- Jun 12, 2010
What does this do better then vex's and wc3slkopt?Oh mine. Bless the one @actboy168, who made this optimization. This is even surpass Vexorian's Optimization, Wc3SLKOpt and other optimization too. Very clean UI, easy to use, fast progress and most importantly, it allow to optimize the huge object data all at one without bugs. Not to mention, it supports different versions of WE. Seriously, you deserve more +rep than this.
There are few points coming from this new tool, compared to:What does this do better then vex's and wc3slkopt?
It also breaks engineering upgrade and other stuff if one uses that option so its better not to use it, I have forgotten if that options useable in wc3slkopt. So I agree its better then wc3slkopt however I am unsure about it being better then vex's, would need a second opinion I suppose.There are few points coming from this new tools, compared to:
- Similar to wc3slkopt, compress MDX but not completely remove all vertex, which may causes twisted models. For some unknown reasons, this tool generate much faster and optimize effect exactly as it claims, resulting in-game boost.
- Do not have more options to optimize each object data like it seems, this tools keep all tooltips of WE intact, while wc3slkopt wipe out all of them. With this tool, we get also much smaller size map and huge loading boost similar to wc3slkopt
2. Vex's (VXJWTSOPT)
- This tool is very easy to use, and right now keep updating for latest versions. It optimizes trigger scripts faster and support 3 formats!!!, and does thing exactly what it claims. Vex's is problematic, it requires more knowledge to use it and the map can become unplayable and not even appear during map selection screen (if you use different kinds of scripts such as vJass, USWM, cJass, Lua at the same time). Using Vex's optimization actually increase map even bigger and produce more files.
I feel like this tool is a combination of optimization tools, but not mess everything up and straight to the point.
But still there are some flaws of this tools, it need to be updated to avoid:
- Expose Icon position of some hidden-system abilities, (For example, Select Hero options, Sharing Shop), what you get is a missing tooltip icon (basically Select User icon) which over-laps other items while playing).--
- It does something to hotkey system as people said, but i'm not too sure. Need more tests.
The most awesome use of this tool by far is the ability to convert map data to a readable and easy to parse format, so you can edit object data programatically using whatever programming language you wish. This is something that Vex's optimizer could never do (and never set out to do).It also breaks engineering upgrade and other stuff if one uses that option so its better not to use it, I have forgotten if that options useable in wc3slkopt. So I agree its better then wc3slkopt however I am unsure about it being better then vex's, would need a second opinion I suppose.
Extract this file into the "data" folder in your w3x2lni folder. Then open config.ini with a text editor (such as Notepad) and find a line with:
data = enUS-1.27.1
Then change it to:
data = enUS-1.32.8
What about hotkey loses for upgrades beyond first levels (for example like Iron Forged Swords upgrade)? Will be this fixed?I'm glad many people like this tool.
However, I am no longer engaged in WC3 related development, so I will not actively fix bugs. (in the past, 80% of bugs were found and fixed in my own use).
But I will continue to maintain this tool. If you find any bugs, you can tell me on this post or GitHub. It's better to attach the specific reproduction process. The demo map is the best.
Yeah, I saw changes on github, and tried to copy these changes, but i have messed up with the changes in metadata ini of game datasets and placed in wrong place (wrong line of code) a variable cant_cut = true, and then I thought it was an unsucessfull attempt to fix hotkeys xD.This has been fixed.
You could manual update the scripts from Github.
Please give me a demon map, thank you.Yeah, I saw changes on github, and tried to copy these changes, but i have messed up with the changes in metadata ini of game datasets and placed in wrong place (wrong line of code) a variable cant_cut = true, and then I thought it was an unsucessfull attempt to fix hotkeys xD.
Thanks for telling, so I've now finally noticed my mistake and changed to the right thing and now can feel the might of hotkeys for upgrades once again in SLK optimization .
But I've noticed a minor issue that SLK optimization removes (nullifies) imported UnitSkin.txt, which is kinda supposed to be a way to make a sd/hd compability (at least in the bright future, for now it doesn't work with custom units, only with the original ones ). Any ways/plans to deal with such an issue?
There. If I remember correctly I've changed the Sorceress model to... Jailor Kassan model in Reforged via imported UnitSkins.txtPlease give me a demon map, thank you.
I recommend mentioning the version of Warcraft III you are using. I think Reforged changed a lot of the asset paths so maybe old optimization tricks no longer work or need to be made more robust to accommodate this change.lost my unit's weapon sound if i converted to slk and only use Remove WE-Only files,does anyone met this situation?
Its 1.32 version,only use this tool can protect my map,the others tools report "couldnt find the map's script file".I recommend mentioning the version of Warcraft III you are using. I think Reforged changed a lot of the asset paths so maybe old optimization tricks no longer work or need to be made more robust to accommodate this change.