• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trollland v1.14

Reactions: deepstrasz

130863-c2bb4637e5319fb09d4b8a89f7e4b50b.png

Map Info

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits

Trollland is an RPG coop map for 6-10 player.

Gameplay:
Select one of 11 Heros (4 Str/4 Agi/3 Int)
Defend your base against the creeps
Push forward as you get stronger
Defeat the enemy Champions and finally the Troll-King

Features:
Difficulty Selection (Enemy handicap 75%, 100%, 150%, 200%)
Secret Shop
Harder Enemies after destroying the LvL Up buildings
Preview funktion (Hitting the Lvl UP spawns a small group of next enemys)
Upgradable Items (After first Creep LvL Up)
Zoom Funktion
Base Defender Hero (Punpun)
Punpun Level = Max Hero Level of the Party
Exp Boost if Hero is 5 Levels beneath the average
Also includes references to LotR, Matrix and Pokemon ;)

Playtime: ~ 2-3h

Trollking

130799-72f9cc3c5bf05625d4776f339c2d3f67.jpg

PunPun

131603-8a06873fa6621b531a1919766da08c66.jpg

Base

130857-9a7048cbd2d7f5e3de3b5b20dc3205a6.jpg

130856-613685e327aa720242e32cd89837dd25.jpg

v1.13 15.09.17

Release on Hive

v1.14 03.01.17

Assigned Abilities to certain positions in the HUD
Assigned Shortcuts to all Abilities
Ajusted Prices and Cooldowns for all items
Deleted "Gold"-Item
Visual improvement of the terrain + Creep paths
Fixed the Easy difficult Button
Removed the building option of the soul
Gold rewards for game advancement
Secret Shop Finder (LVL 3+)
PunPun Miau on/off
Auto Item Level Up (2 of same lvl in inventory)

New Quests:
How to level up items?
Destroy the Troll Totems now active from the beginning +
Changed the description for better understanding​

Send Gold:
left Click 100g
left Click + CTRL 1000g

v1.15 t.b.a.

Secret Achievements

Models:
Freddyk - Dark Soldier
67chrome - Dark Sylvanas, Naga Death Knight
UgoUgo - Flaming Raven
-Grendel - Hero of Alteration (Dark Mage), Gryphon Hero,
olofmoleman - Nazgul Rider, KotoBeastNoRider
karland90 & Just_Spectating - CaveTroll
Renderer17 - ChaosGrunt
Tauer - Durotan
HappyTauren - Demon Tower, Skeleton Fire Warior Mage
General Frank - Demonish Bulwark / Bastion / Citadel,
assasin_lord - HeroGlow
chr2 - Headhunter
Nachtzwoelf - Keeper of the Grove (Kentaur)
Kuhneghetz - Lion Male, Panther, White Tiger,
Paindeer - NagaMyrmidon
Lokeen - Shaman2
Juice_F & Norinrads - Troll Skullsplinter
Sellenisko - Balrog
Kuhneghetz - Pikachu
Forgotten_Warlord - Pokeball
General Frank - Orb of Darkness/Blood/Dragon/Fire/Ice/Light/Lightning/Poison/Water
Evil_BuddhA - Scroll Red

Icons:
Sin'dorei300 - Dark Soldier
Peekay - Absolute, AbsoluteEnchanted, ArcaneStaff, ElementalStone, GoldRing, GoldRingActive, HeroGriffonWarrior, MinorElementalShard, Pathfinder01/2/3, RitualShamanKnife1/2/3/4Charge, SphereOfVoid/Fire/Water/Nature, SpikedArmor, Tier2Sword, s1spiritwolf64,
~Nightmare - BloodElfMirrorImage
BLazeKraze - CatsEye, IllidanDemonicPower
Big Dub - Eyes
UgoUgo - FlamingRaven, GreaterSobiMask
-Grendel - HeroHeraldofAlteration
-Berz- - LightningBolt
Hemske - LightningGlobe1/2/3
Uncle Fester - MorgulBlade
olofmoleman - NazgulRider
Paladon - PShieldT1/2/3/4
I3lackDeath - PalantirSauron
NFWar - PlatedGauntlet1/2/3
HappyTauren - SkeletonFireWarriorMage
Blizzard Entertainment - Spell_Fire_FireBolt02
JollyD - TreantHide
Kimbo - WorgenHunger, WorgenDevour
Discipline - lionroar
67chrome - nagaDeathKnight, DarkSylvanasby67chrome,
Just_Spectating - CaveTroll
pippo: BTNpokeball
-Berz-: BTNLightningFury

Loading Screen:
Sergey Samarskiy - Troll Headhunter (BlizzardFest 2014)

Hope we havn't forgotten anyone :)

This map was created for our LAN-parties and thanks to the positive feedback we wanted to share the map with the community and collect additional feedback.

