• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Redundant Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello fellow Hivers.

I'd like to shed some light on a topic I've been thinking about on and off for quite some time. The matter of (more or less) redundant* forums.

The first two that come to mind are World of Warcraft and Console Games.

Why? If we start with the former (WoW), this forum has relatively little activity and whatever activity yet remains could easily move to the general Warcraft Discussion forum instead (a forum that also suffers from limited activity).

The second forum I brought up (Console Games) also has limited activity these days (I'm not sure if it ever had enough to actually motivate an entire forum to this subject). Also, the General Gaming forum already fills this role more than well. Just read its description:
"A place to discuss any game you want to, other than Warcraft III."
The description already implies that Console Games (and all other games as well) could and should be discussed in this forum, thus making the Console Games forum even more redundant.

I'd just like to finish off by saying that I realize these aren't important matters (as if such truly exist at a modding site like THW...) but I still believe it's worth looking into. I'm also fairly certain there are more redundant forums whose (often limited) activity could easily move to other forums (read: mergers).

The pro to taking these actions, of course, is that you concentrate activity instead of spreading it, leading to more active forums in general. Besides, I find THW already suffers from having a few forums too many, so cutting a few would be beneficial for such reasons as well.

*Redundant for whatever reason, including but not limited to lack of activity to motivate the specific forum and specific forum purpose being filled by another forum.

Level 34
I never understood why console gaming and general gaming were separate. I suppose it gives me an extra forum to open when lurking there.

Status
Not open for further replies.