• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Help With Map Optimizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Is this what you are looking for. These are the sizes of the mentioned files that increase after optimization. Files not mentioned either remain the same or decrease in size.

war3mapUnits.doo: 2902 to 12224
war3map.w3u: 39501 to 40703
war3map.w3t: 25757 to 43530
war3map.w3a: 138597 to 214855

Level 17
Well, i have no clue of what is happening, but these files are not related to map script, so neither (v)Jass.
Try to play with wc3mapoptimizer options.

Also i don't know if the widgetizer increases or decreases the map size, but it worths a try.

Alternatively, after wc3mapoptimizer, you could manually replace these files by their lower size ones.

Level 30
I think that you have older version of Vexorian's optimizer, or you picked a one from unreliable source. Anyways, tell me one thing: do you have any sounds imported?

I am sure you do. Just convert all the .wav files you got in there with .mp3.
Your map should be fixed.

This is a very old glitch with Vex's Optimizer I have encountered few times before.

Level 17
I think that you have older version of Vexorian's optimizer, or you picked a one from unreliable source. Anyways, tell me one thing: do you have any sounds imported?

I am sure you do. Just convert all the .wav files you got in there with .mp3.
Your map should be fixed.

This is a very old glitch with Vex's Optimizer I have encountered few times before.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded it from the proper site (linked in first post). I don't have any imported sounds. I only use ones that are available in the World Editor. However, I have always used these sounds, so they can't be the problem.

EDIT: I downloaded the program again, but still no difference.
EDIT 2: I ran the Optimizer on an old version of my map (with the same settings), and it made it 27% smaller. The problem must be with my new version somehow...
EDIT 3: Perhaps the cause could be the custom loading screen and minimap preview that are new to the latest version?

Level 17
Update:
The problem is with the loading screen! Once I removed the following imports from the map, the optimized size decreased by 27%:

Imported
LoadingScreen.mdx
LoadingScreenTL.blp
LoadingScreenTR.blp
LoadingScreenBL.blp
LoadingScreenBR.blp

war3mapPreview.tga
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Turn off the one option in vexorians optimizer than effects .blp files. Namingly "Clean BLPs". Might also be due to the different type of compression used being less effective on that particular type of .blp compression. Especially if you are using palleted storage in your .blp files it might make a difference.

If that does not help, try storing the loading screens in a different format of .blp (you should have JPEG, uncompressed, palleted and texture compression to choose from although I am not sure if texture compression was only introduced it .blp 2.0 (WoW)).

Status
Not open for further replies.