1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice

War3 Model Editor

Submitted by Magos
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This Model Editor is not made by me, but is made by Magos.

War3 Model Editor is as the name suggests a Model Viewer and a Model Editor dedicated to Warcraft 3. It supports both loading and saving of .mdl and .mdx model formats which are used in Warcraft 3. It also supports .bmp, .tga, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pcx and .blp texture formats.

There is a buildt-in MPQ Browser that allows you to browse any MPQ archive, which also includes Warcraft 3 map files (.w3m and .w3x). The MPQ Browser has been optimized for speed and is very fast to load and use. The Browser is customizable so you can add/remove your own icons and filters.

Features
Features

* Model Viewer
* Model Editor
* Geoset Importing/Exporting
* Can save/load the model formats *.mdl and *.mdx
* Can save/load the texture formats .bmp, .tga, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pcx and .blp
* Can import other model formats (importers stored in DLLs)
* Ability to convert between the model formats
* Ability to convert between the texture formats
* MPQ Browser (very fast loading)
* Support for custom listfiles
* Support for custom MPQ filters & icons

Extras

* Loading Screen Creator
* A tool to create colored text for Warcraft 3

Supported Importers

* md2 (Quake 2)
* ms3d (Milkshape)

{UPDATE}
Hey people, it's Rui. I have updated the tool to v1.07 and added some keywords for searching. Enjoy!

Keywords:
warcraft, 3, III, magos, editor, model, war3, wc3
Contents

War3 Model Editor (Binary)

Reviews
PurplePoot: Approved for extreme usefulness, whether as a mapper or a modeler.
  1. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Generally you can change the colors of particle effects in the node manager. Sometimes the particles use a texture that already has color though so you need to change the texture used to a different one (for example change redstar.blp to yellowstar.blp) a bunch of textures can be found in the MPQ library. Just right click and select Use as Texture.

Customizing In-game SFX
    Here's a tutorial

2. LightOfPeople

LightOfPeople

You need to download the d3d9_35.dll in this link: https://www.dll-files.com/download/3ef18b78d17c962f2b71ac1cb7757684/d3dx9_35.dll.html?c=UEt2U0VyeWkyaVVGUzZGVU1Ya0xidz09;)
    and extract it, and move it to the War3 Model Editor Folder, and you have done TADA, open Model Editor and enjoy :wink::wink::wink::wink:

3. pyf

pyf

@LightOfPeople : fyi, @Pillage was last seen here in January 2009.

d3dx9_35.dll comes with the DirectX 9.0c Runtime by Microsoft.

Therefore it is both a much better and safer solution, to install the DirectX9.0c End-User Runtime properly instead.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/179113/how-to-install-the-latest-version-of-directx
    (use the official Web Installer by Microsoft)

** update **
    I personally would never download a thing from the site you linked to... :bored:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  4. LightOfPeople

LightOfPeople

:eek::rolleyes::eek::eek::confused::vw_wtf:Ok, thanks you i will download this Direct 9.0c, thanks you bro :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

5. LightOfPeople

LightOfPeople

Hey bro, can you help me, why i can't open War3x.MPQ in Model Editor , i need someone help me

Attached Files:

6. pyf

pyf

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  7. LightOfPeople

LightOfPeople

What is the game properly, can you help me pls!!

8. LordDz

LordDz

In the War3 model editor, open the mpq browser and click on Open MPQ Archive.
    Don't use the already listed .mpqs, since those use a fixed path which does not fit with your current installation of Warcraft.

9. pyf

pyf

My installation path is C:\Jeux\Warcraft III, and the direct access to the contents of the four mpqs (War3, War3x, War3xLocal, War3Patch) works flawlessly on XP.

Therefore, no fixed / hardcoded path is being used here.

Warcraft III *must* be installed, either by using the setup of the original game CD(s), or by using Blizzard's official digital downloader / installer.

Once the game has been installed, one should not move the game's folder nor change its name / path directly, because it will break things. To move the game's folder to another location, one must first uninstall the game, then reinstall it elsewhere the official way.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  10. LordDz

LordDz

Alrighty, but I have it in Games\Warcraft 3 and it doesn't work.

We can sit and argue how proper installation of the game makes the shortcuts work, but my method gave him a proper way of fixing this.

11. pyf

pyf

A clean reinstall from your official CD / installer may fix it imho.

Out of curiosity, did you successfully patch your game by using Blizzard's official patcher? And what is your OS?

One can browse for any mpq archive anywhere with it. Therefore, it looks more like a workaround to me.

At least one problem related to his game's installation remains unsolved imho.

12. LightOfPeople

LightOfPeople

Hey pyf, do you have any link of Warcraft III TFT and ROC version 1.24e, I need pls :p:p:p:p

13. pyf

pyf

I understand you mean the official v1.24e patches for RoC and TFT?

In which case, the links below will lead you to a 2014 backup archive of Blizzard's (once) public folder:
    - Patches for RoC
    - Patches for TFT

14. Alethos

Alethos

I have DirectX 12 but I get the following error message:

"The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

What gives?

15. jondrean

jondrean

Could be that DX12 discards deprecated functionality like newer OpenGL versions.

16. pyf

pyf

17. xDeathKnightx

xDeathKnightx

Thanks, doing this now to see if it works. DirectX loves trying to install Bing doesn't it?

18. Alethos

Alethos

Oh I forgot to reply... It worked for me! Thank you! Also yes- you have to uncheck all the bloatware they try and package with it.

19. pyf

pyf

@xDeathKnightx: before you can download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, Microsoft may suggest additional downloads suited for your OS, such as Bing or their Malicious Software Removal Tool. As Alethos said, simply uncheck what you do not want, and then click 'No thanks and continue'.

@Alethos: no news is good news. Glad your issue is solved. :smile:

20. xDeathKnightx

xDeathKnightx

Hi pyf, I got it working and got the model file texture paths, all good now, thanks mate. Just don't know who to credit for the model :/