• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Posting Rules For Different Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I post this thread out of necessity. It is a problem that needs to be addressed and resolved.

A lot of the hive forum rules that apply to all sections shouldn't be applied to sections like the JASS section or the JASS Snippets Thread or Spells Section. For example, 48 hour bump. If I update a resource, I bump it regardless of time elapsed. If last update was an hour ago, so be it.

For JASS Snippets Thread, I follow policy of 1 post per snippet. If that means 5 posts in a row, so be it.

So right now, I'm blatantly breaking rules in sections where I don't think they belong.

This is the latest example of my blatant repeated rule breaking. A moderator deletes 3 posts and modifies one to include those 3 with reason: quad posting and I respond by deleting the post he modified and reposting 3 snippets and adding 2 more snippets. In a pm I warned him to never delete my posts again (yes, member warning a moderator when member is the one breaking the rules and moderator is the one enforcing them).
JASS Snippets Last Page

Post 1: Today, 08:27 PM
Post 2: Today, 08:29 PM
Post 3: Today, 08:30 PM
Post 4: Today, 08:38 PM
Post 5: Today, 08:39 PM

So perhaps we should have sections where rules don't apply at all or with different sets of rules. Obviously, you can't have the same rules for World Editor Help Zone and JASS Section. The two forums operate totally differently.

Regardless of what happens, I'm not going to be following the current bumping rules or posting rules for Resource Threads or JASS Snippets Threads. For those, I'll continue to follow my own rules, which is 1 post per snippet and bump whenever there is an update.

Yes, bumping works when you have a question or there is a discussion or a request, but not when you are updating a resource.

Last edited:
Level 17
You are right, those weren't bumps.
It was spam.

Seriously, what you are asking for is for the floodgates to be opened for spamming in specific sections which people will very much abuse. What are the chances of this happening? I'd say close to zero.

Just update your posts, wait 48 hours then post again.

Level 17
Because you were creating multiple posts for your "snippets" or whatever you call them, when you could have just done this -

AAAASFSDFDSFSAAAA

AAADDDDAAAAA

AAAAADDSADASDAAA

AAAAAFDSFEFEWAAA

AAAASFASFSAFSDAAAA

Hence spam, or multi-posting, take your pick.
Either way I don't see any of the admins bending the rules just because they don't work for you.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

People aren't so active here on the Hive that you need to make a new post for an update within 48 hours. Editing will suffice. As for snippets, I have no idea what it's all about, but if Bribe is the one monitoring it, then he's the one who decides the rules and you'll just have to abide to those. You have no right to ask a moderator not to do his job as he should.

Finally, I'm in favour of having all resources of one user in one thread. You still get the newest resources showing up in the top (unless people actually comment, hence it shouldn't be possible) of the forum. It'd be like the resources on your profile. The only bad side of this is the lack of a thumbnail or title for the latest post (afaik), thus people have no idea what the new thing is before they look.

Level 31
As for snippets, I have no idea what it's all about, but if Bribe is the one monitoring it, then he's the one who decides the rules and you'll just have to abide to those.

No, it's more like he meets the conditions of the ones using that thread or everyone goes back to regular threads where they can have 1 snippet per thread. If he graveyards those threads saying to put them into his special thread for snippets and then continues merging posts, then the users will just leave and resource submissions will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.