• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Traditional Draw Contest (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
the%20hive%20workshop.png

concept%20art.png
contest.png
number.png
7.png

Approved Model
The title is "Traditional Draw", contestant only allowed to use traditional art. No digital draw allowed.
The theme is "draw an approved model from Hiveworkshop". Modification is allowed as far its still reconized.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Judge(s) not allowed to participate.
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • You may not utilise techniques such as photo manipulation, paint over, or tracing in this contest.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline, using any image format allowed on the forumt.
  • At least one WIP (Work In Progress) must be shown before deadline, to proof it is your draw.
  • Your submission may not be commenced on before the official launch of the contest, and you may not use previous work partially.
  • Contestant must draw with tradtional way, like using pencils, pens,or ink, etc. No Digital Draw allowed.
  • Color not allowed. The draw must be black and white.
  • Background is optional, but its highly recommended. No background will decrease your point.
  • You may use all kind of drawing style, including your own drawing style
  • You may only draw "Approved" model from Hiveworkshop. And you must give credit to the creator of the model
  • Team-work is not allowed.
prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place:35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• Sky_Demon
  • Open
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Theme
Can you recognise the model? Is it a central element of the drawing? (here you note the compliance to the theme and the drawing of the model itself/25

Creativity
Is the model used in creative way? Do added elements/ modifications fit the model? Does the overall draw is unique? (here you note the drawing of additional element)/25

Technique
How are the proportion, perspective, shadows, etc? (here you note the skills and quality of the drawing) /25

Beauty
Is the drawing beautiful/ appealing/ interesting? (here is a subjective note for the whole drawing)/25
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on ASAP and conclude on 2 weeks after started , 11.59 PM GMT

160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

concept%20art.png

234778-albums7424-picture85714.png

Approved Models

As the title, "Traditional Draw", contestant only allowed to use traditional art. No digital draw allowed.
The theme is "draw an approved model from Hiveworkshop". Modification is allowed as far its still reconized.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

Judges
Judge(s) not allowed to participate.
Site Rules
No submission may violate any of the site rules.
No Theft
You may not utilise techniques such as photo manipulation, paint over, or tracing in this contest.
Submission
Your submission must be posted before the deadline, using any image format allowed on the forumt.
Proof
At least one WIP (Work In Progress) must be shown before deadline, to proof it is your draw.
Fresh Draw
Your submission may not be commenced on before the official launch of the contest, and you may not use previous work partially.
Traditional Draw
Contestant must draw with tradtional way, like using pencils, pens,or ink, etc. No Digital Draw allowed. And also, color not allowed. The draw must be black and white.
Background
Background is optional, but its highly recommended. No background will decrease your point.
Drawing-Style
You may use all kind of drawing style, including your own drawing style
Approved-Model
You may only draw "Approved" model from Hiveworkshop. And you must give credit to the creator of the model
Work Alone
And last, team-work is not allowed.

contest%20judging.png

Theme
Can you recognise the model? Is it a central element of the drawing? (here you note the compliance to the theme and the drawing of the model itself/25

Creativity
Is the model used in creative way? Do added elements/ modifications fit the model? Does the overall draw is unique? (here you note the drawing of additional element)/25

Technique
How are the proportion, perspective, shadows, etc? (here you note the skills and quality of the drawing) /25

Beauty
Is the drawing beautiful/ appealing/ interesting? (here is a subjective note for the whole drawing)/25
  • 50% of judges point ("total" divided by "number of judges", then divided by 2)
  • 30% of reviewers point ("total" divided by "number of reviewers", then divided by 3)
  • 20% of poll result (the first will get 20, second get 15, third get 10, and so on)

234778-albums7424-picture85829.png

Everybody may become reviewer. You must give proper review that give explanation, critize, and suggestion. Give the point based on Judging Aspect above

Note to reviewers:
1. You also can join poll
2. Bad review will be not included
3. You must review every contestant's draws, if not then it will be not included
4. All of your review must be in one post. Template will be given.

Judging Time
The judges and reviewers will start giving point after the deadline for about one or two weeks.
The public poll will also start after the deadline

judges.png

Sky_Demon

234778-albums7424-picture85828.png

+The theme is Warcraft+
+You may use pen, pencils, ink, etc, as far its "Traditional". Helper tool is allowed (ruler, etc)+
+No color, only black and white+
+You may only use a solid colored paper, classic A4 paper is recommend+
+You may use scanner or camera for your submission+
+You may resize your picture, also contrast adjustment is allowed+
+Try to draw it unique, it will greatly affect your point+
+Modifying the look of the model is allowed, as far it still can be recognised

Deadline
The deadline will be 2 weeks after started.

