• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ultimate Terraining Map Extra Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
After "Carefully analysing" ugh.. ugh.. the ultimate terraining map i came to the conclusion that there is a lack of models in the following themes:
- Night Elf
- High Elf
- Dwarf
- Undead
- Troll
x Tauren (solved but could still use some more)
- Furniture (And especially non human furniture)
- Demonic stuff (Although i found some)
- Various other things

And stuff from the following tilesets:

- Icecrown Glacier
- Northrend
- Outland
- Black Citadel
x Dungeon/ Underground (Solved)
- Felwood (Could use some more addittions eg like elven ruins)

So if you feel like making models and dont know what to make, Heres a nice list. And if you know or have some of these models please give a link or a download. If you have some very cool models that dont cover these themes i would like them aswell.
renember that the models can be max 100 kb (or abit more).

Im currently making a new ultimate terraining map with:
-More space (So you can make very big things if you feel to)
-Currently 871 custom doodads
-A better layout (Hopefully)

Current Extras:
-xXMorph3usXx Castle Wall System
-xXMorph3usXx Ashenvale Trees
-xXMorph3usXx Underground Pack
-xXMorph3usXx Palisade walls
-xXMorph3usXx Log House kit (Yeah i like that guy)
-xXMorph3usXx Stonehouse kit
-xXMorph3usXx Church and Libary Pack
-xXMorph3usXx Framework Kit
-xXMorph3usXx Stonehouse kit Addon
-xXMorph3usXx House kit
-xXMorph3usXx Winterpine
-MC Statue pack 1
-MC Statue pack 2
-Daelin Archway pack
-Nasrudin Village Doodads
-Nasrudin Ashevale trees
-Werewulf Demon set

these 3 guys (Morpheus,nasrudin and daelin) made about 75% of the current ultimate terraining map, so that solves most of the crediting aswell. Also Chriz did alot of Animating

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Don't forget to credit me with a lot of M0RpH3us's stuff too, like the Framework kit and a lot of the trees.

So is this a request or a suggestion?

Level 21
Night elf doodads aren't really neccessary IMO.
You have the NE buildings (hunter's hall, fishing village buildings & shipyard)
High Elf doodads: same:
you have 2 different "farms" in human campaign buildings, you have 2 dalaran buildings, 1 dalaran violet citadel, and 1 dalaran TFT observatory. I think it should allow you to make enough different buildings with those.
There's also a skin somewhere that turns the NE Hunter's hall into a HE building. I also believe Elenai made some High elf buildings.
Dwarf: http://www.rondo.eu.tp/ (german site, but you don't need to speak german to click a download link...). The download size is around 4mb but the skins are shared amongst many downloads and you can reduce the filesize of them yourself. The dwarfs themselves aren't really "required" for the map anyway.
IMO those buildings look more human than dwarf to me. But anyway, dwarfs live either underground (mines) or in small humanoid houses, so that shouldn't be a big deal.
Undead: true, there aren't many, but if you enlarge the ziggurats (and include the 2 hidden zigs & spire) amongst the crypt, graveyard, necropolis etc. you could make an undeath city too. Enlarge it and it already looks more wowish.
Troll buildings aren't a priority imo. If you think that sort of racial buildings is a priority already, you'll need doodads for tuskarr, draenei, and hundreds of other races in wc3.
Tauren? how did you solve that?
Underground: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=81725

Although I agree there's a lack of decent snow models, I'd suggest you merge the "Northrend" and "Icecrown glacier" tilesets as they'll share the models anyway.

Level 9
I downloaded the tauren pack.

And i need more then just the standard warcraft doodads. you see i want to make an "Ultimate" terraining map with lots of doodads on every theme. and yeah you can make alot of different buildings with those standard things, but they dont give the edge im looking for. And for the dwarf buildings i was looking for the WoW style stuff because it looks very dwarfish

Level 9
Yeah XGM it was, pretty cool models. but they seem like rips to me. but i only downloaded some of the doodads, including a bucnh of chairs. some houses and thats it.

Thanks Happytauren, but i guess your set is already in. i will take a look if im correct though

Xar

Xar

Level 2
I can't get the [bricks]roof_brown shingles.MDX and [bricks]roofaddon_brown shingles.MDX imported to my map, the walls of this house set are working.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Nasrudin and Kofi_Banan have made some nice doodads. (I'm referring to Nas's trees, houses tauren map and tents and Kofi's train set)

EDIT: I just tested the map and I have to say there are Many mistakes. Many of the doodads appear gigantic. Perhaps you set the minimum to 10 instead or 0.10? And some of the doodads have wrong names (for instance wooden walls named "Tree"). You should really fix these.

Last edited:
Level 9
Yeah i noticed those errors, it was just a beta version, unfortunatly i have a "can't be bothered period" on fixing those problems, scaling takes payloads of time, time that id rather spend on playing and terraining. The Gigantic appearance of the doods is because of the random scale, i put scales from 0 to 100.

perhaps within this month or sometime else it will be fixed, it don't know but il be delighted if someone could do it for me :)

about nasrudins doods: im sure almost all of them are already in the map.
about kofi banans train: id think i rather put those in an ultimate future terraining map. with wo2 and future stuff. currently, theres not enoughs stuff for that though

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I found the source of the problem with the scaling. You've set each model's minimum scaling value to zero when it should be 0.1
Guess thats why, they take the 100 value as their only value by default and turn out gigantic.
+ this crashes the map...

Level 9
Hmm yeah i know what that is, when putting doodads at random scaling, 100 aint the default scale but when close to that you wont even see the doodad because you camera will be inside the doodad itself and the doodads goes beyond map boundaries. if you then select the doodad (perhaps accidently without noticing) the map crashes. the problem can be solved with a bit of a fuss:
1: find the doodad
2: go to object editor and set the max scale to 1
3: delete the object.

preventing this is easy: put random scaling of.

the reason why i made scalings from 0 to 100 is because you can freely manipulate a doodad in size allowing it to be used for alot of things.

About the update: il prob release a bug fix first and add the destructibles and unit lists to doodad lists.

problem with the large update is: theres simple not enough content, and content is lacking in the subjects i have stated in nthe first post.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could get me the remade wow models used in wc3 wow, ONLY do this with permission however.

Level 9
I can't get the [bricks]roof_brown shingles.MDX and [bricks]roofaddon_brown shingles.MDX imported to my map, the walls of this house set are working.

Yeah i had a hell lot of trouble with importing those aswell. best way to do is downloading them from wc3 campaigns.

other tricks you may use: removing the war3mapimported thingy. resetting world editor or checking if you imported the skin aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.