• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unselectable unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi. I am creating a map, which has 8 player slots, but each of those players need to have units, which they can't control. So, I could do this with using remaining player slots, but there are not enough of them.
So, I need to do the uncontrollable units to be players own units, but just not controllable(moving through a lane with an attack move command) by the player.

I am aware of the locust ability, which makes the unit unselectable and invulnerable, but I can't have them be invulnerable.

Can anyone help me out, how to achieve this?

Thanks,
baburo.

Last edited:
Level 3
Uh do you want the unit to be SELECTABLE but not ORDERABLE? A simple trigger that automatically deselect selected unit you own(except when selecting your hero) can help if you want it to not to be selectable...??

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 017
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set u = (Random unit from (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red)))
      • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(udg_u, 'Aloc')
      • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_u, 'Aloc')
      • Unit - Hide u
      • Unit - Unhide u
You can't select the unit, but units can attack it.

Status
Not open for further replies.