• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 patch 1.21b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I had a custom-built no-cd and it works great. war3.exe is accessed TWICE in the whole usage of the game. When it loads the game, and when you connect to battle.net. I just made a no-cd that would use an old crack I had that would load the game, then it automatically swapped it to the original, which let me connect to bnet. I never felt badly about it because you still had to have the original war3.exe to play the game. You still have to own the cd keys.

This patch is a good one in my opinion. It didn't break backwards compatibility, but let me rid myself of my shady-grey area crack.

Level 6
Oh man! This rocks, WE and Wc3 start up way fast now. Testing my maps is not such a pain to wait for it to pop up and load, so I can get a lot more done. THIS is a way cool patch.

Level 5
I hope they fix a few JASS errors... But nobody seems to care about that. Alpha/Beta models would be really cool too. Priestess on a giant flying..thing... ftw!

Funny. I updated, went into B.net... and not 3 minutes later, B.net froze my entire computer. I am now incapable of accessing B.net, CD or no CD.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
We need a crack anymore? The whole point of crack is to make it so that a CD is not needed for a game to load. Blizzard however was smart and so legally WC3 does not need the CD to load. Thus anyone who makes a 1.21b crack is a complete moron as it does exactly the same as the offical .exe.

Enought about cracks, please stay on topic.

I left the link to the tech help WC3 patch page because it has mirrors that people can download from and so will ballence the traffic more evenly for them, however Samuraid's link is probably a lot faster.

Level 36
Dudes, the Naga race is already ready to go (same with demon, bothy of them were originally supposed to be included in the game but were removed near the end of development), so it would take very little to establish a techtree and implement it into the game, obviously with some balancing.

Level 17
Naga joined forces with the Blood Elves and Illidan though, so technically the naga race would compile of 3 heros, being Prince Kael, Illidan the Betrayer and Lady Vashj. Also they have enough buildings if you include the blood elf ones.

Demons on the other hand wouldn't work ever so well, they consist mainly of red orcs and don't need buildings...

EDIT: I just realised, all the demon race needs really is that demon gate, the demon race consists of a nice amount and range of units, it just seems pretty imba, they have 4 heros, 3 heavy infaltry, 2 mounted units, 1 spellcaster (not including doom guard), a builder (-.-), 1 ranged and 1 supporter... Seems pretty imba...

Level 17
Hah, you're lucky, it won't even patch past that (9)RoundVillage map or whatever it is on my PC, and 1.20e or 1.21a won't go on -.-'

It just prompts me to reinstall and I done that already!

1.20e
Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 1:30 pm on 02/09/2008

ERROR: unable to authenticate archive

RESULT: Prepatch failed

1.21a

Log created at 1:32 pm on 02/09/2008

1.21b
Blizzard BNUpdate v2.129 compiled on Nov 2 2006

This patch upgrades Warcraft III The Frozen Throne from the previous version.

ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\maps\FrozenThrone\(9)RoundVillage.w3x'

RESULT: Patch failed

I'm attempting to patch straight after installing, only because I can't be f***ed to keep downloading patches or sit there with Wc3 running downloading it...

Level 19
Kaitech[SanD];500498 said:
Hah, you're lucky, it won't even patch past that (9)RoundVillage map or whatever it is on my PC, and 1.20e or 1.21a won't go on -.-'

It just prompts me to reinstall and I done that already!

1.20e

Log created at 1:30 pm on 02/09/2008

1.21a

1.21b
Blizzard BNUpdate v2.129 compiled on Nov 2 2006

This patch upgrades Warcraft III The Frozen Throne from the previous version.

ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\maps\FrozenThrone\(9)RoundVillage.w3x'

RESULT: Patch failed

I'm attempting to patch straight after installing, only because I can't be f***ed to keep downloading patches or sit there with Wc3 running downloading it...

Perhaps you could download it using Auto-Download when you enter Battle.net? It usually download gradually patches.

Level 17
Perhaps you could download it using Auto-Download when you enter Battle.net? It usually download gradually patches.

I'll try that, if it works be expecting +rep from me!

the patch didnt work on my computor

Do you get the same problem as me or is it the No Cd?

If it's the no CD, uninstall and install again...

And don't use so many smileys, makes you look idiotic...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If you have trouble installing / using the patch, go to the offical blizzard tech support site. They made the patch and so have the responsibility and knowledge with how to get it to work.

The patch installed and runs absoultly flawlessly for me so eithor your using a non XP os or did somthing majorly wrong as patches like this should seldom fail in one way or another.

Also if you used a NOcd crack for 1.21a, update errors can be expected as the cracked .exe is different from the orignal so it may not update or be replaced correctly resulting in the program not functioning correctly. If this is the case, I can asure you no one here will help you fix it as that was the risk of using a NOcd crack (which is illegal).

The simplest fix which should always work however would be to simply reinstall (deinstall and then install again) WC3 and update it from default install version to latest version 1.21b via battlenet. This method is almost always garunteed to work if your PC uses XP and is normal. On mac/others you may need to download the complete patch from their tech support site (link on starting news post).

Level 8
For all those who have downloaded the 6kb version of the patch. It is NOT the patch. It is just a stupid annoying MSDOS programme. The patch from should be either about 790 kb (TFT1.21a to TFT1.21b) or else more than 50 MB(TFT any to TFT1.21b). And as for the patch not working, um...I do not know. It works perfectly with me.

Level 19
Kaitech[SanD];501389 said:
I finally got it working!

For Vista Users:

Uninstall
Install (RoC Only)
Download the following patches (For RoC)
1.20e
1.20e -> 1.21a
1.21a -> 1.21b
Patch them in that order
Install TFT
Download 1.21b (For TFT)
Patch it.

How did you come up with that? lol... I didn't have any trouble with my Vista.

Level 4
I utterly despise this patch. Why? My brother noticed the update before I did, he told me that Warcraft had given him an error message saying something about needing to reinstall Warcraft for the patch work. He pressured me into uninstalling WC3 almost immediately as I got on the computer, yes, he's a B.net addict. I wanted to wait, see if any problems came up, I've seen it happen with other games, but I did it anyway. Now I can't find my CD key for TFT. Damn patch... and right when I got an excellent idea for a map.

Level 2
For me, the Patch works fine, but maybe it's because I installed the Patch by using a seperate Patch installer for 1.21b, and not updating the game via Battle.net.
Anyway, I'm really thankful for Blizzard to create this no-CD Patch. The disk drive from my new computer doesn't work for 3 months, so I had to use my old PC in order to play WCIII. Now I can play it on my new computer and can finally do all my work + entertainment on one single PC, and not switching computers all the time.
Much thx for that Blizzard :thumbs_up:

Level 11
It runs way faster for me now. Its kind of funny, after all those years of combating cracks they finally go ahead and remove the need of a CD. I have a sad feeling about this update. I think they're giving up on wc3. I think that last patch is more of a going away present then anything else. They expect (correctly I bet) that SCII is going to take over the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.