• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Too many forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well the new forums are kind of nice, but I really don't think there is a need.
AI (who will even write here anyway?), Jass and Triggers should be a single forum...jass can perhaps be a subforum of it, but for now there is no need IMO.

Skins / Textures, Models, Icons and Art should be a separate group.

World Editor Help Zone should perhaps be something like "General World Editor" and moved to the Warcraft III Modding.

That's just my opinion. There simply isn't so much activity in certain newly open forums. And sorting it too much can just confuse new members...

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Moderating isn't really a job you can have qualifacations for, although you can certainly have referees.

-*meow*
Well actually you can, there is certain things you must know regarding moderation and then we would like to have moderators for forums where their modding speciality lies. (like JASS, modelling etc.) and then they have to be active and helpful for the site.
And we have to be able to trust them, even though we can't really fully trust them anyway.

If a guy/girl knows nothing of JASS for instance, then I wouldn't hire him/her to moderate the JASS section.

More catergories? I think we have enough catergories. And even if we did add more what would we add it for?
Hmm, maybe because of the merge don't you think (if we are going to merge that is)

Anyway, we're still working on it, Ralle tried an idea yesterday, you guys like it? Try take a look at the forum index.

Imo there is far to many forums, all art related such as modelling, skinning etc. does not really needs its own forums because there really isent that many art people around the hive.

Also all world editor related things such as gui and jass why has that suddenly their own forums? Perhaps there could be a sub forum for jass help but for normal gui stuff why not just have that in the world editor help forum?

Better to have a few active forums than alot of inactive forums.

So unless the hive is definetly getting merged with wc3search I don't see a need for all this mass amount of forums that no one posts in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.