• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fsjal Drawing Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
@Undeadducky, i usually allow only those who understand me to quote me... but i will make an exception this time... just try to be careful, ok?

@Xian, you can make an own review and some decisions... but wait until you discuss with dynamiczx before posting anything or so... we need to make this as clean as possible.

@Topic: Please no more unnecessary posts here. Yes Blood Raven, due to Dynamiczx's decision you still have until tomorrow (GMT+2).

Level 5
Im looking forward to see your fsjal blood raven
And w3.player
I understand you alright very, good
Please stay on topic
Lol :D
was a joke

Level 11
Bloodelf, i wasn't saying that you lied, it was a joke :p i didn't expected that you will take it serious, yes i know that it took you long time, i mean, it's obvious...but it's also very surprisingly that you made it with paint, i didn't said that don't believe the fact that you didn't made it with paint
And by asian i meant a very skilled person :p so sorry if i offended you as i didn't meant to do it

Anyways, the contest will end today at midnight(because of the exensions) and the judges will have a 7 days time to judge the entries, meaning that they will bring their results by sunday midnight

Level 12
@ Undeadducky
Now, your Medusa looks much, much better! GJ! :D
@ EloTheMan
Very clean work, well done, but a little too simple. Good job though! :)
@ Wimbo
Well, well ! Ares finally acquired a sword that fits perfectly with his fame! ;)
@ BloodElf
Beautiful entry, Bloodelf !
You worked hard, but the result rewards you = is so beautiful ! <3
After such effort and long days, no wonder your lack of humor. :)
That's nothing, we all go through this sometimes!
~~~~~~~~
Good luck, contestants!
Unfortunately, not all candidates have submitted their work (probably had their reasons - exams, school, ....etc). In this way - depriving us of the optical pleasure of watching a more exciting parade of colorful Fsjals (on this beautiful theme, which the current contest has).
Hopefully we`ll be more lucky in the future!
Tatatataaaa.....now, let the judges to decide in peace!:con:

Level 9
Ok... here is what i say, each of us (the judges) makes a rating for all the drawings. Like:
Contestant X, for his drawing of F fsjal gets:
>Basic traits- M points
>Originality- N points
>Details- P points
>Difficulty- Y points
>Fun- Z points

>Optional: A reason for the above scores.

... and so on for all drawings

After that... each of us (me, xian and Dynamiczx) will post it's rating and then Dynamiczx would make an average score. Of course it can always be mathematically checked by any member because we already posted the ratings.

I will wait for Dynamiczx to see if he approves with this method of judging but i believe it to be better since all the members can see each judge's score therefore it might be fairer.
If he does agree with this, Xian, you can begin judging and then post your ratings right away.

Level 9
Ok... i will post my rating really soon. And... Dynamiczx... it's not really like the previous one since that one had a "hidden" rating... i mean it was never meant to post the actual ratings... but only the final results... i only posted the ratings because people demanded it.

Level 14
Brotip: Highlight the freaking text to see the Verdicts!
's Fsjal Entry: Medusa,the Gorgon
Basic Traits= 15/15 Comment: You kept all the basic shape traits,that's no lie,so surely you will get a perfect score on this criteria
Originality= 38/40 Comment: Pretty original concept,though to some people,the mythical medusa is the first that pops on their minds.
Details= 25/25 Comment: Nice Scales,though you didn't add anything at the chin part
Difficulty= 10/10 Comment: Of course it was difficult,adding 17 snakes was hard
Fun=7/10 Comment: Looks fun enough,though the overlapping scales make it harder to have the "comic fsjal view" on the users
Final Verdict:
95/100
's Fsjal Entry: Ares,the God of War
Basic Traits= 12/15 Comment: It was awesome,but the armor and all the stuff,the eye color,made the fsjal feel diminish
Originality= 40/40 Comment: a very original Concept,Ares isn't usually what pops on your mind when you hear the word "Mythology"
Details= 22/25 Comment: Obviously a lot of work here,the clarity of the armor,the helm,but only one thing bothered me,the helm was blocking the nice view of the Sword!
