• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vrykul Death Knight

Don't forget to give in credits, once you use this model.

210592-albums5125-picture91405.png

Keywords:
Giant, Vrykul, Viking, Deathknight, Human, Mutant, Fists, Armored, Juggernaut, Lich, Ponytail, Beard, Hodir, Giant
Contents

Vrykul Death Knight (Model)

Vrykul Death Knight (Model)

Reviews
18:15, 12th Nov 2014 MiniMage:There's a lot of proportion issues, the animations also need work. Also, lower the file size. The issues has been demonstrated rather clearly, so, with that said, when you get past the foreseeable future, please do go...

M

18:15, 12th Nov 2014
MiniMage:There's a lot of proportion issues, the animations also need work. Also, lower the file size.

I am not going to update this, or any other model of mine in the foreseeable future.
The issues has been demonstrated rather clearly, so, with that said, when you get past the foreseeable future, please do go back and update this.

21:45, 14th Dec 2014
Deolrin: Alright, since the creator of the model stated that they are not willing to work on it any further, I'm approving this now with a low rating. There are many problems with the proportions and animations(which are lacking in both quality and quantity), as well as other miscellaneous issues - no footprints, a lack of weapon which downgrades usability(which I realize is more of an artistic choice), lack of collision objects, etc. I must say though, that the portrait is well done. It is a real shame that you have decided you won't update this model anymore.

Level 9
the head looks weird along with the gloves the attack animations look almost the same give it better animations for attack and perhaps a real weapon besides just punching and it feels almost too much like it's from WOW(i'm not saying it is) I really like what you did with the arthas textures on the armor though 4.2/5

Level 34
Thank you for the comments, folks.

the head looks weird along with the gloves the attack animations look almost the same give it better animations for attack and perhaps a real weapon besides just punching and it feels almost too much like it's from WOW(i'm not saying it is) I really like what you did with the arthas textures on the armor though 4.2/5

I am pretty sure that writing all this in one gigantic sсentence without dots or commas is a bad idea. I am not going to follow your advices, but still, thanks for your feedback. Partly i consider it fair and right.

Level 12
It look nice and can be useful in many maps but shouldnt have him a sword or an axe ?

Level 60
Despite model's huge filesize it only takes ~120 kilobytes of mapspace:
210592-albums5125-picture91402.png

Attachement points are scaled to fit model's size.

Also i would like not to have this model rated by mr. MiniMage for a number of personal reasons.

If model size is an issue, try merging the portrait into the model itself. It could save you a few more KB.

Level 34
If model size is an issue, try merging the portrait into the model itself. It could save you a few more KB.

It's not an issue since MPQ (wc3 map and campaighn archive format) compresses model's mesh a lot. Sure, filesize is big, but it's more or less fictional since it's only 120kb with portrait, when imported into the map.

Level 34
I had really hoped for an epic, awesome Runeaxe. But it's still an awesome model. Although the attack animation need more work, currently they feel more like stabbing something with a tiny dagger.

I've imagined him using his fists as weapons.

Thank you for the feedback, but I am not updating the model since i am done with Warcraft III. And i love this model how it turned out to be now.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Good to see this finished! I thought this was pretty cool. As it turns out, it is. xD

That being said, he does seem a bit... bland? Or perhaps "stock" is the word. Probably really useful for an RPG (with attachable weapons/armor, etc), rather than as any particular RTS unit. Meh.

Level 6
Dude this model has potential but it has several issues that prevent it from being a good model:

1. Animations: the walk animation looks stiff and the attack animations don't look strong, he is throwing punches and if you add weapon to it, it has to be a weapon similar to the weapon used by Illidan or Maiev in warcraft, or it will look weird, also from his attack animations I wouldn't say he is a giant, if he is a giant he should be aiming his attacks toward the ground.

2. Proportions: the upper part of his leggs are too short and he seems to have no hips which make him look quite odd.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just pointing it out for you to improve the model.

Level 9
Thank you for the comments, folks.

I am pretty sure that writing all this in one gigantic sсentence without dots or commas is a bad idea. I am not going to follow your advices, but still, thanks for your feedback. Partly i consider it fair and right.

Sorry About the lack of commas or dots, I usually Judge how many commas by I's and how long it takes for me to read my own sentences that sentence takes me 2 seconds to read, I guess I read faster.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Is it so hard for you to accept a fist-fighting giant in a fantasy world?
No... Fist-fighting is cool, too. But if one were seriously trying to make a fist-fighting-dude, one would think it would have a wide(r) variety of cool fist-fighting animations; like martial arts jujitsu-tai-chi-kung-pao kinda stuff.

It's not bad. It just means he might fit better in an RPG rather than specific RTS. It's a good model. : )

Level 34
Well, what can i say, i always tend to sacrifice proportions in order to focus viewer's attention on some other part, in this case shoulders and arms. In my opinion it looks good enough now, though I realy wanted to finish it asap, so i haven't realy worked on attack animations.

The textures are not stretched and animations have just enough frames to look good in wc3, so i still think that it's more or less a sucess.

If you don't like the hips you can edit the model (and every other model of mine as well) in order to satisfy your needs. I am not going to update this, or any other model of mine in the foreseeable future.

Everyone, thanks for your feedback.

Level 13
Well, what can i say, i always tend to sacrifice proportions in order to focus viewer's attention on some other part, in this case shoulders and arms. In my opinion it looks good enough now, though I realy wanted to finish it asap, so i haven't realy worked on attack animations.

The textures are not stretched and animations have just enough frames to look good in wc3, so i still think that it's more or less a sucess.

If you don't like the hips you can edit the model (and every other model of mine as well) in order to satisfy your needs. I am not going to update this, or any other model of mine in the foreseeable future.

Everyone, thanks for your feedback.

Too bad I really want to use this guy, along with this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/gathersouls-241449/ it fits him well.

Level 8
Uhmmm... there is a small proportion problem, just on his legs, need to be fatter.
For the rest, it's pretty cool. ;)