• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PurgeandFire111's Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some terrain pics that I made. Enjoy!

Pic 1-3: Ambushed - Extinct Cinematic Project: The army prepare to face the undead and are having a meeting to decide the gameplan...

Pic 4: Defending Kingdoms - Dormant Defence Project: The army prepares to defend their tower from the mysterious rampaging creatures...

Pic 5: Golem George; Random Ashenvale Terrain: George wanders and looks around in the vast jungle.
[Note: George is currently on vacation at the moment due to a huge fright from a respected user, I don't know when/if he'll come back...]

Pic 6: Sheep Bathroom; Random Dungeon Terrain: The sheep looks around for the bathroom but gets lost and poops on the ground...

Pic 7: Volcanic Stupidity; Random Volcanic Terrain: The dude finally catches a volcanic eruption on film and is about to be eaten or be exploded from the flammable barrel of explosives...

Enjoy! :grin:

Please leave feedback to make me better and encourage me!

Last edited:
Level 13
Some things that could fix deckboys suggestions:
-Change the max/min size of the tree doodad and alter the trees by increasing/decreasing sizes
-Change the min size for the waterfall doodad to something small like .3, then press the Page Down key with the waterfall selected in the WE (this will flatten it out)
-Use stalagtites on the celings to create a more natural look in the cavern

Personally I think it looks nice, but it seems like its missing something. Try adding some air units (like albatross or something) in to make the sky not seem so plain.
Also, im curious about the waterfall in the first image. Since when does water come out of rocks? lol.

Nice but. . .
-Use custom trees please
-Flatten the waterfalls you used for the river
-The cave is WAY to straight and repetitive

- Ok.
- Ok.
- Ok.

Just so you know, these were made a long time ago, so I forgot to edit them and I dunno if I can't cuz I think I deleted the files.

Some things that could fix deckboys suggestions:
-Change the max/min size of the tree doodad and alter the trees by increasing/decreasing sizes
-Change the min size for the waterfall doodad to something small like .3, then press the Page Down key with the waterfall selected in the WE (this will flatten it out)
-Use stalagtites on the celings to create a more natural look in the cavern

Personally I think it looks nice, but it seems like its missing something. Try adding some air units (like albatross or something) in to make the sky not seem so plain.
Also, im curious about the waterfall in the first image. Since when does water come out of rocks? lol.

- Ok.
- Ok.
- Ok.

For the stalagtites, I did create sum, but they went away when I applied the camera in WE I think cuz of the field of view or something.

when placing trees, dont simply use the largest brush you can. Place them logically (u spam with them), and as herio said , set maximum scale to, say, 2, and minimum to 1. that would make it look more realistic. it is not point in quantity.

- Yea, I know, I did that a long time ago as I said, but thanks..
- Ok, I agree it gives a more realistic effect...

@Herio-san:
Lol... The waterfall cliff is cutoff from the camera, there is actually something like a pond of river on it, i forgot. :emote_grin:

Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.