Like it prefers grunts 40+%, spear 30+% then the rest distributed withing the remaining 30% by cost, although with seeming preference to knight because they always have one or two after their grunt and spear quota is filled. As for catapults, several waves may pass with no catapults, specially if they already have one as a guard in their camp. I heard that og ai has infinite resources and that they gather just for regulation purposes; not sure if this is true, but they *Act* like they care about their gold and seem to be careful in their recruitment, probably to simulate that their resources have a limit.

In this mod(version from May 14, 2016), even after knowing what to do(the best strategy, the enemy's weakness), the game becomes grind-y since enemies will barrage you with waves of enemies; it's not very tolerant for mistakes like the original(if you lose units you'll be in big trouble) because the enemies are endless. In the OG there's always some sort of recovery gap after a wave that is long enough to do serious damage to enemy camp. In the mod, during that period of recovery, where you are making more units, the enemy has already built enough units to deal more damage and possibly kill yours locking your camp into a zero state situation.

In most missions I had to do severe micromanaging, and compared to the original here the "strategy" was saving a lot and beg NONE of your units get killed. Original stage 6 is a joke, here not as much. To win I had to make almost all my original units survive and all buildings(blacksmith survived with 12 hp ).

Then I gave it a try to the orcs side. Even as low as mission 3 you notice that the enemy waves are overwhelming in comparison to the og.

I don't know why people do not set fastest speed as soon as the game start in wc1; any slower speed is just soporific.
Regarding the speed control, this is one other big difference players will notice when comparing to the og. While I agree with the author, that the low speeds in the original are slower than watching paint dry, that is how it was intended. In RTS and simulation games, there usually a speed that is slow and sometimes even paused. This speed is not meant to be used all the time. This speed is used for micromanaging, organization strategy and other misc tasks. Then after the stage is set, go back to mid or max speed. The original game has this feature, and lacking it makes the game more difficult for those who were counting on it to have it. (btw I thought about using cheat engine as a proof of concept on the orc side to reduce speed and simulate this original feature. It helped a ton, but was not enough thanks to the enemy flood). From what I remember this mod slow speed feels more or less like the original medium speed, or at least that's the impression I remember.

The mod's zoom also feels a bit too close compared to the OG, making the game artificially harder by reducing total visibility.

- AI trains new units as soon as the previous sent wave is killed(something i CAN'T do, or rather, i could, but would require more coding)
I'm sure fixing the AI is a lot of work, and that the author does not owe us anything. Sadly my impression as a player and a tester is that the current AI makes the game unplayable except for experts who know the game like the palm of their hand. Really the lack of balance disrupted the fun too much and changed the scope of all missions to grind-y micromanaging, in contrast to the og where I only needed to turn down the speed once or twice during the missions to set up X or Y. Experts will probably be so good at the game that won't notice the gap in difference, so probably this mod is exactly what you all folks are looking for. I in the other hand, am a regular, perhaps just above average player, so I felt it all the way though. So it's a pity if he decides that he's happy with current difficulty and AI.

Do not pretend you can beat the game on first time. Scout the map, and trust me, there is no need for such posts.
On the OG human side, beating the game on the first try is totally doable if one has played at least one other RTS. On this mod I took weeks, and was not able to finish level 12 w/o cheats due difficulty. Even if I knew a better strategy, the monster spawn gap is too obvious, and therefore not the same difficulty and not the same AI. It's at least 50% harder than the original game; perhaps 2x more. I'm sorry to the author if this review sounds harsh(at least this half). I just want to be honest and share my experience. My intention is not offending the author's hard work or take away motivation. Nor is to discourage player's from trying it, but rather reviewing it as accurately as I can, so they have realistic expectations depending on their skill level. If the author decides to tweak down the ai some day to match the og, I'll give it another shot; but for players who were comfortable with the original ai and difficulty, your only choice is to play the og.

Last edited:
Level 1
I have downloaded both Warcraft I&II maps but when I open them, it just shows a black screen with "back" button (also a note "Just another Warcraft III campaign"). I have read some comments saying about the version of the game. Mine is 1.27 so I don't know why it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Level 1
This is waaay too frustrating, even on medium. I can't imagine what hard mode would be. I've never got stressed like that. The play style of Warcraft III doesn't fit the stats and AI of Warcraft I. I can't recommend this. If you want to experience the original Warcraft, play that, because that would be more manageable than this horrendously hard campaign.

Level 14
This is waaay too frustrating, even on medium. I can't imagine what hard mode would be. I've never got stressed like that. The play style of Warcraft III doesn't fit the stats and AI of Warcraft I. I can't recommend this. If you want to experience the original Warcraft, play that, because that would be more manageable than this horrendously hard campaign.

The campaign plays fine. You appear to be extremely shitty at Warcraft however. Good luck with that.

Level 1
The campaign plays fine. You appear to be extremely shitty at Warcraft however. Good luck with that.