Difficulty= 10/10 Comment: Of course,it is a lot hard,adding all those armor and all
Fun=10/10 Comment: Looks really fun,entertaining,and awesome,you even had 2 faves in DeviantART in just one day
Final Verdict:
95/100
's Fsjal Entry: Odin,the Nordric God
Basic Traits= 15/15 Comment: It has less details that keeps the original fsjal stay alive,so you obviously get a 100% in this criteria set
Originality= 40/40 Comment: a very original Concept,nothing more to say
Details= 20/25 Comment: Awesome,even though it's clean,it doesn't have that much in it,which is a Good-Bad thing too
Difficulty= 7/10 Comment: Looks a bit easy,since the beard is somewhat static and the staff is a simple wiggly stroke
Fun=10/10 Comment: Very fun,looking real sharp to the eyes,perfect as an avatar,profile pic or other multi-photographic places
Final Verdict:
92/100
's Fsjal Entry: Hera,the Queen of Gods
Basic Traits= 13/15 Comment: Though it is perfect,i almost forget that it is an fsjal
Originality= 40/40 Comment: Hera,i almost even forgot about that mythological figure.
Details= 25/25 Comment: Hell son,i can give 30 points if i can,but i can't.
Difficulty= 10/10 Comment: *Jawdrop* That is a legend in the making,son,keep it up.
Fun=10/10 Comment: Dude.. Holy fuck.
Final Verdict:
[rainbow]98/100[/rainbow]

Some last words: You can Complain to me if my judging is too biased or anything,but put in your head that i am trying my best,since this is my first time judging any contest,in real life,or the internet,i am still young,i can accept any complain you can say,for as i know,im just a 12 year old

Level 5
OK few things
just getting things off my mind

's Fsjal Entry: Medusa,the Gorgon
Basic Traits= 15/15 Comment: You kept all the basic shape traits,that's no lie,so surely you will get a perfect score on this criteria
( this is ok)

Originality= 35/40 Comment: Pretty original concept,though to some people,the mythical medusa is the first that pops on their minds.
( ok origanalality, firstly i made my own version of medusa that i dont think exists
because she is turning into a snake herself )
Details= 20/25 Comment: Nice Scales,though you didn't add anything at the chin part
( i put to many details in why 20? scales on snake ,hand and head,and the fibre of her toga ,wrinkles on her toga,i have many details why did i need details at chin?)
Difficulty= 10/10 Comment: Of course it was difficult,adding 17 snakes was hard
( this is ok)
Fun=7/10 Comment: Looks fun enough,though the overlapping scales make it harder to have the "comic fsjal view" on the users
( i diddnt understand this category for me it was confusing
'cause did i have to make a balloon or something)
Final Verdict: 87/100
the score is great idont mind
but ithink i atleast desserve 94+ after all i worked on it for 2 days
not being mean to you xian i know this is your first comp
but even wimbo needs a higher score
And blood elf your son? o_0
basic traits= 15/15
origanality=40/40
details=25/25
Difficulty= 10/10
Fun=7/10
i really diddnt understand fun

Level 14
@Undeadducky
Ok, updated,since i am a fucking son of a bitch,anyway heres one i found on the net dude
a9o6jd.png

Level 5
-_- diddnt mean....
anyways its ok ur not a son ofa bitch
yeah thats cool and everything butmine is still sortoff original
compare
that one you posted and the final version of mine youll see what i mean

Level 5
Xian, if I put the sword in the other hand it would've blocked the face, and you must have a serious problem if, when you have your sword in your left hand and someone's looking from the right side to you, the sword is visible in front of your face... and thanks brah!

Edit: Can I post my final version here in the forums now?

Level 9
Ok... so these are my ratings:
Undeadducky's Fsjal Entry: Medusa,the Gorgon
Basic Traits= 15/15 >You have all the basic features... nothing to comment.
