• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 building bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
There is a bug in my Warcraft 3 where whenever I summon a building as the Undead or start making a building as the Night Elves, I don't see the actual building animation, all I see is the ground texture. Is there any fix for this? From what I can tell, there isn't because I have tried EVEEERYTHING. I made this account just to get help with this problem because I haven't found a fix anywhere. I'll tell you what I've tried so far...
-I've installed and reinstalled about 7 times
-I've deleted registry entries about 3 times
-I've installed the game in a different path
-I've updated my drivers and reinstalled
-I've tried out all different visual options
-I've tried running as an administrator
NONE of that has worked. Some people posted this problem before here, and here, but not even those poor souls got their questions truly answered. Is there ANY one here that can help me out with this? I've been trying to get this fixed for about 3 days, I've even sent a ticket to Blizzard about it 2 days ago, and nothing has helped, not even what they suggested. For your assistance, here's some additional info about the problem
-It started after I updated my game, but is still there even when I reinstall
-I use Windows 8 x64
Thank you for reading and answering in advance :D

Did anything else change when you started experiencing this issue (e.g. you updated hardware?)? Or did it all work fine before, but only after some update (which update, to be exact?) it stopped working?

Also, go to Options -> Video (in the Warcraft III start screen). Try setting all the model/texture details to high. Blizzard accesses different MPQ's when you use the lower settings, and one of the low-quality MPQ's might've not had that building animation. edit: Nvm, just tested. This most likely isn't the issue.

Level 12
I remember this bug was happening when you sometimes back to windows while playing, maybe this issue can be related to graphical devices/drivers.

Level 1
I had the same issue, and downloading the newest patch 1.27b fixed it. Maybe just reainstall wc3
No, I started playing after the recent update came out and the building animations were completely normal. Out of a sudden they're not working! No reason whatsoever they stopped working at a completely random point. I've tried everything that OP has tried (including reinstallation), however none of it has helped.
Any help at all would be apperciated, I really want to get this solved.

EDIT: I also remembered that I do alt-tab out of the game when I'm searching for matches. Someone above mentioned that this might be causing the problem, however I tried to play without ever alt-tabbing and the problem still persists.

Level 1
I MANAGED TO FIX IT!

I thought I'd make this post, just to help anyone else who might have the problem. What fixed it for me was updating my graphics driver - weird, but as soon as I updated it, it started working like a charm!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Intel or AMD? Sounds like the sort of issue their drivers have... Unless it is an OEM card of course.

Restarting the computer can also fix similar issues. This is because it forces the drivers to reload and so can correct any bugged state inside them. Do note that shutdown in Windows 8 and 10 is hybrid sleep so does not reload the drivers on startup unless you hold shift when pressing it in the start menu which forces a proper shutdown.

Level 13
I just started having this problem as well. It's not just with building summon animations, but certain spells as well. I'll try what you did, update my graphics driver, and see what happens.

EDIT:
I re-downloaded my drivers and had to reinstall java on my computer, but the animations are back! Yay!

Last edited:
Level 11
There's no reason a laptop can't have its drivers updated. They just have trouble with complete replacement of hardware.

Everyone getting your animations back by installing drivers: You restarted you computer almost certainly after installing the update, and *that* is probably what fixed the issue. If you leave your computer on for a long time you'll probably start seeing effects not play again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There's no reason a laptop can't have its drivers updated.
The hardware in many OEM laptops is unique to the OEM so standard generic drivers from the chipset vendors do not work. This practice has been steadily reducing in recent years, but that is more down to the reduction in laptop sales driving the increased use of generics than OEMs wanting their computers to have better support.

Status
Not open for further replies.