• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Volcanic Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
My newest terrain. Wanted to do something volcanic, but took me a long time to decide on what exactly to do :p
Model used

Attachments

• Volcanic Citadel.jpg
    Volcanic Citadel.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 415
Level 10
They were being a bit harsh, but you are there complete oposite. This is no where near a 4/5, giving someone that because you feel bad does more harm then good. And if you meant that rating then... =/ go check out the legendary terrain thread.

Fiery / red terrain are pretty hard to pull off looking good, and you being a beginner isn't the best place to start. But as for some constructive-criticism:

-More & better thought at tile variation: As of right now there are 3(4?) tiles in the screen shot total, and there all in huge separate chunks, mix them up in a manner that makes them look good (this takes practice to get good at, or just a good eye =)).

-The fog is a bit strong, you maximize the picture and it is a slap to the face with red. Just tone that down a bit, or use some custom lighting etc. to achieve the effect you want.

-The random fire-spam does nothing but makes most people want to down-rate your terrain =/, you really have to be careful with that. Maybe just done it down and put it in places where it looks like there would be fire coming out like a fissure etc. instead of just flat barren ground.

Goodluck on improving man =)

Level 18
the fire doodads are bad. i get the feeling that if i stand on the lava, i wont die, and if i stand in fire i imiidiatly die.

and the citadel is small. Perhaps scaling the citadel with the terrain would be wise....you know what, i just might do something like this....lol brb xD

Level 10
Honestly this isnt that bad - what you need is firey craters in the lava then the fire coming out of them.

Also the doodad "fog (edit in obeject editor)" turned red and lowered into the lava so only the top sticks out, or maybe some regional dungeon fog red.

And more rock spires on left side. Also make global fog a bit thicker.

I think with some improvments this would be good terrain.

Level 10
Lol, you guys are harsh. Anyways, i see a improvment but it could use alot more.

This is a terrain i made with lava, maybe it will help - or maybe it sucks just as bad as yours :con:

165125-albums1303-picture9922.jpg

Level 6
i dislike lava terrains cause usually you cant make them real life like. you should have a shit load of heat waves or smoke coming up from that lava, but even if you could do that it would drown out anything else in the picture

Edit: keep working on this though, your update looked A LOT better :D

Level 9
You call this terraining?

Don't be so disrespectful, hes obviously beginning; everyone had to start somewhere.
Jackass' comments like that arn't appriciated. at all. Can we see some of your terrains please?

-Bane

Level 18
Dark Master, it might be smart if you don't post here anymore. The only posts you had here so far was a spamming disrespectful sentence with no suggestions or any reason why to call it that, and a suggestion to remove fire in a lava terrain...

Anyway, the first image was low on detail on the terrain, but the citadel was alright. On the second image, I suggest more variation in the tileset. Also, it might be an idea if you place 1 or 2 fires on the edge of the pure lava. When lava hits something that it can burn, it will burn. So any (yet) unscathed tarrain that is about to be touched by lava to burn could be a point to place a flame.

Good luck and don't let people like Dark Master let you demotivate to keep trying. He is just the pain in the ass in this thread, so you can just ignore him.

Level 9
:cool:
His right,but he is being a little too harsh...
I think it has some potencional but you must put more effort,imagination,custom stuff etc

:spell_breaker:
And use the edit button,dont spam!

Thanks,
:spell_breaker:The_Grapist:spell_breaker:

Level 17
Thanks for all the comments, but i think im gonna continue working on my rpg for a while. Btw i used stormsphere for the sky, i had another sky originally, but it fucked up and was just a cube of sky in the distance...

Status
Not open for further replies.