Originality= 36/40 >Original and a good idea, as a a character... but the way you made it is mostly the way everyone sees it... although i think that the gorgon can be made in many ways... for example she could have some sort of shady hood, or her snakes would be shackled in some golden tiara... etc
Details= 25/25 >Amazing details... well done... so what can i say, it's well done.
Difficulty= 10/10 >Well... it was difficult at making it with such details... but still i think that the program you used helped much.
Fun=10/10 >Looks funny, amusing... it's like most good fsjals.
Final Score: 96/100
Wimbo125's Fsjal Entry: Ares,the God of War
Basic Traits= 15/15 >I see all basic features, nothing to comment.
Originality= 38/40 >Original and well made... the sword is a very interesting addition since most descriptions show Ares with no weapon.
Details= 23/25 >Good work... but there are a few spots where the he seemed... i don't know... too plain (maybe i am mistaking but that's how i see it).
Difficulty= 10/10 >A fsjal where you really put some work...
Fun=10/10 >Looks funny... the eyes make me laugh a bit... well, it's a fsjal nonetheless.
Final Verdict: 96/100
EloTheMan's Fsjal Entry: Odin,the Nordic God
Basic Traits= 15/15 >It's as any other fsjal, all basic features.
Originality= 40/40 >Original... you even gave him a staff, which i've never have imagined but still suits him well so... good work.
Details= 20/25 >Well... as it is already obvious... it's not so detailed.... it's too plain from many points of view.
Difficulty= 6/10 >I don't know how hard it was to make... but in my point of view, seeing the work of others... i think it's still kind of an easy fsjal to make.
Fun=10/10 >A funny stance of Odin... this one really amused me... it's perfect in it's own way.
Final Verdict: 91/100
BloodElf300's Fsjal Entry: Hera,the Queen of Gods
Basic Traits= 15/15 >All basic features here... nothing to comment.
Originality= 40/40 >Original... a staff, which, once again... you don't see much since i always imagined here without anything in her hands... just the perfect
Details= 25/25 >Just perfect... and amazingly awesome... you simply broken your own records by a mile...
Difficulty= 10/10 >This... well... this is a criteria which cannot be even comprehended in your position... since i am 100% certain that you worked too hard for any human being to make such a fsjal.... you would deserve double score for this... but it's not really possible.
Fun=10/10 >Simply funny in an epic way...
Final Verdict: 100/100

Final comment: Just simply too few fsjals to judge... if the next contest doesn't have more than 8 contestants (that will actually participate) i won't even read the topic to view the evolution of the contest.
Other than that.... amazing fsjals... and about the 2 which i've given equal score... well don't blame me... i simply can't decide.
EDIT: Also... xian, please don't mind but i took the liberty of "taking" your rating "template"... Just copied a few of the general texts.

Level 5
@Undeadducky So now it's a race for second place :D (Challenge Accepted)

@w3.player Thanks for the judging, the quality of FSJALs for this contest is way better than with previously submitted fsjals, you are not to blame.

Level 12
I think it's not easy work for judges - considering that the quality of work is much higher than in the previous contest (this means that the bar is even more up to the next contest). ;)
I've seen in this competition, no doubt, some of the greatest Fsjals.
Looking at the first Fsjals posted in the "Pictures" section, it`s unbelievable how much you(Fsjal makers) have advanced.
As demands increase also, it's becoming harder to keep intact the two requirements: basic features and fun.:con:

Congratulations to all participants for their work !

Level 5
@wimbo ,challenge excepted its now up to dynamiczx
good luck wimbo , lets see who places 2nd...:D
sorry elotheman im sure you will do best of all of us the next time
(contestant judge voice) aaaaaand the winner is
(building up tension the crouds screams out names and shouts)
Bloodeeeeeeelfffff!!!!!!!!!!!!
(crowd:wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ,oooooooooooooooooh)
Awsum fsjal blood elf
:D
xD

Level 9
1) It's said "accepted".