Participants (July 23, 2014)
We have around 8 participants (including me)
GreeN!X, Heinvers, sigelang, Freddyk, Roland, Forsaken, and me, 7 participants
Keiji, DeathChef are still pending or unknown
Keiji said:
If it weren't for the background requirement and the hazard of having to draw three
different characters, I might've actually felt slightly inclined to join this contest.
DeathChef said:
I haz an idea.
Let's see if I can slot this into my schedule.

Here I will try to give "common" question and try to answer it
1. Q= Why traditional draw?
A= I think its a kind of "not fair" when I see some people use digital drawing, and some of them only use pencils to draw. So that why I was hoping to create a contest where only pencils are allowed. Still on discussed.
2. Q= I saw some silly question mark there, what was that?
A= It means its still on discussed.
3. Q= Hey, I don't understand the rules and judging criteria
A= You may ask it to judges, or other contestant, or other user, or your friends, you can ask it to anyone
4. Q= The judging criteria look a kind of complicated... Why?
A= Read Q&A number 4
5. Q= No color?
A= Yeah, I think it will make things fair.
6. Q= Can I modify the look of the model?
A= Modifying the look of the model is allowed, as far it still can be recognised
7. Q= Hey, when is the deadline?
A= Not sure, maybe one or two weeks after it started...
8. Q= Have any tips?
A= Maybe... you may draw some war scene with full background. And I will say, full background is a must. Also If you draw a character, don't just draw it standing on a plain world
9. Q= Where is the older theme? I love that one, and I hate this theme
A= Feel free to post your idea
10. Q= WTF with this contest?!? I can make better one
A= Sorry about that, this is my first submission. Also if you have better idea, please post it.
11. Q= I cannot understand your English
A= My English is really bad, sorry about that. Even if I make this with my native langauge, it will be the same.
12. Q= This Q&A looks creepy!
A= I know that. I have think about it, but when I start typing, I lost my mind....

Last edited:
Level 15
After thinking all night, I got some idea.
First, contestant will draw 3 draws. There all different. They must use different character and background.
Second, you only can use pencil to draw
Third, you are not allowed to copy other draw. The draw must be 100% by you. You may use some referral pictures, but not copying them.

That's all. What do you think? Do you haver better idea?

Level 22
This looks good, though I don't have any talent for drawing so I can't participate, I'll just observe. Good luck participants and pick your noses gently :D

Level 23
Wow, that's one colorful contest thread. Anyway:

Deadline
Your submission must be posted before the deadline. There should be at least one image file in either JPG or PNG
I think you mean on or before deadline.

And about the image types, why did you choose these two specific image types? I think any image file type that's easily viewable is fine. Oh, and shouldn't these two sentences be a separate rule? File types doesn't really fit under the title "Deadline". ^^'

Background
Background is a must. Solid colour and stripe and a kind of that are not allowed. The background must be a proper background. For example like forest background, or castle, etc.
Well, since you're allowing different drawing styles and different styles need different backgrounds, I don't think a detailed background should be a must. I mean if someone wants to draw something like an editorial, it would only need a very simple background. Like cross-hatching or the likes.

Cross-Over
As the theme Warcraft "Cross-Over", what it means is your draw must Warcrfat themed, and use mixed style for draw the characters. For example one character use Realistic style, second character use Japanese cartoon syle, and the other one use American cartoon style. You may use other styles, or your own style, or maybe combination.

...on a same paper...
That's going to be hard. Just imagine it. You have a contest which requires people to draw three unique characters with detailed background with three different styles on the same paper.

+Shading will be most important thing.+
I have a similar comment to this as in the background thing. I don't think everything needs shading. Some styles do not have shading at all but still look darn awesome.

