• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting - Maybe!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
If you ever find yourself in need of help I can put up as a voice actor if I'm needed untill then focus on what's important for the project.

Level 3
As long as there are no kids voice acting, something like this would be a nice addition.
But having to listen to underage boys who sound like girls would just make me alt-f4 instantly.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Yes however I whish to Voice Act.

*After Finished New Version With Voice Acting*
*At marko9 home* *marko9 looks comments in Hive workshop*

"Remixer: Do you know that you sound like an idiot? XDDDDDAHAHA I just laughed in that part "dark reveals" XDDDDD EHEHEHHE."

Really like these comments. I would like to hear how chinese speak english :) and marko9 it was a joke :) though you look like an idiot... ;D

Uh! And I got another idea we could decice who would be who.
Like -Kobas- himself could be some one like Squire and the dark lord ( or what you will call it idk ) if I will be voice actor I could be ranger or something like that and people who speak very low amount of shit. And surprice surpice another joke marko9 could be the food seller in the camp :) (and really sorry about these jokes marko9 if you want I can write them with red and set font 5x bigger so all can laugh. :D

But to the point I like the idea also +rep to you marko9 (If I can give it to you I need voluinteer if I can not so I can give some rep for -Kobas- forexample. :)

Level 6
I can try voice acting)
if you want me to record voice for some characters, contact me)
i can be a monk) and maybe a necromancer if there will be some xD)

Level 3
I personally think this is a bad idea. Have you guys seen that cinematic (can't remember the name) with all of Hive's allstars voice-acting? I did. And even though the idea and the cinematic itself was brilliant, hearing those people with all kinds of accents and microphone types made wanna vomit.

We are not a professional game-making company with recording booths, mixetes and other pro stuff; we are just some WC3 geeks with PC mics. Trust me when I say that this will not turn out good if the idea is accepted.

:cool:

Level 6
Well that is apsolutely true but if you and Kobas find someone with real studio and just get some guyz with deep good voice to act for you it would be briliant...

they should be lucky to find this guy)
and voice acting isn't much important, i agree with The_Mirai

Level 11
Let me first finish quests and story, we will easily import mp3 files and few lines of code ^_^

You are right, and I played it over and over again and the first intro just fits with no Unit Voices so i change my mind :)

That epic music just makes it stand out and its awesome, i have one question thou for you Kobas, how did you make the timing so precise!? ^_^

You are right, and I played it over and over again and the first intro just fits with no Unit Voices so i change my mind :)

That epic music just makes it stand out and its awesome, i have one question thou for you Kobas, how did you make the timing so precise!? ^_^
Well I made that in GUI first, I needed 20 min to make cinematic. I then needed 2 hours to convert it to vjass and make everything so precise :D

I tested it over 50 times for sure.
Now I just hit ESC and skip it :razz:

Level 24
Well Remixer that's because even though the result is the same with both GUI and vjass (mostly), you feel insanely more epic if you make it with vjass and it's less bug chanse. And it requieres much more skills to actully hack the map and make it appear in your name and most people whith so high skills perfer to make their own maps. (Or that's atleast what I've gathered I might be wrong.)

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
If you can pull this one off i suggest you start with voicing the main quest only, then side quests/dialog later. It doesn't feel unnatural to have only the important stuff voiced in my opinion (but of course the side quests and such other dialog should, if possible, be added later).

Level 24
The whole idea with SPRPG's is that they're supposed to be bigger then MPRPG's could ever be so my tip to -Kobas- is bombard the map size with more size.

Status
Not open for further replies.