• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager

This is a VillagerMan where I have added alot of animations from other models. This model is really usefull if you want your unit to attack with bow, crossbow, onehand, twohand, duel, spell or defend attack animation. The model have 40 animations.

Animation Tags

None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack

Just use this script to add an animation tag:
JASS:
call AddUnitAnimationProperties(unit,"Alternate",true)

Keywords:
VillagerMan, Man, Animation, Animations, Attack, Walk, Spell, Death, Defend, Combat, System, Warrior, Fighter
Contents

Villager (Model)

Villager (Model)

Reviews
14:35, 12th Apr 2008 General Frank: Approved. Very nice and useful model. Simple but extremely effective.
Level 6
Hey! I have one wish that will be useful, can you make villager(Female) with animations? (but without skirt he can be with pants:) . I adding items on this models like swords armors wings and that skirt will be unuseful :( )

Level 2
Hey! You can make this file for about 100KB smaller by removing his pickaxe and that corpse mesh next to him (don't forget the nodes!).

I already did and would like to ask you if I could still use the model modified this way?

Level 11
Absolutely one of the best models on hive, though it is just a villager, he has every animation u would want for having possibly an RPG or even anything.... highly original and one of a kind (for me) this is my favorite model on here, and Amazing.... + REP u deserve it.

Level 11
Guys if i want the attack gold animation to be his animation when he attacks ye how to do that ? :)

TY

EDIT . I know how to change it now.

EDIT 2 : Add the whirlwind animation :D it would be awesome then. Good work !

Last edited:
Level 2
May you make one with the villager 2 skin????Cause, i need one to my map, one in the villager skin 1 and 2...

- Make a copy of the file and give it a different name

- Download fancy MDLX-converter here

- Convert your model to .mdl-format

- Open .mdl-file with some text editor

- Look for line (Ctrl+F) "Units\Critters\VillagerMan\VillagerMale.blp" and replace it with the other texture "Units\Critters\VillagerMan1\VillagerMale1.blp"

- Save

- Convert back to .mdx

- Same thing with portrait file and you have to name it just like the model file adding a "_Portrait" at the end (Example: BlueShirtMan.mdx and BlueShirtMan_Portrait.mdx)

- There you have a freakin multi-animation-villager wearing a blue shirt!

Level 4
.kc can you add a atachment point that will work for konskrut weapons (not sure how it writes) so then we use the crossbow animation and the custom attachment point for the konskrut weapons. It will be very usefull for a map im doing.

PD: whit konsktrut weapons i refer to that shotgun and those cool machineguns

Level 1
Adding that script causes my Editor to encounter an error.
"Expected a valid argument list"
This would be so perfect for the map I'm working on, a model that actually attacks differently when it wields a sword, but this prevents that. How do I fix it? :(

Level 1
You could make an animation where he is riding a hyppogrif or an horse. I don't no if it's possible but if you can, it would be great!

Level 6
Hey can u tell me how to do that make them attack one handed or with bow cus i dont know how 2 make them do that
You need
to go to the
Triggers, then add the aquire items, then on condition, you add first the (any of condition are true) And add the the item-type, and makes the ( item of last created item equal to (Item) ) Into (Item of item being manupilated equal to (Item) with all the items, like sword, weapons, and this, then, on action, you add (add animination tag) and replace the tag with, example (Lumber, Gold, Third, second) easier is't it, i used 3 months to discover this by my self. if you want that trigger that does like you only can carry, 1 sword or something, check the blizzard halloween thing Good Luck :goblin_good_job: don't end up like this guy:goblin_boom:

Level 15
You can add your animation in GUI...
Just do this:
When unit acquires an item
If item being manipulated is a shield
Add the Defend animation tag to Hero Manipulating Item...

And When you drop a shield.
When unit loses an item
Condition same
Remove the Defend animation tag from hero manipulating item...

Level 2
it would be great to and walk/spin animation and blade master attack slam animation but mostly walk/spin would be great for bladestorm.

Level 2
How do i remove animation tag..? it doesn't happen by giveing my villager another animation tag, nor removing the added one..

Level 1
hi plz... can someone send me some easy steps how to use this? i dont understand i can import it but i cant add that special animations :/

Level 20
hi plz... can someone send me some easy steps how to use this? i dont understand i can import it but i cant add that special animations :/

Example:
Add work to Villager001

Available tags are in the model description.

Level 2
Nice model, could be better if it has attacks anims from paladin model so i can attach hammers to the model.

Level 2
Uhm, Nice, but I don't understand how make it work ^^.
call AddUnitAnimationProperties(unit,"Alternate",true)
I must replace alternate by a animation tag?

Level 4
strange... I try to attach weapon to right arm(righthand tag) but it's stacking to villager foot oO Using rightfoot tag also didn't help( It's still on foot

Level 7
for new animations you could use all the spell animation tags (spell, spell eattree, etc)
it also would be nice to split the 2 blademaster attacks (strike and pierce)
the pierce attack is good for lances and spears and the strike attack is good for hammers and axe
but through the fact that they use the same tag, you cant decide which of the animations should be used
and a guy who tries to pierce someone with a hammer... well^^
was great if you could do that!

at all: 6/5!! insanely nice idea for a model and insanely well done