• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc TFT Campaign Bug? Can't Progress 'Old Hatreds' Map (Act 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I don't know how universal this experience is, but I just bumped into a bit of a nasty bug in the Orc TFT campaign. The campaign, in general, involves quite a bit of inter-map traversal. You go from one map to another map. This all was working fine for me, both in Act 1 and early in Act 2 (Old Hatreds). However, after completing the Escape Theramore Quest/Sub-Map, I found that attempting to complete the quest and return to the original map reset all of my progress and basically just reloaded Act 2 from the beginning. As completing this quest is necessary to finish Act 2, it makes Act 2 functionally impossible to complete. I've tried doing different things before leaving Theramore. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Warcraft 3. It absolutely does not work.

I found another person with the same experience over at the Battle.net forum, but nobody else has posted or commented. I added some words there about my experience, but I thought I'd ask here and see what people think. My best guess is that the folder paths might be getting long, as I've read people complain that long pathways can bug out inter-map traversal in custom maps. With the recent switch in saved game location, this might be happening? Honestly, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.