• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Ruins

Buildings:
  • Barracks
    142431-albums5911-picture83372.png
  • Beastiary
    142431-albums5911-picture83431.png
  • Great Hall
    142431-albums5911-picture83289.png
  • Watch Tower
    142431-albums5911-picture83434.png

Author's Notes:

I'll be honest, for the first time I am not that impressed.

Gurabashi-styled buildings are rarely circular, and usually are quite geometrically "clean", especially for WC's comic art-style.

This just looks like a bad reskin of the Orc Great Hall.

But that just like my opinion, man. ;)

I agree on that one. They don't look bad, but they look more like naga/atlantian-ish buildings than gurubashi.

Gurubashi trolls have squareish buildings.

zg1.jpg

@Fuzzyfury good point:)
He could use the textures from the Sentinels (TFT) campaign loading screen. Those would be quite fitting for trolls imo.

Yes, but I referred to these ones that you can find in the Night Elven expansion loading screen. It would fit better for Gurubashi

My goal was to apply the ruins doodad texture on Orc buildings. If it's not Gurubashi enough, I might as well changed the adjective to avoid confusion.

If he made this thread it was so we could provide criticism :p Also, we never said they sucked, just that they were not Gurubashi, so it kinda counts as constructive criticism. and as Heinvers or whoever said it (i have a gold fish styled memory) they look amazing :p

Yeah, while the textures' cool and the wrapping impeccable as always, I might suggest a name-change; they don't look particularly Trollish/Gurubashi. If you're interested in pursuing that], maybe a little bit of wood-structures on top of the ruin's-base?

Some s***head managed to get around the protection of my map, edited, and uploaded it on EpicWar.com.
Eesh, sorry to hear that. Well, at least you know you're cool enough to be copied. :p

Level 14
I think the Ruins set also works for an Amani Troll base.
I hope you make a few new Humanic Techtree
- Scarlet Crusade
- Argent Dawn
- Stromgarde
- Stormwind

May I add Westfall to it? I desperately need distinct Defias buildings.

I'm willing to edit WoW rips for the cause. I'm not good at freehand drawing, but I make quite decent edits to fit the WC3 needs and style.

Level 10
May I add Westfall to it? I desperately need distinct Defias buildings.

I'm willing to edit WoW rips for the cause. I'm not good at freehand drawing, but I make quite decent edits to fit the WC3 needs and style.

True, Defias models are needed alot..They're not that difficult to make in whole, Main requirement is a thief-ish look and a red scarf/bandana covering the mouth. I'd say, add an attachement like that to a model like Sweet Oblivion's http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/bandit-champion-227259/, it'll most probably look nice. But nevertheless, new models are needed.
Also, I found a ripped model from WoW, an old Defias Rogue and the old Worgen model from a "certain" map..
I'll post it in my pastebin..If anyone wants...Message meh..

Just use the normal ones, they are still humans, if you go to Tyr's Hand, Stromgarde, outposts of Stormwind, or Hearthglen, the buildings will be the same.

True, but a little customization and looks doesn't hurt

Last edited:
Level 29
requests, again :p

Hello,
im at my stuff again, as always restarted from scratch. So far redone Orcs and about to finish dwarves, alliance is going to be split into Dwarf and Dalaran. Can install them on a map and send if you want but no testing done, probably full of bugs yet.
Then will split the undead bugs into their own nerubian faction. There is a gorgeous UI made for them a long while ago and some unit models on hive as well that i would like to see in action so badly, thus will have my hands full.
Graphical parts of Notcoming Anysoon:
k91o01L.jpg

The building sets you made come in handy and are very useful, alongside the rest of the resources on hive.
There are a few things id like to request, im using the 'stone orc' set for dwarf buildings and there i had a few ideas that got inspired by a lot of their capital Ironforge's appearance in WoW.
I thought the bone parts on Great Hall roof could be converted into drainage, that transports the iron heated at the smeltery inside the center piece around the round roof-edge to an forge located at backside exterior, that in later upgrade levels gets build upon. The idea here is that their most precious thing in the base(and therefore the main-building) would be the sacred forge, which construction is always imitated after the great one in their capital, albeit on a far smaller scale.
Another more simple idea is to convert the rear top dome from Stronghold onwards(that remains in place when upgraded to Fortress) into a cannon-tower piece, bigger variant of whats found on regular towers for leaving such a installation completely unguarded would be unwise.
I also could use a barracks variant that doesnt have the axe hit the target sign but bullet holes in it.
Also the northrend guard tower you made, with cannons sticking out of it instead 'ballista', when i use it remains alien to rest of the buildings, can you re-texture it with the regular human tower texture that can simply replace upgrade,one in original .mdx with it. My dwarves aint gonna use magic towers so whilst at it can cut the 3. option from the .mdx too.
Also a question: What happent to the human market i suggested ages ago ?
Edit: Wanted to send you as PM but you dont accept so here is it.

Level 10
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Ruins

Buildings:

Author's Notes:

Suggestion: Add moss onto the roof and hanging off the sides. Gurubashi watch towers in Zul'Gurub are mossy.

Reference:

RyZEcFz.jpg

Another Suggestion: How about a ruins Pig Farm and make the straw roof like all troll buildings have. I guess the murloc roof would work but make it more yellow than green.

Level 8
A Tauren set next would go a long way. I'd assume if you can wrap the in-game Tauren Tents skin onto Orc buildings might be good, I'm not really sure. Perhaps even the Tauren Totem? I'm not sure, but a Tauren set would be extremely useful, as our Cowmen get very little love in the terms of models or skins.

Level 60
Last edited:
Level 60

Some of the Orc buildings are already Trollish in nature (Burrows - They were originally supposed to house the Headhunters hence its projectiles being similar with them, Spirit Lodge, and Voodoo Lounge). As for the Altar, Deolrin's Altar of Blood fit well enough despite it being supposed to be for Jungle Trolls.

Level 4
That Troll Barracks looks pretty awesome already, that's what I was talking about, perhaps as a last bit favor could you retexture the nerubian ziggurat in the Highborne set way, so it can be used as alternate food source building :).

Level 8
Come to think of it, something that would be even more useful that I'm actually quite surprised has never been made - Night Elf buildings wrapped with the same texture as the Night Elf houses / Hunter's Hall. It would need a variation on the Human build animation, instead of the Night Elf one and I think it would look extremely well.

Level 60
Come to think of it, something that would be even more useful that I'm actually quite surprised has never been made - Night Elf buildings wrapped with the same texture as the Night Elf houses / Hunter's Hall. It would need a variation on the Human build animation, instead of the Night Elf one and I think it would look extremely well.

I already did it. That's what the Gilnean set is.