2) Yes... it's up to Dynamiczx... good luck to both of you! *smile*
3) Nice "RP of judges and crowd" although the sounds that are made by the crowd (at least as i see it) sound more like irritated sounds... not cheering...

Level 5
... And the second place goes to... *Commercial Break* ...Well, let's look at their entries again!... *Another Commercial Break* ...And now backwards... *Commercial Break* ...Upside down?... *Another Damn Commercial Break* ...And now some random artist!!!... *Yep, another commercial break*... And second place goes to Undeadducky... *Commercial Break* ...or Wimbo125...

Level 9
Well then... let's try to be a bit unique... ok? No more commercial breaks... this means no more unnecessary chatting here... please, if you want to debate about the contest's results before they are pronounced... do it in VMs. It's simple and helps keeping threads like this one cleaner.

Level 11
Sorry for the absence, but i had lots of studies these days, anyway, here are my results:

Bloodelf300
QualityPointsDescription
Basic Traits15/15every trait is here
Originality40/40all the work put in here really made this work of art original
Details25/25All that work put into the details, the glowing tiara and items made me put the max points here too
Difficulty10/10From Bloodelf's entry post, this was made with Paint, i am waiting to see who else can make this with the same program
Fun10/10all points given here

EloTheMan
QualityPointsDescription
Basic Traits15/15Nothing to say here
Originality25/40I like how Odin was portrayed here like some sort of seer, or a druid, if that is the right word, and not in his warlike form which you often see him portrayed as, still it clearly refers to Odin as he resembles wisdom, and leadership which Odin had
Details10/25I like how his eye is made without his eyepatch, quite neat
Difficulty7/10I can say it was a little difficult here, but still, not that difficult to deserve max points
Fun10/10all points given here

Undeadducky
QualityPointsDescription
Basic Traits15/15all points given here
Originality35/40Pretty original, the only entry which portrays a monster, not a god, and i guess it took some courage to make all those snakes
Details25/25All points given, I find the shadings, the snakes, the eyes, with the blood and the garment made me add them
Difficulty9/10I could add all the points here, but considering this was made with photoshop, i think it made it a little easier
Fun10/10All points given here

Wimbo125
QualityPointsDescription
Basic Traits15/15All points given here, nothing to comment
Originality30/40I kinda enjoy how it's a little similar to King Leonidas, but his eyes and his fire sword clearly say that he is a God of War
Details20/25I am willing to give 20 points here.I appreciate the details on the armour, the eyes, and the sword, also the cape
Difficulty10/10Must have been a little difficult making it with Paint, so i am thinking of adding all the points here
Fun10/10All points given here

Ok, so those are my results, now there will be an average between the 3 results posted by me, xian and w3.player.

Anyway, if you find something unfair in my review, i would appreciate to post it here so i can reanalize the entry and see if we can manage to discuss this

Level 9
Well that's the final result as far as i see it... we all had basically the same scores, except for the fact that me and Xian could not give different scores to Wimbo125 and Undeadducky, while you placed Undeadducky higher than Wimbo125... so i think these are the final results.

Level 9
*laughs* come on.... let's be serious... i have a better idea, since wimbo and undeadD are anyway so close in score... give them both second place... and elo can claim the third place... this way, everyone wins *laughs*. The first contest with no losers... interesting *strokes chin*.

Level 14
@Wimbo,chill man,it's gonna be average,2 judges think that your work is "2nd place worthy" like undeadducky's,and only 1 judge objected,so what the hell.

Level 9
@Blood Raven... a poll can't be arranged in a fsjal discussion... if you know how to do it... then please enlighten us... but making some sort of "each one of us posts his opinion and we add points to the OP" is not really a good idea, since it's hard to keep under watch.
Also... about the fact that you think that BloodElf doesn't deserve first place... i am somewhat thinking you are doing it from prejudice for female fsjals... maybe i'm wrong but... that's how i see it from your reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.