• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit size change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to resize a hero model in War3 Model Editor (Magos)
It's Black Stan model: HeroMusashiMiyamoto.
edit1.jpg

In Model Editor I selected "select all" vertices, then in "Transformation" I used "Scaling"
x,y,z, to 1.35 and centre of scaling is "pivot point".
edit2.jpg

After this operation model is contorted / crooked (look at arms). Looks horrible. If I use centre of scaling "centre of mass" then model looks ok but part of his legs are under ground, so after "Transformation" -> "Translation" Z-23, it looks like a monster again. Help
edit3.jpg

Making the model simply bigger won't work in most cases. You'll have to edit the bone structure too.
Yup, unfortunately. Magos (WC3 Editor) isn't the best program for rescaling models. If you, nevertheless want to scale it in Magos, you must also edit each bone's and helper's position manually by changing its x, y and z value in the Node Manager (very bothersome and time-consuming).
The best way for scaling an entire model is by using Oinkerwinkle's Geoset Translation. :wink:
Here you can DL all of the oinkerwinkle-tools :wink:

Thanks Uncle Fester, I got Geoset Translation tool
steps I made are:
opened in MdlVis model and saved as .mdl
used GeosetTranslation to resize model
opened im Magos, "calcualte extends" and save as .mdx
after import in war3 editor there is strange problem with shadows:
front view- left hero is resized , right is original
musashiFront.jpg

musashiBack.jpg

edit:
solved
converting mdx-mdl with MDLX Converter will not cause shadow bug. It seems that MdlVis was the cause of bug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.