• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[UB] Info Thread (Old)

Level 14

rsz_1rsz_warcraft_ub_banner.jpg

ub1.png
Warcraft: Ultimate Battle
ub2.png

Players always dreamed of playing other races in Warcraft 3, so we've decided to try and step it up a notch. Ultimate Battle is the biggest total melee race compilation. The main map, using Blizzard's Raging Stream, allows you to play as one of 4 original races or 14 custom and unique races and counting!

Each race has their own strategies, differing units, expansive techtrees, exciting heroes, and unique abilities. We aimed for them to be as complete as the main four races, but to make sure they have their own twists on them. Most of the custom races even have fully functioning AI, and we're working on getting all of them to work in due time. But if you prefer playing with and against other players, you can! Thanks to Blizzard's 1.27b patch, you're able to play this over battle.net without any third party tools.

The series also uses an hundreds of custom resources from Hive authors. Without all the custom models, skins, UI, spells, and icons, the factions wouldn't be able to stand on their own. Thank you everyone who's created custom resources to make this compilation possible.

Main Compilation Map
UB - Raging Stream v1.82 AI++

Individual Maps & Races

Fel Orc: Fel Horde V.2.1
The Lost One: The Lost Ones V.2
High Elf: High Elves V2.5
Draenei: Draenei V.2.2
Dalaran: Dalaran v.2.5.2
Crusader: Scarlet Crusaders V.2.5.1
Dark Iron: Dark Iron Clan V.1.1.
Forsaken: Forsaken
Worgen: Worgen V1.0
Illiari: Illidari V1.0
Nightborne: Nightborne v1.02
Twilight Force: Hour of the Twillight

1v1 Special Map: Zangarmarsh [v1.2]

Development Team
Original Race Maker: @Wa666r
AI Creator & Races Merger & Race Maker: @Unregret
Trigger Programmer & Remake: @ZiBitheWand3r3r
Terrain Maker & Custom Game Mode: @Maxwell
Other / Future Race Melee Makers: @Sunreaver, @Footman16, @Skyfira, @Leo Akastenix
Model Suggestion: @stein123
----------------------------------
Note that the game is nowhere near finished at the moment. There are things that could be fixed and improved, such as making the game smooth enough for a full house on multiplayer. We'll try to update the map as frequently as we can, or make progress in other areas such as more individual races or perhaps another compilation map. Who knows? See you on the Ultimate Battlefield!

Level 16
This mod has no connection with any mods outside of hive workshop. This is simply a compilation which gather many races from different authors and also well-polished by project team members.
soo.. how would I choose @Sunreaver's blood elves vs @Wa666r's Elves?

All would be in th map right? (That's awesome) but... won't eventually it cap the map limit?

Last edited:
Level 14
soo.. how would I choose @Sunreaver's blood elves vs @Wa666r's Elves?

All would be in th map right? (That's awesome) but... won't eventually it cap the map limit?

Ah... please read Playable Races to get information about currently available races. You can see that only High Elves of Wa666r in the map. We are not going to add Blood Elf any moment right now because there are plenty of things needed to be done first, one by one.

Thus check the update constantly for upcoming races...

And yes, cap limit is a rule in order to balance things and keep the map closest to classic melee experience

Edit: Sure, that means we can add more and more races into the series. There is no certain point of how possibly a map can handle that much

Last edited:
Level 1
Hey :) i want to try out this but when i want to start the game its go back to the map selection and the button come: the map is to big pls select a other map. how can i use it right?.
Thanks

ISL

ISL

Level 13
Hey :) i want to try out this but when i want to start the game its go back to the map selection and the button come: the map is to big pls select a other map. how can i use it right?.
Thanks
In the older versions of Warcraft 3 you can't play maps which are bigger than 8MB online

In newer versions they've increased the size limit up to 128MB

If your problem pops out in singleplayer then something is clearly off.

BBK

BBK

Level 1
This mod has no connection with any mods outside of hive workshop. This is simply a compilation which gather many races from different authors and also well-polished by project team members.
Hey please help me install this mod I'm still new to modding games Thanks.

Level 10
How do I play this online in battle.net? Does people create it in the lobby? and if so, can you direct me on how to find such matches?

Level 3
Hey guys, very good job on this project !!
Who made the naga race who is playable in the main compiled map ?

Level 1
hi I would like to know if you have a specific date, when they will send more maps, I liked all the maps, you are to be congratulated, the option to choose so many races wow, surprised me a lot. :wwink:

Level 1
For players: Type "-rXX", in which XX is number of race. Ex. "-r01" to play Fel Orc.
For AI: Type "-compXXYY", in which XX is computer slot, YY is number of race. Ex. "-comp0201" allow computer 2 (Blue) to play Fel Orc.

this command is so much for individual maps right?