If someone were to put shading on something that doesn't need shading, then points should be deducted. Same thing should be done to drawings which needs it but lacks shading. Shading could also be part of the user's style.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that shading shouldn't be "the most important thing." :)

+You may use all kind of paper. Just don't use you notebook's paper. It will decrease your Cleanness point+
Then I'll use an intermediate pad or yellow pad or maybe some scented paper or maybe wallpaper. You said any kind of paper as long as it isn't from a notebook right? :p

+You must take a picture of your final draw. Scanner is not allowed (because not every people have that). Try to get a clean shot.+
Are you considering people who HAS a scanner but doesn't have a camera? Imo, this rule is somehow biased. Just somehow. :p
On a side note, you should mention how long this contest will run. Oh and some grammar fixin' will be awesome too, just to prevent some misunderstandings. ^^

Last edited:
This sounds really interesting, but I don't understand the point of some rules:
"+You must draw 3 different characters with 3 different style+"
-Why must we draw characters, why not something else? Like a scenery, a building, a weapon or something?
-Why must we draw 3 of them?
-Why must we draw in 3 different styles? Everyone has his own style, and it just doesn't feel right when he tried to change or alter it.
"+You may not use pen. Only use pencils allowed (you may use eraser, ruler, or other helper tools)+"
Why the hell not pen? I fucking love pens! Thus it adds challenge since you cannot erase it :D
"+You must take a picture of your final draw. Scanner is not allowed (because not every people have that). Try to get a clean shot.+"
Why forbid scanner, when it is the drawing we are judging, not the quality of the shot?

Maybe the rules need a bit of polishing, and we need a certain theme, because "Warcraft" is too wide theme, but I might join if it's interesting enough :p
P.S. fix your typos in the description.

Level 15
Wait for around 5 hours and I will edit them. (Still 3.30 AM, now using mobile.)

Mother f*ck*r sh*t, God Dangit !!!!
I have typed my response then I close the tab :(
I will retype it will simple one

GreeN!X

Deadline
I think before deadline is much better
Also, thanks, maybe I will change the title to "Submission" or something...
The file format... I just copy them from older contest, maybe I should change it.

Background
Yesterday, I tried to draw it. After finishing the sketch, I start drawing the background. And I'm stuck... Its so hard.. I guess. I will delete this. Or maybe, read my next text

Cross-Over
This is a kind of challenge, so people will try to draw with new style, not using "mastered style". On same paper.... yeah, its a kind of weird. Maybe I should change it to draw with 2 paper, one use "mastered style" and another one use "another style". And each of them only one character, with background. What do you think? This will be a lot easier...

Shading is the most important?
Sorry about this one. I type this a long time ago before I decide the theme, LOL. Different style will have different shading, some of them didnt use any shading. So I will delete this

Paper type
Then what should I type? "You may only use a clean paper, a solid colored one"? or what? Can you help me?

Scanner and camera
Maybe I will allow to use scanner

How long the contest will be?
I'm not sure. The theme itself haven't fix, might be change

++++ Blood Raven ++++

+You must draw 3 different characters with 3 different style+"

-Why not building? Because I cannot draw building, LOL, just kidding. I believe the "drawing style" will have great affect to character
-Why 3 character and 3 style? I will change it to only 2, and with 2 papers. So one paper, one character, one style. And the other one must use different style

"+You may not use pen. Only use pencils allowed (you may use eraser, ruler, or other helper tools)+"

As the title "Traditional Draw: pencils are awesome". So only pencils is allowed.

"+You must take a picture of your final draw. Scanner is not allowed (because not every people have that). Try to get a clean shot.+"

You are right. I will allow to use scanner

------------------------------------------------------------------

And last, about the theme...
I'm still thinking of it. In my opinion it should be humanoid, because as I said, the "drawing style" will greatly affect character "humanoid"....
So what it should be?

234778-albums7413-picture85868.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
Paper type
Then what should I type? "You may only use a clean paper, a solid colored one"? or what? Can you help me?
Maybe a clean A3 paper size ?
-Why 3 character and 3 style? I will change it to only 2, and with 2 papers. So one paper, one character, one style. And the other one must use different style
2 papers means like 2 final entry, i think 2 character on 1 paper is better because a seperate drawings will effect the score review
And last, about the theme...
I'm still thinking of it. In my opinion it should be humanoid, because as I said, the "drawing style" will greatly affect character "humanoid"....
So what it should be?
not everyone could draw a humanoid, i've meet some who can only draw a monster like : Fel beast,Sludge monster,Elemental,Infernal,Dragon,etc... so i think the theme should be free or should we start a pool vote for it ?

Last edited:
Level 15
Thanks, Sky_Demon. Maybe the paper should be a "solid white colored" paper.
And the theme, I will stay with 3 character 3 drawing style. We could divided the paper to 3 and draw each one. But the draw should be connected. And also, it's still humanoid, I guess

I will try to fix the main post later

Level 22
I don't see the point of having such restricting rules. It's a warcraft modding forum not an art forum, so i think you have to stay generic to attract enough participants.

