• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Bytes

Is there interest for female voice acting for models?

• Yes, please!!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • There might be.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Not really, no.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at this time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, I am curious, how much interest and use would voice acting garner here? I am interested in offering my feminine voice for anyone who wants to create new sound bytes for models and whatnot (given the lines to speak), BUT I want to make sure that I don't say, "Hey, everybody! Who wants to use my voice?" and get nothing but crickets for an audience. We artists are a sensitive lot, y'know.

UPDATE: I am so excited to see such interest in using my voice! I really wasn't sure how well it would be received. But I am glad to help out anyone in need of a female voice for their models, games, etc. I do not yet know the range of my voice alterations but as I work onward, we shall see! I will make one note here that I will not do any explicit material such as vulgar language, erotica, or anything that I would not feel comfortable saying in regular conversation. This does not mean that my availability to do impressions and the like are severely limited (I quote films and people all the time in regular conversation, to @Kyrbi0 's envy), rather everything else is open.

tldr:
I can do:
- soprano and alto ranges
- impressions
- mimic sounds

I will not do:
- explicit material
- vulgar/blasphemous content
- erotica

Anywho, I look forward to all the many projects that I can help with all of you! It's going to be FUN!

=========================================================

Here are some samples of my work. The files are raw and unedited, unless indicated in the file name otherwise. Files attached at the bottom.

Name
Editing?

Night Elven Lunar Disciple
Noise Removal

Forsaken Apothecary
Noise Removal & Echo

Attachments

• 2016_08_17_Night Elven Lunar Disciple.mp3
    859.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 2016_08_17_Night Elven Lunar Disciple_Edited.mp3
    830.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 2016_08_17_Forsaken Apothecary.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • 2016_08_17_Forsaken Apothecary_Edited.mp3
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Level 3
Sweet! Heck, yeah! Mind you, I don't have much experience, but I would love to help out the best I can. :D

Level 3
Ha, ha! I figured it out! Turns out my phone doesn't believe in uploading voice files. Stupid smart phone...

Anyway, enjoy!

Attachments

• Premin Voice Sample.mp3
    158.8 KB · Views: 91
Level 3
Okay, so, here's something new. I recorded a conversation I had with a friend just talking about the new AWESOME movie "Zootopia" so that you all can hear how I sound on a regular basis (per request). I shall get to work on some Warcraft-related stuff so, don't fret! All shall come in its time. ;)

Attachments

• Premin Resting Voice in Conversation.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
Level 31
Extremely clean and pretty voice, great sound quality. I have been struggling with female voices for as long as I can remember, in the end I am left with poor quality unprofessional voice of my sister or robotic text readers. Can you twist your voice and achieve another version or you prefer the natural version? I would really like to have you on board with me, plenty of female characters currently. You can check my project Acheron's Affliction, link in my signature, if you are interested, let me know. Thanks to deepstrasz for pointing me to you.

Level 3
Extremely clean and pretty voice, great sound quality. I have been struggling with female voices for as long as I can remember, in the end I am left with poor quality unprofessional voice of my sister or robotic text readers. Can you twist your voice and achieve another version or you prefer the natural version? I would really like to have you on board with me, plenty of female characters currently. You can check my project Acheron's Affliction, link in my signature, if you are interested, let me know. Thanks to deepstrasz for pointing me to you.
Sure! Depending on how you want my voice to "twist", I could probably achieve that. Send me a pm and we'll get this thing rolling!

Level 31
Great! I will contact you with the lines as soon as I can, along with all other information. There might be characters that needs re-acting and so on, so I need to dig it up first. Project is on hold though (I currently lack the time). For how long are you planning to be active and available (looking forward to a year or few)? Can I turn to you anytime I wish or your services are limited? I am glad to have a professional voice on board, thank you. :)

Level 3
For how long are you planning to be active and available (looking forward to a year or few)? Can I turn to you anytime I wish or your services are limited? I am glad to have a professional voice on board, thank you. :)
My availability is completely open so have at it. Just keep in mind that I have Kyrbi0's kids to watch. ;)

Level 26
Hey, was directed here by Kyrbi0. I'd like to request a female soundset for the female goblin hero "Goblin Bombardier", which is basically a bomb throwing goblin chick with the added ability of being able to summon amphibious explosive robot ants.

Actually, upon looking into the thread. Apparently you've already been working on this. Neat.
I'm using this model for it. Goblin Bombardier

Also, here's a link to the mod. [Miscellanous / Other] - Goblin Dominator Squad 2.0

A while back I had requested DivineArms for male soundsets in his thread. Voice Acting Service!
Tradeprince Mech (Goblin), requested by MiniMage: Voice Example - TradePrince Mech.mp3
Flame Tank (Goblin), requested by MiniMage: Voice Example - Flame Tank.mp3
If you could match them with similar level of passion and quality, that would be lovely. Then, I'll be sure to request a lot from you.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey there! I'm an aspiring WarCraft III modder, and I'm currently looking for voice actresses for a few of my characters. I've listened to your voice sample, and I think you'd be really good for one of the parts. The character is High Inquisitor Sally Whitemane from World of Warcraft (I'm including a YouTube link to the few lines of dialogue she has in WoW - hers are at the end). I'm not looking for an impression of that voice by any means, but that's roughly the sort of voice I'm going for. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll upload all of Whitemane's dialogue from the campaign.

