1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Voice Bytes

Discussion in 'Sound / Music Art' started by Premin, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
?

Is there interest for female voice acting for models?

1. Yes, please!!

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. There might be.

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Not really, no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not at this time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't mind one bit!

@MiniMage To be honest, @Kyrbi0 told me about the goblin bombardier so I thought I'd give it a shot. I shall post something soon. :)

2. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey there! I'm an aspiring WarCraft III modder, and I'm currently looking for voice actresses for a few of my characters. I've listened to your voice sample, and I think you'd be really good for one of the parts. The character is High Inquisitor Sally Whitemane from World of Warcraft (I'm including a YouTube link to the few lines of dialogue she has in WoW - hers are at the end). I'm not looking for an impression of that voice by any means, but that's roughly the sort of voice I'm going for. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll upload all of Whitemane's dialogue from the campaign.

Either way, it's good to see someone giving voice acting a go here on the Hive, and I wish you the best of luck with it!

3. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you! And after listening to her voice, I'd say that's real easy to do. Send me the dialogue and I'll get to work on it!

To everybody else: My deepest apologies for taking so long! I have been ill for a while (still am, but better), but I shall do my best to post some work tonight! Don't hate meeeeeee! :p

4. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I actually don't know how to do PMs on the new site (which I really should), so I'm just going to upload the text file here. I'm excited to hear what you do with it! Thanks so much for the help! Feel free to make revisions to the dialogue if you feel it is necessary, provided of course that the same general meaning is kept.

Attached Files:

5. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, everyone! I've posted some new sample work (brought to you by "breathy females, INC.") of a Night Elven Lunar Disciple and Forsaken Apothecary. Any thoughts would be most welcome!

I got your quotes, right here! With help from @Kyrbi0, having written all but one of the lines, these are a few quotes that could be used. You are more than welcome to say "yea" or "eww" and I'll work further on them. Please let me know your thoughts, lines you want, and anything else.

Attached Files:

6. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I've made many requests before. It's fine, as long as we know why there's a delay, we're not gonna complain. Whenever something happens that might delay things, the faster we are notified of this, the happier we'll be. The fact that there is a delay itself is fine. It's a hobby. We're not gonna be grumpy. :D

However, I've been thinking about an alternate soundset with less limitations. I've been thinking about a model I could redesign to use a female soundset.
    I think my Goblin Steamboat could have female captain instead of a male one. The style of the bombardier is similar to this one. Although it is not the same.

First off, it's basically a steampowered pirate ship with an artillery cannon at the front. Goblin Steamboat

The model is still located in the "too simple" category because I haven't worked on it a long time. More distractions makes it easier to wait. Naturally, I'll fix the issues while I add the new female captain. Also, If you're in the mood to make a doodle for the design of the female pirate captain, please do and PM it to me, otherwise I'll probably make something stereotypical.

[​IMG]

This is the soundset I'll be using as a base. I also thought about making some lines for you.

As for the steamboat. My goblins basically sound like something out of the 1970's mafia boss movies. So imagine a 1970's female mafia boss. I'm trying to distance them from the WoW goblins as much as possible.

The second video (The italian brooklyn accent one) truly start about.. 54seconds in.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    High pitch for the win.

8. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm... this'll be a challenge for me, so it may take a while. But I shall give it my best shot.

Glad you liked it! :D Let me know if you want that voice for something. :)