• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Towers with lifesteal in a TD map {alternative to mask of death life steal}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm making a TD map and i want towers to have lifesteal ability, but only after i research a tech called "Lifesteal". For that i tried to give towers the vampiric aura, but vamp aura only affects meele so in a TD that can't be done. Secondly i tried to use the Lifesteal(frostmourne) ability but here comes the big problem: Lifesteal(frostmourne) has NO icon, even if i put one and then even if i write the research i made "lifesteal" in the Techtree - Requirements section, towers HAVE lifesteal even if i don't research "lifesteal" during a game. This ability drives me crazy as it doesn't do what i want it to. Anyone plz come up with a solution.

Level 16
You can do it with 2 trigger:

First we need: The Tower / An Upgrage / An Ability / 2 Trigger

We got the tower "VampTower" - Then you take one upgrade (doesn't metter what) and renamed it to what you want - Then we need an ability (that to nothing for example Evasion (that you can set to 0%). At this ability you add the requirements: (Here your upgrade)

Than we start with the first trigger:
  • Research
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Vamp
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Lifesteal <gen>
Then we create the second trigger:
  • Lifesteal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to [VampTower]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacking unit) to ((Life of (Attacking unit)) + 10.00)
So the Tower gains +10 health if it attacks. (You can change the amount of healing if you want.

Make sure that the 2nd trigger is not Initially on!!!

MfG
Dr. Boom

Level 5
I can't believe no one suggested to use a dummy icon.
Give the unit 2 abilities
1. Lifesteal(Frostmorne) (Requires Lifesteal upgrade)
2. Lifesteal(Visual) Base it off a Brilliance Aura with Mana Regen = 0 etc. and the icon you want (Requires Lifesteal Upgrade)

Then when you reasearch Lifesteal, The Visual Lifesteal looks activated and the hidden lifesteal does the works. If you can't get it, ill make a test map for you.

Level 7
easily avoided side effects :p
taking your route is like, "oh i have a cold, which cold medicine should i take, the one with no known side effects, or the one that could cause violent gastrointestinal sickness.. number two it is!"

Level 4
I can't believe no one suggested to use a dummy icon.
Give the unit 2 abilities
1. Lifesteal(Frostmorne) (Requires Lifesteal upgrade)
2. Lifesteal(Visual) Base it off a Brilliance Aura with Mana Regen = 0 etc. and the icon you want (Requires Lifesteal Upgrade)

Then when you reasearch Lifesteal, The Visual Lifesteal looks activated and the hidden lifesteal does the works. If you can't get it, ill make a test map for you.

you are right, this is the easyest way and it really works, thanx.

If your lifesteal ability was working even without the research, you probably had "Check Dependencies" turned off.

...and it had check dependencies turned off, that's why it was working even without research.

THX for taking your time helping.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Status
Not open for further replies.