I would suggest the following:
- Draw black lineart on white paper, no colors
- Use any traditional art method (pencil, pen, ink...), no digital art
- Drawing shall contain a proper background and at least one character
- Drawing shall be Warcraft related
- Attach scan or photo of your drawing to a post, using any image format allowed on the forum
- No computer alteration, except contrast adjustment to clean the scan/photo

Level 15
Omg, thank you so much.

My first idea was to draw with 3 different drawing style.. But it seems kinda hard
I was hoping so people will use not only his/her mastered style, but to try a new one.
By the way, I also give an example, but never mind that, I will change to main theme.

Also, you are right, Freddyk, this is not art forum. I make thing complicated, LOL

Maybe I should change this to my really first idea, "Traditional Draw, Free draw", a kind of that. I will change the main post in 8 hours...
(This is my first contest submission, thank you for your feedback)

Last edited:
Level 2
Well about the contest judging, i have some suggestions

Beauty in Art

Does the draw looks messy?,Uncorrect proportions of figures and objects?,Uncorrect movement or flow or Wrong placement of shades and shadows?

Originality

Your own creativity and uniqueness on drawing will determine how skillfull you are.

Inherent meaning

What is the artist trying to say? Art is powerful, not just for its beauty or the talent needed for its creation, but because it can cause emotion, make political statements, or challenge preconceived ideas.

About the Point Value, i still cant decided it yet, because this 3 include so many criterias to judge with, i combine a criterias like creativity,skills, and technique into Originality to avoid a bunch of "judging review"

And by the way, how about the rewards?

Level 22
I would suggest the 4 following generic criterias: Theme, Creativity, Technique and Beauty.

So for example if we go for the proposed theme of depicting an existing model:

Theme:
Draw a scene featuring a model from the Hive. Any model can be chosen (unit, building, attachment...) but it must be a central element of your drawing. Minor modifications can be done as long as you recognise the model (adding details, fit your drawing style, etc).

Criterias:
1. Theme: Can you recognise the model? Is it a central element of the drawing? (here you note the compliance to the theme and the drawing of the model itself)
2. Creativity: Is the model used in a creative way? Do added elements/modifications fit the model? (here you note the drawing of additional elements)
3. Technique: How are the proportions, perspective, shadows, etc? (here you note the skills and quality of the drawing)
4. Beauty: Is the drawing beautiful/appealing/interesting? (here is a subjective note for the whole drawing)

Points could be equally shared among the 4 criterias.

Level 2
I would suggest the 4 following generic criterias: Theme, Creativity, Technique and Beauty.

So for example if we go for the proposed theme of depicting an existing model:

Theme:
Draw a scene featuring a model from the Hive. Any model can be chosen (unit, building, attachment...) but it must be a central element of your drawing. Minor modifications can be done as long as you recognise the model (adding details, fit your drawing style, etc).

Criterias:
1. Theme: Can you recognise the model? Is it a central element of the drawing? (here you note the compliance to the theme and the drawing of the model itself)
2. Creativity: Is the model used in a creative way? Do added elements/modifications fit the model? (here you note the drawing of additional elements)
3. Technique: How are the proportions, perspective, shadows, etc? (here you note the skills and quality of the drawing)
4. Beauty: Is the drawing beautiful/appealing/interesting? (here is a subjective note for the whole drawing)

Points could be equally shared among the 4 criterias.

That's a good idea, adding theme, combining the inheret meaning on the beauty and seperate creativity with technique. so we can divide the points equally

Level 15
Hey, can anybody take control this contest for a while? I got problem with my internet....

By the way, I have some question:
1. We draw something from model section, right? That's mean all kind of model, isn't it?
2. Can we make change of the model, just a little? Or we must draw 100% same like the model? Or we only need to draw that can be recognized to the model?

And some of my idea:
1. The time should be one or two weeks, maybe a month so we can have more contestant. But 2 weeks should be enough, what do you think?
2. No color, only black and white. Shading allowed. All tools allowed, as far it's still black and white (not sure the name is). This thing is really important. I make this contest because I want to make a fair contest, where only black and white allowed, no color, no digital draw. Only traditional draw. Shading is allowed
3. Background is optional. Because some people don't want it. And also I saw some previous contest, there is no background rules. So there you go.

And the judging aspect: (???)
1. Does the draw looks like the model you draw?
2. Technique used. Does it follow the style's rules.
3. Oh man, I cannot make this.... I never join any contest before. And never review other draws. Because this contest had "free theme", I think "realism" shouldn't be added. Also creativity shouldn't be here too, because we will draw an existing model. Except if we are allowed to make change of the model, it should be allowed.

