• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I just hope everyone who thinks WOW has destroyed WC has actually played it. I don't mean tried it or played a few times, I mean got to at least level 30 or so. Although if you have then you have all the right to bash it or whatever you are doing :smile:
I just hope whoever thinks scientology is bullshit has been a scientologist before. I mean, ignore what they say about "fair game" and their illegal activities, just become a scientologist yourself before you criticize it.

Level 34
You are justified then brad! :thumbs_up:

Myspace your logic isn't quite right there. I use my reason to figure out that it is bullshit. Also WOW and scientology are on two different levels, I can read and learn about scientology and then say what I think about it, where as WOW you can do all the reading you want but you can't critique it nearly as well if you actually played it.

Poor analogy. :sad:

Level 35
Actually the analogy is correct. They are both things that if you know enough about them, then you can say "I dont like it, just look at the lore .....screwed up..." You are also justified if you've played the other warcraft games and notice that the quality in WoW is a mere shadow of what the warcraft series once was.

Level 26
Scientology and WoW are not different at all. In fact, WoW is probably MORE justified to criticize without playing, because we can read up on WoW lore all we want wherever the hell we want, while scientologists like to sue people to keep their documents nice and secret.

Level 34
How do you notice the quality? I guess from a lore point or a landscape? But the lore is there and the landscapes are pretty good in WOW (my opinion, so you could say you hate it... you point is correct there). The actual game play can't be criticized unless you play it. I guess you can read reviews but then it's not your own opinion.

I can't say Scientology is boring or it sucks. That's the key. I can say WOW is fake or not true, wait of course it is! Scientologists say it is real, I look at it and say it's not. That's the difference. To say Scientology is boring I would have to try it first, to say it's not true I just have to look at it. Same with WOW.

Level 34
Haha, way to save the thread.

I hope they really improve the movement around buildings. Like DOW does it. All buildings have a distance to other buildings and units (Except tanks) can walk between buildings! Also maybe some movement options, like if anyone has played the old (crappy) Star Wars RTS. You can choose from different army formations. Lastly I noticed Starcraft 2 finally made it so you can select all your units at once. Which all the Blizzard RTSs lacked.

Level 34
Wow, that's a lot to hope for =P Then again it is blizzard they have never failed to make revolutionary games.

Level 23
Warcraft IV.. hmm.. How about it not being a RTS, but RPG, or a totally new gengre... (please let it not be a racing game ^^)

And if it is going to be a RTS, then a custom race would be realy cool ^^, (or atleast bein able to custimize one), oh and don't forget, wearable armor! (and a good melee, becouse the one from WCIII sucked in my oppinion)

Level 23
able to go from one map to another, campaign like, but then also in multi player ^^, Maby even able to dig, and then I don't mean like, here is the abillity dig, you use it, and there is a heap of dirt, No I mean, real room's chopping out (and that could be used for mining ^^) And then also the posibillity of flight, in a seperate map, you fly up, you see a picture of the map underneath you (or just cloads) and then you might build there... (sorry if my imagination goes too far ^^)

Level 34
Same here, I like RTS, although I haven't played a good RPG in a while. Last one was Fable.

Level 23
Yea a RTS RPG mix is good ^^, but wel, I heard people say on this topic that Blizzard wouldn't take Warcraft to RTS again, so... and they've also taken warcraft to MMORPG wich is a totally different genre, but I do hope it's going to be RTS again, but then much and much and much better ^^.

Level 13
I have high doubts about Warcraft 4 because WoW pretty much has turned the lore into a wierd tornado of chaos. It's just wierd now.

Also a RTS/RPG mix would be boring since the heroes in WC 3 could easily become the dominant force and also the upkeep in WC 3 was stupid. I prefer the kind of massive armies that are in SC 1 and Dawn of War.

Level 34
I hate when RTS games let you just max the best unit and win, I also don't care for air in games all that much, but in SC I find there area enough things to kill air, Warcraft3 was lame with air. All the strong land units couldn't attack air and so if you max air you win!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Wc4 announced, demo vid
Yeah wc4 all of a sudden. Quit it.

Who would win? Protoss corsairs, duh.
No comments.

It all depends on the type of air they brought.

Melee in Warcraft III is ok, yet I don't like mass air.

Also a RTS/RPG mix would be boring since the heroes in WC 3 could easily become the dominant force
Is it just me or you don't get Warcraft III is a mix of RTS and RPG? And heroes are not the dominant force, they are simply meant to make a difference.

Level 1
Ausome

it would be so ausome if they make a warcraft 4 because i dont have world of warcraft. So i wont have 2 worry about it.:thumbs_up:

Level 9
WOW isn't "sucks". It's not wonderful but it isn't bad too. I don't know about other people but I think that WOW added many good things to the original lore. Actually, if you ignore its MMOGS nature and the new upcoming expansion (Very bad idea, Blizzard), you can say that WOW is a very good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.