• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 10
^ lol word can never have enough Iron Horde stuff. Units especially.

By the way, Ujimasa what do you think of the Burning Legion's new architecture in Legion? I think it would be very interesting if you made it into a building set. :))

Level 9
Dropping by to give a few small suggestion changes regarding the recently released Gilneas themed models, @Ujimasa Hojo.
  • So may I start of suggesting a small change to the Gilnean Heroes you've made recently: Why not use the Proudmoore texture's boots and gloves as replacement for the Bandit Lord's on your Gilnean Hunter and Vincent Godfrey model since they've been depicted as Lords/Nobles instead of soldiers. Also, using Cavman's Suited Worgen's top hat would greatly improve the Gilnean aspect of said models.(at least in my opinion)
  • As for the Gilnean General, adding Garithos' Helmet might give him a bit more character because he currently looks a bit too similar to Teron Gorefiend and his Death knights.
  • Speaking of Teron Gorefiend and his Death Knights, giving them the Undead Galen treatment will make really make them pop and individualistic because they currently look like a bunch of Humans with weird heads
anyways those are my 2 cents once again. Good Day!

Level 15
All your gnoll buildings' team colour isn't affected by the in-game fog, unlike Mephestrial's, that are. That "Modulate" filter on the team colour is the problem. You tried to do the buildings without custom textures, but it didn't work out properly.
In-game screenshot:
WC3ScrnShot_042817_193010_01.jpg

Level 9
Just a thought, but don't you think the Troll models could also be best suited for a set of Wretched models? I mean, you've already proven so with the Wretched magehunter, why not use units such as the Witchdoctor and Batrider for such a purpose?

Other than that the Windrider could also work by retexturing the wyvern with the gargoyle texture, right?

Level 60
Just a thought, but don't you think the Troll models could also be best suited for a set of Wretched models? I mean, you've already proven so with the Wretched magehunter, why not use units such as the Witchdoctor and Batrider for such a purpose?

Other than that the Windrider could also work by retexturing the wyvern with the gargoyle texture, right?

I already did an Undead bat rider model, which is not yet on the official resource page but under the Forsaken or Undead post in this thread. I have not yet tried tinkering with the Witch Doctor yet.

Level 4
Hi Ujimasa! Nice models of buildings you have here

I am creating melee altered map using your Stone Orc buildings for my Wildhammer Dwarves. I am wondering if you plan to also create the Altar and Seller (Voodoo Lounge) buildings, thus completing the full set of Stone Orc buildings? They fit perfectly for my Dwarves!

Level 60
Hi Ujimasa! Nice models of buildings you have here

I am creating melee altered map using your Stone Orc buildings for my Wildhammer Dwarves. I am wondering if you plan to also create the Altar and Seller (Voodoo Lounge) buildings, thus completing the full set of Stone Orc buildings? They fit perfectly for my Dwarves!

I'm not into buildings at the moment. Mind you, the Voodoo Lounge is Trollish hence not included under "Stone Orc".

Level 7
Hello Ujimasa :)

I would like to ask you if its possible to download small models and icons you used in some of your maps. I would love to use some Gilnean stuff like the rally point flag (for example) and few icons from it... Is there any way to get them?

Level 4
I'm not into buildings at the moment. Mind you, the Voodoo Lounge is Trollish hence not included under "Stone Orc".

Indeed, I realized it will not fit the theme of Stone Orc. Well, I will simply dig deeper to Hive's other building models :)

Thank you, good luck for your modelling! I will also look forward to your optimized models ;)

Level 10
Yeah, whatcha working on Ujimasa? More building sets would be awesome, perhaps using Night Elven architecture like the arches from Hunter's Hall to make a Pandaren building set? Or, as I've suggested before, a Legion set (like in WoW:Legion, black and green buildings)

Level 7
Here is a suggestion: A while back you made a forest troll hunter model that had an alternative model of a berserker. This made it incredibly useful for warcraft II maps where a standard axethrower could be upgraded into a berserker. So another useful addition could be an elven archer that has an alternative model of the ranger (Sylvanas) so that it too could be used for upgrade purposes.

Also in the same vein of this your Warcraft II Death Knight would become more useful with the addition of a decay and decay bone animation so that it can function as a hero or normal unit.

Level 6
Any chances for you to make some of these precious building/unit pack?
- Pale Orcs (Maybe some basic in-game orcs with grey skins and their buildings have skin theme from forsaken or maybe bones across the building skins.
- Mogu (Maybe another mod of your ancient buildings but this time it is like Chinese?)
- Titanforged (Anything like Valhalla or titan structures like using gold, special glimmery stones, and crystals as theme color of building.).
- Vrykul, perhaps some furry and barbaric buildings.

:) I really support your magnificent packs of work which is very useful and treasure to keep.

Level 14
@Ujimasa Hojo What about dragons with proper heads from their portraits? Currently they use 2 models(red and green share one, then black, blue and bronze other) They look nothing like their portraits and that would be nice to fix it, it's similar issue like with peasants who have different heads in game and on the portrait. If you could make proper dragons it would be lovely, maybe with some other dragon flight types like, nether drakes(that arent just piece of black void) or undead drakes and so on.

Level 30
@Ujimasa Hojo What about dragons with proper heads from their portraits? Currently they use 2 models(red and green share one, then black, blue and bronze other) They look nothing like their portraits and that would be nice to fix it, it's similar issue like with peasants who have different heads in game and on the portrait. If you could make proper dragons it would be lovely, maybe with some other dragon flight types like, nether drakes(that arent just piece of black void) or undead drakes and so on.

I am with that.

Now talking about the Dragonflights. Hey @Ujimasa Hojo, if you do the above mentioned. I have a suggestion: You could take the model of the Dragonspawn and maybe wrap the textures of regular dragons to them.
Like this:
Red Dragonspawn using the Red Dragon texture.
Blue Dragonspawn using the Blue Dragon texture.(We have him already, but why not)
Green Dragonspawn using the Green Dragon texture.
etc.

I think you get what i mean with this.

Level 16
Hey Ujimasa!

I already asked it on the corresponding thread, but:
Could you make an Archer (High Elf) derivative with Jaina clothes?
A Dalaran Archer in fact.

Thank you!

Or the opposite.
A Mounted Priest/Chaplain :p

You maybe didn't understand what I mean. Ujimasa used the similarity between the Necromancer and the Archmage to create a Mounted Necromancer Hero (he called Archnecromancer), he can do the same thing conversely: create a Dismounted Archmage (which he may call Mage, because he will may looks less powerful).

Sorry for errors I'm not a pro in English :grin:

Level 9
A small reminder that Ujimasa Hojo now has a Patreon up should you wish to help him out! :wink:

Also, it feels so surreal and nostalgic knowing that this Resource thread has been going on for four years now and is still being updated and worked on by the creator. Damn.

Last edited: