• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 3
any chance you will make some heroes with weaponless and have attachment to add weapons for rpg?

I love all your buildings and really interesting to use it in my rpg /defense map but i'm looking around for some weasponless + attachable heroes. :D

Level 60
And the Goblin Pack, good, but maybe add more techy features, and improve the cannon tower please?

Already altered the Cannon Tower.

any chance you will make some heroes with weaponless and have attachment to add weapons for rpg?

I love all your buildings and really interesting to use it in my rpg /defense map but i'm looking around for some weasponless + attachable heroes. :D

Anyone can do that given with the proper tools.

Anyways, each large set now has a pack, icons incuded.

Level 2
I thought of two alternative alter ideas for the Elven. Kael and Sylvanas Windrunner(High Elf). It could help make the elven buildings look like the can be used for Blood Elf or High Elf. Just a thought...

Level 10
Level 60
Level 7
I was too lazy to read this whole thread, but by what I've seen you've been talking about troll town hall and buildings. If you ask me, the town hall should look a bit like the big building here. here are two close up shots so you can see it more clearly.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_042214_024717.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_042214_024717.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 314
  • WoWScrnShot_042214_024753.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_042214_024753.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 300
  • WoWScrnShot_042214_024810.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_042214_024810.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 284

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
^Woah, that's quite helpful. Muchas gracias. Where in the world did they get (rib?) bones that big!?

Now, on that note, while I like architecture, I'm curious as to who built that (i.e. what kind of Trolls), since they seem to have more brown-leafy-stuff rather than green (Barrens rather than Jungle?). Moreover, it almost looks like halves of a ship, set on the ground as entrances.

Level 8
^Woah, that's quite helpful. Muchas gracias. Where in the world did they get (rib?) bones that big!?

Now, on that note, while I like architecture, I'm curious as to who built that (i.e. what kind of Trolls), since they seem to have more brown-leafy-stuff rather than green (Barrens rather than Jungle?). Moreover, it almost looks like halves of a ship, set on the ground as entrances.

Those screenshots are of Sen'jin Village, they are Jungle Trolls, it's where Vol'jin resides till WoD.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Those screenshots are of Sen'jin Village, they are Jungle Trolls, it's where Vol'jin resides till WoD.
Ah, and as I just found out I was right; Sen'jin Village is located in Kalimdor (specifically right next to the Barrens & Ogrimmar), making the foliage a lot browner than it would be in Stranglethorn Vale. The "being built out of a ship" thing could be as easily there as in S.Vale, though.

I'll have to do some lite Photoshopping, but I think something similar to that would be great for a Jungle Troll town hall.

Level 7
Ah, and as I just found out I was right; Sen'jin Village is located in Kalimdor (specifically right next to the Barrens & Ogrimmar), making the foliage a lot browner than it would be in Stranglethorn Vale. The "being built out of a ship" thing could be as easily there as in S.Vale, though.

I'll have to do some lite Photoshopping, but I think something similar to that would be great for a Jungle Troll town hall.

Darkspear trolls are essentially a jungle troll tribe so the architecture is in the right place.

The roof is DRIED grass or leaves so the colour is in the right place even in Stranglethorn vale, and the brown stuff is wood, which is brown in all the parts of the world (which would make even more sense in STV then Barrens since there are a lot more trees out there) This is a screenshot from STV.

What I actually failed to mention is that you can't really see those kind of buildings in jungle trolls like Gurubashi since they don't migrate. Their huts look like the ones in the second picture (they are made of leather), BUT If they had to build new base on the go (like they will do in the map that is being made, I am sure they would use the same style and the same material as their long estranged cousins, the Darkspears.

And the enterances are not really ships, it's just that when you take 2 big pieces of wood and tie them at the top, you have to bend them like that so it looks like a front of a ship.

I rest my case your honour.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_042214_031411.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_042214_031411.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 295
  • WoWScrnShot_042214_031256.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_042214_031256.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Level 4
Aren´t the other ones Forest Trolls huts?, anyways good choice for modern primitive Jungle Trolls, the stone pyramid buildings would correspond to Zandalari/Gurubashi/Amani empire Trolls, better set on a Ancient Azeroth map.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
anyways good choice for modern primitive Jungle Trolls, the stone pyramid buildings would correspond to Zandalari/Gurubashi/Amani empire Trolls, better set on a Ancient Azeroth map.
Possibly, though I like to think that a current-day "Jungle Troll" tribe/race/faction, set in modern (post-TFT, pre-WoW) Stranglethorn Vale, might actually still use a combination of the two; perhaps wooden buildings built on top of stone ziggurat-like stuff. Not sure how it would look, though.

Level 7
Aren´t the other ones Forest Trolls huts?, anyways good choice for modern primitive Jungle Trolls, the stone pyramid buildings would correspond to Zandalari/Gurubashi/Amani empire Trolls, better set on a Ancient Azeroth map.

I was objecting to this post, I was just too lazy to press the quote button. anyways, the way I see it: Base and some barracks should look like the big building in sen'jin village (I mean the architecture style). Caster barracks should look like a stone temple, farms should look like those leather covered huts and beast training should be made like a pit with spikes, fence or something like that since that's the way Trolls keep their animals (in temples and PITS).

Talking about animals, we should consider using the Loa Mythology (http://www.wowwiki.com/Loa) for those of you who don't know what Loas are, and incorporate the animal Loas worshiped by Gurubashi (Spider, Tiger, Panther, Bat and Snake). We could also make them train beasts like Spiders, Tigers and Bats (Batriders)) and they could have Panther and Snake warriors (Panther could be like a stealthy melee unit and Snake could be a caster).

Consider it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Talking about animals, we should consider using the Loa Mythology (http://www.wowwiki.com/Loa) for those of you who don't know what Loas are, and incorporate the animal Loas worshiped by Gurubashi (Spider, Tiger, Panther, Bat and Snake). We could also make them train beasts like Spiders, Tigers and Bats (Batriders)) and they could have Panther and Snake warriors (Panther could be like a stealthy melee unit and Snake could be a caster).

Are you referring to the Loa - Troll(like the ones Zul'jin summoned to protect him from the horde and alliance)hybrids or actual animal units?

Level 19
Possibly, though I like to think that a current-day "Jungle Troll" tribe/race/faction, set in modern (post-TFT, pre-WoW) Stranglethorn Vale, might actually still use a combination of the two; perhaps wooden buildings built on top of stone ziggurat-like stuff. Not sure how it would look, though.

I think I kinda know, just give me a sec.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Qy1pdA518...DEFftW4/s1600/Warlords+Battlecry-Minotaur.jpg

I always tought Jungle trolls structures wold look like minotaurs from the warlords series: hulking old stone buildings with scatered huts on top of them and some carrancas made of stone and wood scattered on the corners.

Level 4
OBJECTION! They are all found in Zul'Gurub (stranglethorn vale) which is an ancient jungle troll city!

Well, you said it, it's an ancient decadent troll city, they didn,t build them, the idea behind Ujimasa's models are war camps or bases built from scratch, I doubt modern jungle trolls woul build anything but wooden ones like in Sen'jin village,anyways this is not a lore discussion :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Well, you said it, it's an ancient decadent troll city, they didn,t build them, the idea behind Ujimasa's models are war camps or bases built from scratch, I doubt modern jungle trolls woul build anything but wooden ones like in Sen'jin village,anyways this is not a lore discussion :)
NONSENSE! They would totally do that exact thing.

Or at least, sorta. They might be build that half-way, then put wood-n-stuff on top of it. :p

Level 7
Anyways, I don't really have a solid plan at the moment for new models which is why I kinda went back to making 12-player maps for my series. The closest thing to a new set I have in mind is to make "Highborne" versions of the Orc buildings and these would labelled as "Gurubashi".

What do you mean by Highborne Orc buildings? o_O I can't even imagine what that would look like.

Level 60
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Gurubashi

Units
Buildings:
Doodads:
Author's Notes:
  • Pack is here.
  • Pack (Jungle Troll) is here.
  • Optimized models have linearized animations, built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a temple for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.

Last edited:
Level 14
I'll be honest, for the first time I am not that impressed.

Gurabashi-styled buildings are rarely circular, and usually are quite geometrically "clean", especially for WC's comic art-style.

This just looks like a bad reskin of the Orc Great Hall.

But that just like my opinion, man. ;)

Level 7
I'll be honest, for the first time I am not that impressed.

Gurabashi-styled buildings are rarely circular, and usually are quite geometrically "clean", especially for WC's comic art-style.

This just looks like a bad reskin of the Orc Great Hall.

But that just like my opinion, man. ;)

I agree on that one. They don't look bad, but they look more like naga/atlantian-ish buildings than gurubashi.

Gurubashi trolls have squareish buildings.

zg1.jpg