1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Idea for voice acting in custom campaigns.

Discussion in 'Sound / Music Art' started by Augustus, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    While I was playing Reforged, I thought about what Blizzard could have done to get voice acting for new lines and I suddenly remembered the Jordan Peterson deepfake. I'm not going to link examples here because they are quite obscene but you can YouTube them if you wish. It was so accurate it was uncanny and maybe we could do something similar for custom campaigns.

Do you think something similar would be possible for custom campaigns? I don't know how deepfakes work but for example, if I want to use Thrall in a campaign and I want voice acting, perhaps I can upload Metzen's voice acting as samples so the program can learn how to mimick it.

If possible, why not use VA from both Warcraft 3 and WOW for even more accuracy? I imagine that the more VA there is for a character, the more accurate the result is.

Maybe we could also use this method to create samples for unit VAs too such as Grunts, Footmen and so on for multiple templates. Even random WoW characters for even more variety.

What do you think, is this possible?

2. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    It is absolutely possible, and quite a good idea actually. The problem will be making voices that are supposed to convey strong emotions like anger, sadness, happiness and so on. Making people shout or scream, laugh or any other kind of non-speech sounds.

3. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've thought about that but I have an idea for that too. Perhaps there we could feed the program with different types of voice acting to create sub-templates. So if you want angry Thrall, you give the program angry Thrall voice files.

4. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    Sure, one could do that, but it requires a lot of time to process the clips so for huge project this will be extremely time consuming. Having 5-6 different voice "sets" for each character.

5. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was thinking maybe a few people could work on the templates and then share them with the community.

6. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Had this idea some time back too, but as far as I know, there's no proper software you can get for free to achieve this, as well as the quality variying extremly if not an absurd amount of voicelines are imported.