If I'm drawing, usually I will judging about how the proposition, the shading, the creativity (the pose, concept, etc), facial placement... I think that's all for humanoid, semi realistic...

And how the point counted:
@ 50% by judges
It means the judges will give the score, then divided by 2
@ 25% by reviewer
Means we will count the average score of reviewers, then divided by 4
@ 25% by poll result
First place will got 25 (come from 100 : 4), second place got 22.5 (from 90 : 4), and so on. Or maybe we should decrease it to 25, 20, 15, so only 5 contestant will got that bonus point. Or we could make poll to 10% and reviewers to 40%?

About reviewers:
Reviewers are the user. Every body can reviews. But the reviews that counted are the one with good quality review. At the deadline, reviewers must post all of their score in a post, so judges will easier to count it. If not posted, the point will be not counted. Reviewers must review all of the contestant, if not, their review score will be not be submitted. Also, reviewers must follow the judging aspect (?) hmmm... Not sure about this one. I believe not every users will know about art thingy. So maybe they will follow their own aspect... If we do this, then we should decrease the reviewers point to 30% and increase judges point to 60%

That's all for now. Please improve this contest. I will be offline for one or two weeks, because I got problem with my internet. It's really slow, even I cannot open google. I will try to fix that.

Sorry, I got problem with my internet... So now I'm back
Maybe I will use Freddyk's judging aspect.
I believe it's been decided..... Let me think about it.

Edit: a few minutes later...
Hey, I got a vision (LOL). I just saw the model section. There are many models there (I never saw model section before o_O ). And I think it will be boring if only one character allowed (who said that, me?), so it will be something like this:
"You must draw an approved model in Hiveworkshop. You may draw more than one, or combining building and unit. The judges will judge the overall quality"

Last edited:
Level 22
Hey, I got a vision (LOL). I just saw the model section. There are many models there (I never saw model section before o_O ). And I think it will be boring if only one character allowed (who said that, me?), so it will be something like this:
"You must draw an approved model in Hiveworkshop. You may draw more than one, or combining building and unit. The judges will judge the overall quality"

I quite agree with you, let me explain my thoughts about my proposal:

Freddyk said:
Theme:

I think just drawing a model is not interesting because there's no creativity, hence i propose to include a model in a complete scene.

For example:
- You may choose a unit, and draw him slashing enemies.
- You may choose a building, and draw it within a landscape.
- You may choose a weapon, and draw a hero holding it.

The only requirement would be to choose an existing model and make it a central piece of your drawing.

You may also slightly modify the look of the model, for example add small details that don't appear on the lowpoly model, make it "manga-style" if you wish, etc. As long as you can still recognise the model.

Freddyk said:
Criterias:

Examples of judging:
- If one draws just the model and nothing else, he will get bad score for "Creativity".
- If the chosen model is not a central piece of the drawing, he will get bad score for "Theme".

"Technique" and "Beauty" are respectively the objective and subjective score for the drawing as a whole.

Level 15
DELETED....

Thank you Freddyk, I copy your judging criteria, thanks.
BTW, what the host do? Who is the host?
and also, do you know who can be the judge here?
and when this contest will start?
I have many question....

Maybe I will offline for one or two weeks, running out of quota, will try find some public wifi...
Sorry about that

Level 2
BTW, what the host do? Who is the host?
and also, do you know who can be the judge here?

lol i think there's no such thing like host in hiveworkshop contest and i can be the judge, i'm pretty confident for it (since i cant participate for some reasons).

and when this contest will start?
I have many question....

first, we should answer all of your questions then if the contest isn't interesting enough for peoples to participate or if there's something lack, we'll impove it. after everything is perfect, we may ask moderator to announce the contest and then it started!

Maybe I will offline for one or two weeks, running out of quota, will try find some public wifi...
Sorry about that

one or two weeks? that's so long

Last edited:
Level 15
Hmmmmm............... is that too long? Well, I can finish it in one or two days, I think. But I want users who rarely login will know this contest. And maybe some of the contestant maybe didn't online when it started.

Also, talking about host, I read that in rules, :
The arena moderators will look over the proposed contest and may change it for style and formatting consistency.
Grammatical, spelling, and other errors will be checked here.
A host will also be chosen at this time.
A host must be chosen before the contest is moved to the Arena to prevent future confusion.
Judges may be chosen before the contest starts or during the contest itself. Depends on who's hosting it.

