1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Warcraft 2: The remake

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by LordPerenoldeII, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Azazzello [XGM]

Azazzello [XGM]

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Which head is better?
    v1.jpg v2.jpg v3.jpg

2. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    The third one imho. Its colour matches more the rest of the body, and it resembles WC2 Demons the most.
    It's a pretty neat job mate, I've been looking for a proper flying WC2 Demon for ages. Will you upload it soon?

3. Azazzello [XGM]

Azazzello [XGM]

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Color doesn't matter it is easy change. important is resemblance

Not soon, sorry, this model uses the repainted parts of the textures another authors and will not pass the moderation as the rules require written permissions from all authors. Since it is W.I.P. I do not know which materials will be used as a result. Collecting permissions can take a long time, and if i won't get them, i have to remake it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  4. Azazzello [XGM]

Azazzello [XGM]

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  5. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The ToD Human Campaign is now complete. Only a few things to ultimate before i send it to the team for tests.
    I shall work on the Orc campaign right after.
    With the already-compiled mpq and triggers, it should be WAY faster than how long it was for this one.
    Once again i apologize for the long time it took.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  6. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    By wc3 standards that was breakneck speed honestly

7. Stwiki

Stwiki

Resources:
    Resources:
    so does that mean you are going to have the human part ready to download soon then

8. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is some polishing left to do, and we are in the process of testing the campaign, so depending on how many bugs/issues we find it will probably be out soon-ish(tm). Although Perenolde is away for the weekend.

9. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, don't know if it is done but I suggest you upgrade the quality of warcraft II icons by increasing their bit size using editing.

10. LordDxl

LordDxl

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello! I have been following this project for a few days (so not a whole of new stuff xD). I'm wondering what state this project is in, and if you can give more details (I'm especially interested in Horde stuff, as I'm a big fan of orcs), if that isn't too much trouble. I love what I've seen and I'm really looking forward to playing this (the different factions you can play as seem pretty interesting and the whole concept sounds pretty awesome).

If you plan on extending this mod to be multiplayer too (i don't even know if that's possible), could you make all of those factions playable there as well? (I don't play a whole lot of multiplayer, but I still think it'd be nice)

11. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hey thanks for the interest and the post. I completed the Human Campaign and released it to the team almost a month ago(14th of June) and we found tons of sh*t to fix and correct, plus stuff that could be better instead of others, etc. so i had a pretty busy time fixing everything. Oh, speaking of which, i'd like to take this brief moment to thank @loktar BIIG BIG TIME for the FLAWLESS Oil System, brand new, totally efficient, which he created specifically for my project! I feel so humbled and honored!
    Now, the fixing it's ALL done, except for just a couple of queries that i still need to sort out. I don't think i will publish it alone, though. It wouldn't make much sense on its own. The good thing is that the massive mpq(the thing that took me most of the time to compile) it's done(some spells are yet not tested though), so the Orc Campaign should be sliding downhill pretty fast.
    The vanilla versions will be released first once complete. Then i'll work on the Enhanced versions(the ones with the subfactions) and re-publish them as such when done.

Yeah the subfactions is what excites me the most, tbh. They won't overturn the core factions concept too much, yet their unique features(as their box descriptions and stat points suggest) will give each one its own playstyle to employ.

This is what the whole concept idea aims to. I'd like to see it happen, even though the coming of Reforged had me somewhat upset. :/ We'll see.
    P.S. Beyond the Dark Portal will not have subfaction, but a similar concept focused around heroes.

12. LordDxl

LordDxl

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the reply! I also wanted to ask you if you could perhaps give a list of the orcish subfactions, like you have for the humans (that list on the first page of this post). If not, that's ok, I'm just curious to see how the horde clans will differ in terms of units available and whatnot.

13. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, absolutely nothing has been said about the human subfactions' units, so i don't know how would you see the difference in terms of units available and whatnot.
    Anyway, the orc campaign will start very soon, so as i did before starting with the humans, i will create tables for the orcs as well.
    Anyway thank you for the question: i love curiosity! :D

14. LordDxl

LordDxl

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was talking in general terms, like I can assume Azeroth will have footmen, knights and mages, Lordaeron will have very good paladins, Dalaran will have good mages etc, based on the information you've given us :wink:

15. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's a clever deduction, yet just the PEAK of the Iceberg! ;)
    Finally with the weekend off-work ahead, looking forward to gain more ground with this.

16. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Of course, it makes sence.
    - Lordaeron should have regular units (Peasants, Militia, Footman, Knights/Paladins, Archers, Blistae, Mages, Gryphon Riders);
    - Silver Hand Army should be focused on stronger melee units (stronger Footman and Knight/Paladin units with either more health or increased attack/armor to make them more resistant than the regular units);
    - Dalaran Army should have enhanced spellcasters to make them somewhat efficient than normal, Lordaeron spellcasters (Clerics and Conjurers with faster mana regeneration (0.30-0.40 mana/second), maybe more health or some new spells?);
    - Alterac Army shouldn't be so strong and numerous, since they're not much of an army. I recommend making them focused on Militia and light Footman resistance with a few Knights and Mages rather than making them a strong army like the one of Lordaeron, since Alterac Army is mostly consisted of peasants, villagers, civilians and Footman army;
    - Dwarven Army should include Miner (a replacement of a human Peasant), Guardian (a unit that would have the same fighting capabilities as a human Footman), regular Riffleman, Shieldbreaker (I recommend making this unit a bit stronger than a human Knight with at least more health if not more armor and attack points), Mortar Team, Flying Machine, Siege Engine and a Gryphon Rider unit. Dwarves are good engineers, just like goblins for orcs, so if you intend to make ships, than I highly recommend making a Submarine unit besides all the other regular sea vehicles (Destroyer, Battleship, Oil Tanker and Transport). Upgrades for sea vehicles (armor and attack points) shouldn't be included;
    - High Elven Army of Quel'thalas is mostly focused on archers, so there will not be much of a difference about high elves. In reguards to the Elven race, their techtree should include: Swordsman, (female) Archer that can be upgraded to Ranger (similar to Troll Berserker from Troll Headhunter upgrade from the original TFT), Blistae as a siege weapon, Priest, Sorceress, and Dragonhawk Rider. Overall, in my opinion, the High Elven faction should be consisted of the simple high elf units that are used in the original WC3/TFT campaign (High/Blood Elves).
    Of course, there can always be other numerous (custom) units and models included other than the ones I recommended, which is always good to see in any campaign.

And that concludes my view of the WC2 human factions. It's just my opinion, so I hope it was somewhat helpful. After all, it's @LordPerenoldeII 's decision about what to do with each faction, which model of units to include etc.

17. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, as the Human campaign needs just a couple of touches to be 100% complete, the Orc one has started the march.
    Here are the panels for the Orc subfactions. Main post has also been updated. Feast your eyes. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
  19. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    And what about the Dragonmaw Clan? The clan was very important in this campaign, especially the leader of the clan, Zuluhed the Whacked, who captured Alexstrasza the Dragon Queen and brought her dragon children into the ranks of the Horde to fight against the humans.

20. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wanted to create a table for it, but i didn't do the same for the human Kul Tiras nation.
    Dragonmaw mainly helps the horde supplying dragons, and it is stationed around the Dark Portal with a base consisting only of Dragon Roost. I do have some plot plans for Zuluhed and some ideas for them but not in the main ToD campaign, since nothing has been ever said about them in the original game, not even in the expansion, briefing-wise.
    Kul Tiras supplies the alliance with ships, engines, naval warfare and stuff.
    Quel'Thalas supplies the alliance with elves, balistas, destroyers.
    Ironforge dwarves supply the alliance with Gryphon Riders(although their riders are from Northeron) and Demo squads.
    Gnomeregan gnomes supply the alliance with Inventors, Flying machines and submarines.
    These are the reasons i didn't put the said subfactions. There wouldn't be too much to say about them and their units are too few to form a subfaction themselves. Same goes for Kul Tiras and Dragonmaw Clan.
    For example, having a race of pirates or sailors would be cool, but it would also divert the two main faction's original appearance too much; and this is a fond remake i'm going to do.