• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Truth or fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been sitting on the fence for awhile now deciding if I dare get this game, and this will be the kicker for me.

Is it truth, or fiction, that all maps created with the galaxy editor are not stored locally, and that blizzard can get rid of your map if it doesn't meet their standards?

Level 4
All your map files are saved on our pc. they are your copies and cant be altered by Blizzard.

When and If you publish a map, it creates a COPY online that others can use and DL to play but not access via map editor. This is used to prevent anyone else from DL your map and making a different version and then uploading it as if it was there own creation.

As for removing a map thats been published. If you violate the Terms of Use... (lots of profanity, inapropriate content, and copyrighted material.) they will remove the PUBLISHED copy. but you will still have the orig on your pc.

Level 2
Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to these questions as well, considering how I don't own the game yet. :)

Also, is there a SC2 campaign or mod format like the WC3 one? Do we have to publish maps, campaigns and mods for other people to play them?

Level 4
Unfortunately, for anyone besides yourself (via testing) to play the map, you MUST publish it online, then create a match, set it to either public or private, and invite anyone you specifically want to play with you.

The Friends List Feature makes doing so easy, as if they are online you can simply click and invite them without any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.