And you're shitty at conversation, thanks for the insult. I played through original Warcraft multiple times easily and I played trough multiple Warcraft 3 campaigns without much difficulty. But this campaign is nearly impossible. It does not play fine compared to the original Warcraft or the average Warcraft III campaign.

geez i didn't notice he gave a 1/5! >_<

Read the last comment by mclabel at page 9 (Warcraft : Humans), he elaborates the problems this campaign suffers in detail. No one reacted to him so I have to point this out, because I share his opinion.

Level 20
And you're shitty at conversation, thanks for the insult. I played through original Warcraft multiple times easily and I played trough multiple Warcraft 3 campaigns without much difficulty. But this campaign is nearly impossible. It does not play fine compared to the original Warcraft or the average Warcraft III campaign.

Read the last comment by mclabel at page 9 (Warcraft : Humans), he elaborates the problems this campaign suffers in detail. No one reacted to him so I have to point this out, because I share his opinion.

First of all this is not a conversation/chat. Second, in wc1 you can't select more than 4 units, you can't set team-numbers, you can't attack-ground, allied melee units had zero acquisition range, you can't build roads, so it saves money, etc. etc.
Third, this is not wc3. Fights last in a matter of bare seconds, and they have their random wc1 mechanic too.
Warcraft was hard for me as well when i used to play it in '93 what can i tell? I couldn't get over humans' map 9 but later i found out tricks to get things easier.
Anyway i'm focusing on balancing the Hard mode now, because there were some aspects in the last maps none told me about. And because of cheaters I had no clue of this, and i'm hence forced to find out everything by myself, as it was before other updates.

Level 20
Project is now on
PATCH v2.6

Ver2.6 CHANGE LOG:

- Repositioned enemy units in some maps to prevent a very little(yet possible) chance for AI units from getting stuck there while attacking in a big balled-up fashion.
- Timer for Hard mode on map 10 increased from 6 to 10 minutes.
- Starting base and tech in map 12 reduced when Final bonus objective is unlocked to give the adequate difficulty for its completion(was brain-dead easy).
- Rain of fire/cloud of poison: Damage of each wave reduced from 18 to 13, decreased number of waves from 4 to 3, decreased building resistance to the spell from 25% to 0%, increased mana cost from 28 to 30.
- Water Elemental attack type changed from Piercing to Magic, as a bypass for the Footmen Defense ability.
- Human Catapult collision side reduced. It should avoid other Catapult hits now.
- Upkeep removed
- Damage of Chaos/Magic attack type decreased from 1.30 to 1.20 on heavy armors.

Level 21
Good work 3/5
But I think that It needs more dedication.
Human Archers are Crossbowmen, there isn't a road system...
Keep working ^^

Archers being named Crossbowmen seems like a ridiculous reason to lower a rating by 2 stars and claim it needs more dedication, but who am I to tell you how to rate things.

The road system is more subjective and I believe the creator has commented on the complexity required to recreate such a thing. I've had a few folks on my videos complain about the lack of roads too, so can someone please explain to me why it is so darn important to people? Because I really just do not get it.

I'm pretty sure it's a nostalgia-goggles thing since being limited to building in a restricted area around your Town Hall seems to result in the exact same thing/idea.

Level 12
You should be able to build next to existing buildings as well as the starting point, not just next to the starting point. It's kind of annoying that I'm building right next to stuff I already have but it gets cancelled and refunded because I'm just barely off of the starting location. As well, you don't really have much room to build extra production that way which is very unlike the original game where you pretty much had as much room as the terrain gave you.

Level 12
The only other thing with WC1 roads is that it was a neat, unique and kind of well-executed gimmick that limited the way you could build which there is some merit to limiting building space (This is coming from someone who never grew up with the actual game, I first played it in like 2015 Lol)

Level 20
The only other thing with WC1 roads is that it was a neat, unique and kind of well-executed gimmick that limited the way you could build which there is some merit to limiting building space (This is coming from someone who never grew up with the actual game, I first played it in like 2015 Lol)
First of all, at that time(and we're talking about 2006/7) there were some people around that created their own working versions of a road system(i'm still looking around today) but they either refused to share it, didn't have their unprotected versions of the map, or they were simply missing.
I had someone(forgot who but i gave him a special mention in the credit roll) that created the building bounds limit for me. I explained many times why: In wc1 the AI aims to your town hall location. From there they attack all buildings in sight and they can reach them thoughout your city thanks to the roads that connect them together. With the missing road system i had to make up for it by isolating the building radius in a way so that their acquisition range could spot every structure once they walk in your base area. The refund for missing the bound is 100%, not 75% so no resources are wasted. The area is pretty limited also because of the upkeep that could generate from building too many farms around and hence too many units. I got rid of the upkeep with the latest update so this is not a problem anymore. I could have enlarged a bit the bounds, now that i notice it, but forgot.
As for the nominal issue, Crossbowmen, don't let me say what i think of it, cuz ALL THE WORLD knows that the guys with the crossbow were named Archers in wc1. Just that and the lack of road system reason is silly for a 3/5, but everyone's a critic and not everyone has the same measure of judgement, sadly.