In memoriam of Punpun, the deceased cat of a friend (sound file included ;))

Feel free to modify the map and we hope you enjoy it just as much as we do :)

Vajk & KaeptNstyle
Previews
Contents

Trollland v1.14 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Magical Sword does not have a proper DIBTN. That icon looks like it is still active. You can use this program to create a proper disabled icon: Button Manager v1.8.2 2. How do you upgrade items? OK, so you have to destroy those wards. Quite...
deepstrasz
Because of the inventory's max of 6 slots. The spells aren't quite custom. They're pretty much generic Warcraft III ones. ----------------------------------------------- Changes made, Approved.
Level 11
nice map :)

-the terrain needs improvement add crates, barrels, flowers or any which make it nice. add grass textures not just only dirt textures
-make the path of the creeps clearer
-add several screenshots - to attract more players on your map
-fix your map description just add credits - if you use a custom models ( you should write their names because they do hard work to make a models/icons/skins ), changelog - to know if there's a changes in your map and screenshots
-remove the "create building spell" from the Soul, just delete all structures built on it. find techtree - structures built
-the spell should be arrange properly. 1st,2nd,3rd not just random. sample :
Untitled.png

-Why the Gate still invulnerable after i destroy all the troll towers and Troll Totem at the right side bottom
-Why pikachu was their? then also a pokeball item but its okay i love it very much. "mixed unit" cartoon and wc3 characters
-i think you should lower a little bit about the price of the items
-mods were okay, i choose hard mod ( +8 players ) its so really tough to handle the creeps but i can handle them but one reason i didn't kill the boss because i didn't know how to open the gates of my enemy.
-just add a guide on the quest log how to open the opponent gate
-i think you should increase Punpuns damage and armor a little bit. he dies easily :(

==============================================================

If you want a better description this will help you:

How to add screenshots:

Level 2
Thx for the feedback!!! To answer some of your questions see the spoiler :)

-Why the Gate still invulnerable after i destroy all the troll towers and Troll Totem at the right side bottom
You have to clear all lanes to open the gates (both at the same time --> "new lanes" with stronger creeps, but i will update the quest log)

-Why pikachu was their? then also a pokeball item but its okay i love it very much. "mixed unit" cartoon and wc3 characters
It's a troll XD There are some more funny features (lotr references, names, etc.), we just added everything to the map that came to our mind XD

do you mean the normal items or in the secret shop, but we will think about it to reduce some ginding

Thought i had done it but i will check again and update it to be more specific :)

-i think you should increase Punpuns damage and armor a little bit. he dies easily
Just how did Punpun die? XDDD
It levels with your heros = same level as your highest hero lvl in the party

Last edited:
Level 11
Thx for the feedback!!! To answer some of your questions see the spoiler :)

You have to clear all lanes to open the gates (both at the same time --> "new lanes" with stronger creeps, but i will update the quest log)

It's a troll XD There are some more funny features (lotr references, names, etc.), we just added everything to the map that came to our mind XD

do you mean the normal items or in the secret shop, but we will think about it to reduce some ginding

Thought i had done it but i will check again and update it to be more specific :)

-i think you should increase Punpuns damage and armor a little bit. he dies easily
Just how did Punpun die? XDDD
It levels with your heros = same level as your highest hero lvl in the party
- oh! okay i understand now so that's the reason why i didn't destroy the gate
- yeah, i love when you add more easter egg not only just pikachu
- just the normal items its to hard to make gold. reason : gold didn't increase periodically but that's okay you need to kill the creeps to make your gold increase

Edit : oh! that's why punpun die. i'm still level 10 when punpun die

Overall, you improve now your description now and the gameplay is better.. just wait for a reviewer to have more feedbacks on your map . ;) good job and keep it up

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Magical Sword does not have a proper DIBTN. That icon looks like it is still active. You can use this program to create a proper disabled icon: Button Manager v1.8.2
2. How do you upgrade items? OK, so you have to destroy those wards. Quite counter-intuitive. What about some text about this somewhere?
3. Purchase Gold Coins has its description in Deutsch.
4. Punpun has no hero glow. You can add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
5. Tome of Knowledge restock cooldown too slow compared to Tome of Power. The difference is 10:2.
6. The terrain is not too nice. It has 1 tile per zone.
7. Items should have 0 cooldown. I mean those which are supposed to be combined. It's already bad that you have to have two types of the same level to combine them for the next level... Plus you have to get items out of the inventory and back in every time. Maybe an item carrier or a different way to upgrade like runes (items; like tomes which do not get into your inventory)?
8. I hate the random cat sound. I know it's "taste" but it's totally unneeded.
9. I'm not commenting on the Warcraft III spells.

Awaiting Update.

=====================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 2
Map has been updated!

1. Magical Sword does not have a proper DIBTN. That icon looks like it is still active. You can use this program to create a proper disabled icon: Button Manager v1.8.2
DISBTN added
2. How do you upgrade items? OK, so you have to destroy those wards. Quite counter-intuitive. What about some text about this somewhere?
Quest added
3. Purchase Gold Coins has its description in Deutsch.
Removed
4. Punpun has no hero glow. You can add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
She does have the hero glow, but i change the teamcolor to black and now it's almost invisible
5. Tome of Knowledge restock cooldown too slow compared to Tome of Power. The difference is 10:2.
fixed and cd reduced
6. The terrain is not too nice. It has 1 tile per zone.
edited
7. Items should have 0 cooldown. I mean those which are supposed to be combined. It's already bad that you have to have two types of the same level to combine them for the next level... Plus you have to get items out of the inventory and back in every time. Maybe an item carrier or a different way to upgrade like runes (items; like tomes which do not get into your inventory)?
cd now zero
autoupgrade if you have two items of the smae level and can upgrade them
p.s. why is it bad to combinde the same item if the next level has stats doubled?

8. I hate the random cat sound. I know it's "taste" but it's totally unneeded.
-miau to disable it
9. I'm not commenting on the Warcraft III spells.
dont know what you mean...