And, I just saw "Notice" board, and I see some contest create poll to choice the theme, should I make that too?

EDIT: a few seconds later
Maybe not, because I saw they create "Theme Discussion" first. Man... I forgot this is an official Hiveworkshop contest...

Level 22
As far as i know, the host is just the person who:
- define the rules and write the contest topic.
- gather all entries during the contest.
- annouce the official end of the contest.
- define the poll rules and write the poll topic.
- gather poll results.
- send entries to judges.
- gather judges results.
- calculate final results and write the results topic.
A moderator will help you to officialize the contest and attribute the prizes.

I also think the host can not participate (confirm that with moderator).

If enough people state in this topic that they intend to participate, ask a moderator to make the contest official and decide the start and end date.

You could also try to advertise the contest by sending a message to some people, linking to this topic. Maybe look into the "concept art" forum to identify users that are known to draw and thus may be interested.

Regarding the length of the contest, i think 2 weeks should be ok. Actually the main problem is not the length itself (a few days should be enough for any drawing) but the availability of people during the said 2 weeks. So if you goes for 2 weeks, maybe try to include 3 weekends in it.

So, i will probably participate.

Level 2
As far as i know, the host is just the person who:
- define the rules and write the contest topic.
- gather all entries during the contest.
- annouce the official end of the contest.
- define the poll rules and write the poll topic.
- gather poll results.
- send entries to judges.
- gather judges results.
- calculate final results and write the results topic.

ow, so there's a host in hiveworkshop contest.. i though the host job was supposed to be the judge job aswell

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
ow, so there's a host in hiveworkshop contest.. i though the host job was supposed to be the judge job aswell
Oh, naw. I was the host of the last Modeling Contest (#25), and I obviously wasn't fit to judge. It was simply due to the fact that I had created the "submission/idea" topic that everyone liked enough, so the Moderators just 'moved' it into the Arena forum & made it official. However, still being the creator of said thread, I was the 'de facto' Host.

It was weird, and strangely fulfilling, but very busy. I'll admit I would've liked to have known in advance what 'making a submission topic' would entail, but it was kinda fun. : )

Ooh, I hope not; I might be the Host of the Techtree & Hero contests if I'm not lucky. xD

Level 22
Freddyk said:
Ooh, I hope not
Well in last modelling contest #26, MiniMage is the host and also a contestant...

Personnally I would say it's OK to be both host and contestant, or both host and judge. But you can't be both contestant and judge.

Especially in this contest because i'm not sure we will have enough people interested, to get several judges and a decent amount of contestants.
Well, obviously Idaero Ace will be the host, so just let him decide if he wants also to be either judge, contestant or neither.

Level 2
lol yeah, it hasn't started yet.

Btw, why no color? :<
I didn't see that rule.

because it's Traditional Art, it only use the color of black and white. you can see that in the reminder

warcraft_3__artas_menetil_by_damanfank-d7itpnn.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
btw,what now? only need to wait for moderator's approval, right?

edit:
get my wifi back...
and I will be the host and contestant, not the judge
I really want participate, but if there is no judges, then I will be the judge.

Last edited:
Level 2
btw,what now? only need to wait for moderator's approval, right?

edit:
get my wifi back...
and I will be the host and contestant, not the judge
I really want participate, but if there is no judges, then I will be the judge.

Shouldn't we need contact them to approve this contest ? or we should really wait them to approve this contest ?

you looks like really want to participate, you can put me in for the judge if you want and you should edit the contest description because it still said this on the judging score
50% of judges point ("total" divided by "number of judges", then divided by 2)
30% of reviewers point ("total" divided by "number of reviewers", then divided by 3)
20% of poll result (the first will get 20, second get 15, third get 10, and so on)

Level 2
There are some minor technical discrepancies unrelated to this contest submission which have to be solved before it can get hosted. I'll keep you updated.

Also, I'll use this opportunity to ask how many people would definitely participate. I'm not going to approve something which will have three entries at best.

From what i've calculated, we probably have 6 ppl that would definitely participate.

@Sky_Demon I don't get it, what do you meant?

And Sky_Demon will be the judge
I will VM a moderator now

I mean, you should update the contest description, there are something that we have discussed yet you didn't updated the desc (see the Judge Review Scoring)

Last edited:
Level 2
i just noticed we are missing something how about the rewards for the winner, how much +rep will we give ? shall it be like this?;
1st = +15
2nd = +10
3rd = +5

Status
Not open for further replies.