• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea for voice acting in custom campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
While I was playing Reforged, I thought about what Blizzard could have done to get voice acting for new lines and I suddenly remembered the Jordan Peterson deepfake. I'm not going to link examples here because they are quite obscene but you can YouTube them if you wish. It was so accurate it was uncanny and maybe we could do something similar for custom campaigns.

Do you think something similar would be possible for custom campaigns? I don't know how deepfakes work but for example, if I want to use Thrall in a campaign and I want voice acting, perhaps I can upload Metzen's voice acting as samples so the program can learn how to mimick it.

If possible, why not use VA from both Warcraft 3 and WOW for even more accuracy? I imagine that the more VA there is for a character, the more accurate the result is.

Maybe we could also use this method to create samples for unit VAs too such as Grunts, Footmen and so on for multiple templates. Even random WoW characters for even more variety.

What do you think, is this possible?

Level 6
It is absolutely possible, and quite a good idea actually. The problem will be making voices that are supposed to convey strong emotions like anger, sadness, happiness and so on. Making people shout or scream, laugh or any other kind of non-speech sounds.

I've thought about that but I have an idea for that too. Perhaps there we could feed the program with different types of voice acting to create sub-templates. So if you want angry Thrall, you give the program angry Thrall voice files.

I've thought about that but I have an idea for that too. Perhaps there we could feed the program with different types of voice acting to create sub-templates. So if you want angry Thrall, you give the program angry Thrall voice files.
Sure, one could do that, but it requires a lot of time to process the clips so for huge project this will be extremely time consuming. Having 5-6 different voice "sets" for each character.

Level 6
Sure, one could do that, but it requires a lot of time to process the clips so for huge project this will be extremely time consuming. Having 5-6 different voice "sets" for each character.

I was thinking maybe a few people could work on the templates and then share them with the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.