• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to fix W3X2lni for patch 1.33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello hive,

.I'm attempting to fix W3X2lni for the latest Warcraft 3 patch. I know how to read and write LUA, which the program is written in. However I lack the understanding of Warcraft 3's internal object editor fomat and would like some guidance. By loading the latest patch data from 1.33 I can read the object data but it comes out corrupted (You can open it in WE but its all wrong). If you used previous Wacraft 3 patch files the object data would be "skipped" entirely. Here is what I have so far:

Attachments

• w3x2lni_enUS_v2.7.2 133.zip
    14.1 MB · Views: 59
  • (4)monolith test_obj.zip
    538.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Level 17
I mean using tools like this at all, or at least not until they get properly updated. My update was the bare minimum to make it not break on all object data. The things this tool assumed previously make it hard to update for new data separation, I had spent over an hour on it before giving up. If the tool-maker is gone, you can still get the modified scripts from my zip and continue from there, but I don't have the time to make something "proper" out of this

sorry I forgot to add, I used the slk feature.

That is really great man, that You used your own time for that. We all tanks you. I have currently a project, I really like it, and I'm blocked due to that tool and v1.33 updates.

So if I can help, I'm there for testing or whatever. (I does not have skills, yet about data map system) but if someone can show me (or give me a documentation link), I can try to help.

PS: Sorry for that crappy english.

Level 17
sorry I forgot to add, I used the slk feature.

That is really great man, that You used your own time for that. We all tanks you. I have currently a project, I really like it, and I'm blocked due to that tool and v1.33 updates.

So if I can help, I'm there for testing or whatever. (I does not have skills, yet about data map system) but if someone can show me, I can try to help.

PS: Sorry for that crappy english.
It's ok, but sadly, the SLK part is the hardest to do and would probably require the original creator: w3x2lni set up a system that one file goes to one SLK, which from my short attempts doesn't work with the new data formats, since now it's 2 files for one SLK.
I would recommend skipping the SLK step, since SLKs aren't faster to load anymore

Level 17
ok,
so wich process do you recommand me to do, for protecting my map?
For obfuscating a map, object data is not as vulnerable now with 1.33. Use wc3protector or whatever it's called to obfuscate the script if it's jass, and to delete WE-only files, but make sure to disable all SLK stuff and script inlining because that's not usable anymore.
If it's Lua, you can use anything that would be used on "normal" Lua code, and then also remove WE-only files by any means.
If that wc3protector or whatever doesn't also corrupt the MPQ to remove the listfile and make it read-only, find some tool that does.

But this is all majorly off-topic here, and protection is not a topic I care much for.
Hopefully it helped you, but also just look around Hive for how to protect stuff, but NO slk stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.