Either way, it's good to see someone giving voice acting a go here on the Hive, and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Level 3
Hey there! I'm an aspiring WarCraft III modder, and I'm currently looking for voice actresses for a few of my characters. I've listened to your voice sample, and I think you'd be really good for one of the parts. The character is High Inquisitor Sally Whitemane from World of Warcraft (I'm including a YouTube link to the few lines of dialogue she has in WoW - hers are at the end). I'm not looking for an impression of that voice by any means, but that's roughly the sort of voice I'm going for. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll upload all of Whitemane's dialogue from the campaign.

Either way, it's good to see someone giving voice acting a go here on the Hive, and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Thank you! And after listening to her voice, I'd say that's real easy to do. Send me the dialogue and I'll get to work on it!

To everybody else: My deepest apologies for taking so long! I have been ill for a while (still am, but better), but I shall do my best to post some work tonight! Don't hate meeeeeee! :p

Level 12
I actually don't know how to do PMs on the new site (which I really should), so I'm just going to upload the text file here. I'm excited to hear what you do with it! Thanks so much for the help! Feel free to make revisions to the dialogue if you feel it is necessary, provided of course that the same general meaning is kept.

Attachments

• WhitemaneDialogue.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 81
Level 3
Hey, everyone! I've posted some new sample work (brought to you by "breathy females, INC.") of a Night Elven Lunar Disciple and Forsaken Apothecary. Any thoughts would be most welcome!

I'd like to request a female soundset for the female goblin hero "Goblin Bombardier", which is basically a bomb throwing goblin chick with the added ability of being able to summon amphibious explosive robot ants.
I got your quotes, right here! With help from @Kyrbi0, having written all but one of the lines, these are a few quotes that could be used. You are more than welcome to say "yea" or "eww" and I'll work further on them. Please let me know your thoughts, lines you want, and anything else.

Attachments

• 2016_08_17_High Pitched Goblin.mp3
    605.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 2016_08_17_Low Pitched Goblin.mp3
    599.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 2016_08_17_Squeaky Goblin.mp3
    572.2 KB · Views: 67
Level 26
I've made many requests before. It's fine, as long as we know why there's a delay, we're not gonna complain. Whenever something happens that might delay things, the faster we are notified of this, the happier we'll be. The fact that there is a delay itself is fine. It's a hobby. We're not gonna be grumpy. :D

In regards to the three voice clips you linked me, It's probably not the right way to go about the female goblin sounds. Something like the Night Elf Archer's voice would be a better match. The goblin tone could then be ensured using a minor pitch change to the voice sample. Particularly with your voice, I think it'll work out alright

However, I've been thinking about an alternate soundset with less limitations. I've been thinking about a model I could redesign to use a female soundset.
I think my Goblin Steamboat could have female captain instead of a male one. The style of the bombardier is similar to this one. Although it is not the same.

First off, it's basically a steampowered pirate ship with an artillery cannon at the front. Goblin Steamboat

The model is still located in the "too simple" category because I haven't worked on it a long time. More distractions makes it easier to wait. Naturally, I'll fix the issues while I add the new female captain. Also, If you're in the mood to make a doodle for the design of the female pirate captain, please do and PM it to me, otherwise I'll probably make something stereotypical.

soundset-base_steamboat-png.245656

This is the soundset I'll be using as a base. I also thought about making some lines for you.

SummonWaterElementalCaster "Steamboat's ready, let's go for a hunt!"
WaterElementalDeath "(Technically speaking, I could probably just use an explosion here, but if you want, Idonno, making a death sound effect could be fun, I guess? Up to you, really.)"
WaterElementalPissed1 “Piracy – Hostile take over. Without the messy paperwork.”
WaterElementalPissed2 "Parleley, parlelellyleloooo, par le nee, partner, par... snip, parsley... Parley?"
WaterElementalPissed3 "With the right bribes, anything is street legal."
WaterElementalWhat1 "How about some action?"
WaterElementalWhat2 "Somebody call for some blasting?"
WaterElementalWhat3 "Need help with anything?"
WaterElementalWhat4 "Ya got my attention."
WaterElementalYes1 "We move."
WaterElementalYes2 "Let's get this cargo to safety."
WaterElementalYes3 "Onwards."
WaterElementalYes4 "Heading over."
WaterElementalYesAttack1 "They'll have no idea."
WaterElementalYesAttack2 "Ahaha, potential loot!"
WaterElementalYesAttack3 "We shall rain death from here!"
As for the steamboat. My goblins basically sound like something out of the 1970's mafia boss movies. So imagine a 1970's female mafia boss. I'm trying to distance them from the WoW goblins as much as possible.

The second video (The italian brooklyn accent one) truly start about.. 54seconds in.

Last edited:
Level 3
As for the steamboat. My goblins basically sound like something out of the 1970's mafia boss movies. So imagine a 1970's female mafia boss. I'm trying to distance them from the WoW goblins as much as possible.

The second video (The italian brooklyn accent one) truly start about.. 54seconds in.
Hmm... this'll be a challenge for me, so it may take a while. But I shall give it my best shot.

High pitch for the win.
Glad you liked it! :D Let me know if you want that voice for something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.